forum

how do you even begin to learn low ar?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
I'm already pretty mediocre at reading, my definition of 'low' ar is 8.5, because at that ar and below I somehow struggle with low ar jumps. ar 9 - 9.8 is comfortable, and ar 9.9+ is difficult. That said, how do people even read stuff like easy mod? and more importantly is something like that worth learning? or would I be better off learning hr to increase higher ar reading (in addition to better aim)?
DeletedUser_6869432
I mean if your just gonna play pp maps no it's not worth it, peppy will take number 1 before we see a AR 7 pp map. Only reason to learn low ar is for gimmick maps, old maps, and like you said EZ. If your not gonna play any of those maps it's just a waste of time. That being said if you want to learn it you might find it easier to use a really clean skin with a wide variety of combo colors, no follow lines, and playing reading based maps like Oddloop.
VinZentVanDough
Odottenai yoru o shiranai
Odottenai yoru ga kiniiranai
Odottenai yoru o shiranai
Odottenai yoru ga kiniiranai yo
Kiniiranai yoru nante mou boku wa shiranai
Odottenai yoru ga nai yoru nante
Tottemo tottemo taikutsudesu
Topic Starter
Feylos
If we're talking strictly performance points, I guess I'd have to go with hard rock then. Although I'll definitely check out oddloop, and also why a skin with no follow lines?
DeletedUser_6869432

Feylos wrote:

If we're talking strictly performance points, I guess I'd have to go with hard rock then. Although I'll definitely check out oddloop, and also why a skin with no follow lines?

You can't even read it when the objects are that dense so it just clutters up the screen. You can also check out this guide.
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/337594
My Angel Jeremy
you don,t need ar 8.5 or ar 9 reading to farm any sort of pp
UnnamedBeast
although if you do pp maps with ar8 or lower(through map editing) you'll be more consistent overall and you'll actually get better aim (aim and reading are pretty intertwined)
x Lony
If you really wanted to, you could learn both... just play around with EZ and
HR.. eventually you'll have very nice reading