forum

Would you kill a puppy for 18 billion dollars ?

posted
Total Posts

Would you kill a puppy for 18 billion dollars ?

Yes
82.14%
No
17.86%
Total votes: 28
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

i would absolutely without a doubt kill and slice it into pieces for 18 billion dollars
ColdTooth
reported myself and you
Serraionga
Sosteneshion
Aiseca
Even if this is a joke, promoting animal cruelty is a bad idea.
Please, be responsible for what you post.
This is very disappointing.
MrSparklepants
I'm not gonna lie, I like dogs(but I like cats more) but if I would get 18 billion dollars, I mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ColdTooth
reported for animal cruelty
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
r/woooosh
Tad Fibonacci
I'm Vietnamese, we eat dogs for breakfast.
keremaru
hot dog
Serraionga

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

r/woooosh

Aiseca wrote:

Even if this is a joke, promoting animal cruelty is a bad idea.
Please, be responsible for what you post.
This is very disappointing.
Hawnta
this is an epic thread
abraker
give a person a good enough incentive and even the cruelest of things shall be done
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

the cruelest of things shall be done
That's passive voice. I think it would sound better in active voice:
"Give a person a good-enough incentive and he will do even the cruelest of things."
clover
You seem to be underestimating the value of 18 billion dollars.
johnmedina999

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

Legitimately this.

In order to spend 18 gigadollars in one year, you would need to spend about $2,739,726 each day. You probably couldn't think about what to do with 2 Megadollars each day.

It's a fuckton of money.
Westonini
Well it seems like a pretty open question without any restrictions. So in that case I could just euthanize a puppy that's sick and bound to die within a few days or something.
levesterz
This question confuse me.
Do you want me to kill a puppy self esteem or kill the puppy's disease ?
Or maybe the puppy mites problem you want me to kill that mite ?
Or its a toy puppy that you wanted me to kill
Is kill just the word kill or its another acronym for something else
Infact is this intire sentence is an acronym for something else or acronym in a acronym
My head hurts
abraker
If I had $18 billion dollars I would start R&D divisions for AI, asteroid mining, and brain-computer interfacing.
Vuelo Eluko

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

even 1 billion is already an irrelevant amount of money to me, to be honest so is 100 million. I see no real difference between those and 18 billion in practical terms, what I would spend it on and living a comfortable life.

However, I would do this if I could choose the method of killing it. If I can just use a gun or stick of dynamite or whatever I am gucchi, if you are going to make me use my bare hands... even for that amount of money, I lack the capacity to through with such a haunting thing. I'd rather continue to struggle through life financially than live with that. Though I could donate like 17 billion of that 18 to the ASPCA or some shit and basically have the same amount of practically usable money and I would also be making the sacrifice of the puppy worth it even from an animal lover's perspective, I just can't do it. Love em too much.
abraker
ITT: people that don't know how to use 18 billion dollars

Never thought how demanding of money science and engineering is
levesterz
18 billion dollar can solve world hunger
Tad Fibonacci

levesterz wrote:

I doubt it but yes, it'd help.
Aiseca

levesterz wrote:

Committing something wrong for good intentions is still wrong, no matter how you flip it.
Tad Fibonacci
The definition of right and wrong is subjective.
Something might be right for you but wrong for others and vice versa.

If you'd kill the puppy and get 18 billion dollars, you can use the same money to save millions of lives not just humans but other animals as well.
You may not have saved the puppy you killed but you can save other puppies using that money.
Scientists have been testing on animals for ages to find out cures to incurable diseases and/or to research and develop ways of producing foods that are cheap and healthy.
So I'd say people have been killing puppies for a lot less than 18 billion dollars.
Vuelo Eluko
well im selfish so i just dont want to live with it if i have to do it in a grisly way
payney

Aiseca wrote:

Committing something wrong for good intentions is still wrong, no matter how you flip it.

i agree, but at the same time it's a bit more than just for good intentions. at least in this scenario, you'd be helping/saving ~821 million people that wouldn't have been helped otherwise. one of those "for the greater good" moral dilemmas.

there's definitely a case to be made, but in the end, you're still killing a puppy. and that's not cool. it's bad in fact. not in this house.
Meah
no comment
Aiseca

charamaru wrote:

Aiseca wrote:

i agree, but at the same time it's a bit more than just for good intentions. at least in this scenario, you'd be helping/saving ~821 million people that wouldn't have been helped otherwise. one of those "for the greater good" moral dilemmas.

there's definitely a case to be made, but in the end, you're still killing a puppy. and that's not cool. it's bad in fact. not in this house.

My comment speaks for itself already, whatever the reason is.
Wrong is wrong.
abraker
I actually find the "committing bad to do good" interesting, "sacrifices for the greater good" and all that. Honestly, taking action to do such a thing feels like putting a lot on your shoulders as you become the center point of all things that result from such. There is no real way of knowing whether taking action will result in the best outcome, and you can only reflect upon what result comes after due to your direct actions.

Going off the moral principal I stated in this thread, I'd rather set things up to happen in a certain way where other agents become the active cause rather than me.
payney

abraker wrote:

Going off the moral principal I stated in this thread, I'd rather set things up to happen in a certain way where other agents become the active cause rather than me.

i guess that would be the easiest way to do it, huh

Aiseca wrote:

My comment speaks for itself already, whatever the reason is.
Wrong is wrong.

entirely fair, stick with it

dont u just love questions that no matter what answer u pick ur gettin heavy grilled?
i think the way to make these kinds of questions interesting is to take abraker's approach for example, and find ways to bend the dilemma.
but usually these moral dilemmas just become a passionate debate just for the sake of passionate debate, with no genuine real world implications, just morals taken to the extreme.
Aiseca
At least we are talking something here with substance for some time in OT.
I don't mind getting any better or worse outcome of these discussions.
To me, talking a few things that would challenge your faith towards things is somewhat healthy for someone's sanity and moral.
LazerLove
YESS
DissidiusDX
Yes. And I would make it look like the szene in Elfenlied.
show more