forum

[Archived] The thumbnails for my maps aren't generating correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryea
Problem details:
I started mapping a song like an hour ago and the screenshot just randomly changed to a photo of two people about to kiss or something, idk.
I didn't upload an image like that and the only one I did upload is the one in the background there, I tried removing my osu.db but it didn't solve the problem, and I have other beatmaps that either have that same image as a thumbnail or they don't have a thumbnail at all.
What should I do?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12676057

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Kaeldori
your osu!db is corrupted, you will have to delete it
Sadly all your scores on unranked maps will be wiped out but it's the only solution
Tobias Leander
Did you close osu! while dragging the osu!.db file out of the osu! folder, or did u leave it open while doing it?
If you didn't close osu while doing it i would recommend doing it again but this time close osu while moving the osu!.db file out of the folder, when you open the game again and go to the song selection screen you should see your beatmaps reprocess which means it worked.
Topic Starter
Ryea
I did close osu and deleted my osu.db file while osu was closed, and yes I had seen my beatmaps being processed but that was before I posted this.
That's the reason I posted my own problem, because all the other posts talking about this didn't help me, so yeah, that's a thing :/