forum

How to approach close notes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xCandle
When attempting notes which are too far away to be called streams but too close to be called jumps, do you go to each one individually, with different tablet-mouse movements for each or do you do a single movement over them all and press the keyboard buttons appropriately?
Endaris
The former is safer and harder to pull off, the latter is easier but more prone to error.
Equbuxu
It depends on the bpm. Generally, I always try to treat these notes as jumps, but it becomes pretty much impossible on high bpm maps.
Vuelo Eluko
If it's just singles and at a bpm where you can handle jumps and the notes are coming at the same rate as jumps there's no reason you can't snap to them though. I almost always snap spaced flow patterns coming at single tappable speeds.

Spaced streams are another story. Let's just say there's a reason some of the highest pp scores as well as some of the most lauded scores in the game are heavy on spaced streams. Enormous amounts of reading/flow aim/consistency practice is your only option, there's no secret to them afaik.
mulraf
wew, it feels kinda weird thinking about this. to be honest i don't even really know, i just do what feels right. but i'm pretty sure it's the former. i wouldn't overthink things like this though.