forum

[invalid] Netflix Making My Osu Stutter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
geisha
Problem details: Netflix(app or browser) Makes my osu stutter a lot and sometime microfreeze.
Only happens with netflix, i can run other videogames like battlefield or csgo and still play osu at the same time with no problem.

Frametime doesnt drop much.
Ram usage is normal.

Specs: 24 gigs of ram, intel i5 , gtx1080

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
caree
Why not just close Netflix while playing I doubt you are watching netflix and playing osu! simultaneously.
Topic Starter
geisha

caree wrote:

Why not just close Netflix while playing I doubt you are watching netflix and playing osu! simultaneously.

i do i like having it as background noise when idont have anything to watch onyoutube
Nigrod
Well just close Netflix and go into your task manger and make sure it’s not running in the background.
Topic Starter
geisha

Nigrod wrote:

Well just close Netflix and go into your task manger and make sure it’s not running in the background.

but i waqnt to have it running thats the whole point
Tobias Leander
Try this.
Go to task manager, right click osu and click go to details, right-click osu.exe and set the priority to RealTime.
Also, set netflix to a lower priority if it keeps happening and see if that does anything.
Topic Starter
geisha

Tobias Leander wrote:

Try this.
Go to task manager, right click osu and click go to details, right-click osu.exe and set the priority to RealTime.
Also, set netflix to a lower priority if it keeps happening and see if that does anything.

yep that fixed it i used the netflix desktop app and set it to lower priority
Dntm8kmeeatu
The way netflix calls for gpu updates or whatever will always cause some hardcore issues with osu! and other programs.