forum

[Album] Jonathan Coulton - Artificial Heart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doodley
Hi.

This is a one man project.

So there's this guy named Jonathan Coulton and he does alternative rock music. You probably know him as that guy that did those songs for those games about portals. This is his newest album and it was released in September. And it's pretty great. Just about every song on it is great and I like all of them and the entire album is mappable. And while we have a few JoCo maps already, all of them are either sort of old or just of Still Alive and Want You Gone. (three different ranked Want You Gone maps what the fucfdfskskjfsjkdjk)

So given that I don't even have a single ranked map yet and I always horribly overestimate my abilities, I think I'm going to attempt a One-Man-Album-Project and map the entire album and get all of it ranked. The entire album.

Okay?

Somewhere down the line I might chicken out and accept other mappers but I don't really see that happening. I'll probably accept guest difficulties but likely only from friends and JoCo fans and stuff.

• 1. Sticking It To Myself (2:19) (Claimed by Doodley)
    2. Artificial Heart (2:33) (Claimed by Doodley)
    3. Nemeses (3:01) (Claimed by Doodley)
    4. The World Belongs to You (2:11) (Claimed by Doodley)
    5. Today With Your Wife (2:57) (Claimed by Doodley)
    6. Sucker Punch (1:42) (Claimed by Doodley)
    7. Glasses (2:47) (Claimed by Doodley)
    8. Je Suis Rick Springfield (2:28) (Claimed by Doodley)
    9. Alone at Home (2:02) (Claimed by Doodley)
    10. Fraud (3:00) (Claimed by Doodley)
    11. Good Morning Tucson (2:27) (Claimed by Doodley)
    12. Now I Am An Arsonist (2:53) (Claimed by Doodley)
    13. Down Today (2:22) (Claimed by Doodley)
    14. Dissolve (2:58) (Claimed by Doodley)
    15. Nobody Loves You Like Me (2:19) (Claimed by Doodley)
    16. Still Alive (4:15) (Claimed by Doodley)
    17. Want You Gone (2:22) (Claimed by Doodley)
    18. The Stache (3:00) (Claimed by Doodley)
I'll map some stuff in between, and make some skins, but a lot of my maps will be JoCo from here on out.

So I guess what you guys can do is sit back and either watch me crash and burn, or behold as I map and rank an 18 track album. Enjoy.

It's good to have goals.

EDIT: Oh, also, I might draw all of my backgrounds, because there's not many available. Hopefully some may even have storyboards if I can manage.
GigaClon
I like JoCo as much as the next geek. But isn't his style him singing while playing his guitar? Cause its going to be hell trying to time stuff like that. Although we could use a good Still Alive map, the only ranked copy changes combo on every note
Xgor

GigaClon wrote:

Although we could use a good Still Alive map, the only ranked copy changes combo on every note
I take it as you never seen this one before http://osu.ppy.sh/s/15972
awp

GigaClon wrote:

I like JoCo as much as the next geek. But isn't his style him singing while playing his guitar? Cause its going to be hell trying to time stuff like that. Although we could use a good Still Alive map, the only ranked copy changes combo on every note
most of his tracks include drums at a minimum, as well as the odd keyboard or other stringed instrument. Should be fine.