forum

Just PRO Skin (v1.4)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hakito
New version, meh, I didn't finish polishing everything yet, and I won't do it anytime soon either, because I'm too busy playing UT2k4...
Also, I deleted the "Extra" folder, because it was a waste of space, and a bother.

Downloads (Dropbox&Mediafire.)

Alternative download location : http://www.mediafire.com/?hbbgx240g4pql26 (Basic Version 1.4)
(The difference between basic and prototype is the hit and approach circle sprites, nothing more.)

Screenshots (Multiple images per spoiler.)

Video (Old)

Instructions

1.Download & Open.
2.Done
ychao
Very nice attempt here, quite original-looking.

Not really a fan of the lighting.png, and the white-ish cursor might pose some problems in some maps but otherwise great job overall again.
[ Kanra ]
Wow.Looks really good.Nice work! :3
Topic Starter
Hakito

ychao24 wrote:

Very nice attempt here, quite original-looking.

Not really a fan of the lighting.png, and the white-ish cursor might pose some problems in some maps but otherwise great job overall again.
I have no idea how you would like the cursor to look, but here is a version which has more black in it :

As for lighting.png, I am still thinking, because it's hard to make it match with the other textures.
ychao
Adding a red/blue ball/shape in the middle of that alternate cursor would be the cherry on the cake. ;)

As for the lighting, anything other than just a bland circle would do the skin better justice IMO. Even if only just a ring. Or something along the likes of the approach circle.
Topic Starter
Hakito

ychao24 wrote:

Adding a red/blue ball/shape in the middle of that alternate cursor would be the cherry on the cake. ;)

As for the lighting, anything other than just a bland circle would do the skin better justice IMO. Even if only just a ring. Or something along the likes of the approach circle.

The cursor never looks centered if you don't use the new cursor traill...
And here are some lighting sprites, imo the first one fits the best:
But I am not satisfied, so I will keep thinking.

EDIT:
SPOILER
It's a spiral, and I guess I will leave it at this.
ychao
I was thinking of a larger middle ball there (at least twice that size), but you get the general idea. And just the red ball as the cursor trail would be a nice finish. Maybe also add a bevel/emboss effect to the ball to make it look 3-D?

As for the lighting sprites, I also prefer the first among the three; but perhaps it would look nicer if you lose the grey bit and maybe also slightly largen those white shapes - making it look sort of like a 'bursty' effect, or so to speak. Try it out for yourself and see... ;)

Just my 2¢, may not be what you're looking for to fit the general theme of the skin.
Topic Starter
Hakito

ychao24 wrote:

I was thinking of a larger middle ball there (at least twice that size), but you get the general idea. And just the red ball as the cursor trail would be a nice finish. Maybe also add a bevel/emboss effect to the ball to make it look 3-D?

As for the lighting sprites, I also prefer the first among the three; but perhaps it would look nicer if you lose the grey bit and maybe also slightly largen those white shapes - making it look sort of like a 'bursty' effect, or so to speak. Try it out for yourself and see... ;)

Just my 2¢, may not be what you're looking for to fit the general theme of the skin.
... >_>

My last try...
As for the lighting... I updated my previous post.

EDIT:
*Sigh*, accidentally made a small mistake on the cursor, fixed it now.
ychao
Good enough. Like I said those are really just my suggestions (i.e. personal opinions/preferences), there's no need to heed them if you feel like they are contradicting your skin's theme (or if you simply do not want to).

While I can easily Photoshop the elements/changes myself, I just thought I'd throw some ideas out there for public consumption. :)
Topic Starter
Hakito

ychao24 wrote:

Good enough. Like I said those are really just my suggestions (i.e. personal opinions/preferences), there's no need to heed them if you feel like they are contradicting your skin's theme (or if you simply do not want to).

While I can easily Photoshop the elements/changes myself, I just thought I'd throw some ideas out there for public consumption. :)
Since I don't plan on creating another skin any time soon, I will just keep making alternative versions of whatever the other users suggest, and put them in the OP once I have a bunch.

Guess I should have said this in the OP, meh.

EDIT:
Scratch that , I am just going to do it all by myself.
Laharl

xFiiiChan wrote:

Wow.Looks really good.Nice work! :3
This. I really like it. But since it is a PRO skin, I can't mix it up with my Fail skin. That's sad. =(
emergist

I like this one.
Laputa_old_1
Brilliant.
Topic Starter
Hakito
Update bump~
boat
looks more bloated then actually "pro"

less rainbows, get rid of 300s combo and the score numbers look squished
Topic Starter
Hakito

boat wrote:

less rainbows
I will think about that, some other time.

boat wrote:

get rid of 300s combo
No way I am doing that, but here is a invisible sprite if you want to remove them yourself :
<---

boat wrote:

the score numbers look squished
Well, I guess so, even though I never noticed that.