1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
posted
Can you please guide me if I should start playing no mod or continue HDHR with my current skill level because I’m not sure if it’s worth it to play no mod because I kinda lost my skill to read no mod and I can’t really play no mod anymore because I’m too used to HD/Hidden but I can only play HD/Hidden in ar10 should I start playing low ar maps with HD instead? Also I want to ask you guys if I should start playing HDDT??? Or if I should continue playing HDHR. If i start playing HDDT we’re should I start in which star/level of difficulty because in this point in time I can fc 4 star maps but I have trouble reading DT with HD...... I am really lost T^T
posted
You should not continue to write your thread title in all capslock.
posted

Endaris wrote:

You should not continue to write your thread title in all capslock.
Also you cant lose skill you never had.
posted

Endaris wrote:

You should not continue to write your thread title in all capslock.
Sorry My Bad
posted
Just play what do you think is fun
Imo low ar reading isn't necessary to 'be better'
posted
Alternate between no mod and hidden, and you will get your reading back
posted
to start playing with DT you basically have to take a map put dt on it, then see how many stars the map will become, after that you adjust it( may sound confusing but here is a example)
for example you play 5* map, if you take a 3,90* map and put dt, it becomes 5*
this diff for example is 3.96*, but if you put dt, it becomes 5,46*

judging by your plays, you play a lot 4* maps so you should try playing this diff with dt and see if you can pass it or even fc it
if you think its too hard just lowered the star rating
posted
to learn ar8dt i spammed this well over 100 times with nofail
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81493
i dont recommend it
posted

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

i spammed this
i dont recommend it
sounds like a good way to learn the map instead of ar8dt
posted

lewski wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

i spammed this
i dont recommend it
sounds like a good way to learn the map instead of ar8dt
i learned how to not play the map properly but i got comfortable with the approach rate so I could just suddenly play other ar8 dt maps much easier then i started farming it and i went from rank 20k to 8k and that was the end of my story

That map still annihilates me to this day though due to aforementioned spam resulting in a mental block the size of the great wall of china
posted
If you are thinking about taking the game seriously, i recommend switching between hd and nomod. I wouldnt say to force yourself, but force yourself, but not strain yourself. No mod is a skill you need in some maps as it will help you improve at a more steady pace imo. There is no problem with playing hdhr and hddt, hell even ez. But dont JUST play those. With your skill level, it is best to avoid bad habits as they are easier to get where you are at. Make yourself versatile, and play a wide range of maps, which will help you improve and have more fun at the game. People say to play what you feel like playing, but if you want to improve, you need to play things you hate as well. That is if you want to play seriously.
posted

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

to learn ar8dt i spammed this well over 100 times with nofail
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81493
i dont recommend it
ar8 is 750ms.
with DT it becomes 500ms.
you could've just spammed ar10 nomod and that would've been better lol
posted

Brainage wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

to learn ar8dt i spammed this well over 100 times with nofail
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81493
i dont recommend it
ar8 is 750ms.
with DT it becomes 500ms.
you could've just spammed ar10 nomod and that would've been better lol
i cant wrap my head around ar10 no matter how much i play it
i pretty much avoid everything ar9.8+ because i just hate it
posted
You should alternating between HD or no-mod and HR or DT (both is not recommended).
posted

alex2413 wrote:

Just play what do you think is fun
Imo low ar reading isn't necessary to 'be better'
This. It doesn't really matter if you can't play no mod any more unless you feel like it's important. You don't even need to be able to play no mod to become a high ranked player.
posted

Almost wrote:

alex2413 wrote:

Just play what do you think is fun
Imo low ar reading isn't necessary to 'be better'
This. It doesn't really matter if you can't play no mod any more unless you feel like it's important. You don't even need to be able to play no mod to become a high ranked player.
Yeah..... I actually think thats true. Thanks for your suggetion.. Also thank you to everyone ^_^
Please sign in to reply.