forum

A new update for Mac players

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
bananasoyboy
A new update for mac players!

I have been playing osu! on mac for a long time now, since 2013 maybe and up until recently it was fine (besides the inability to download maps whilst the game is in fullscreen mode. During the winter update there was a feature on the side of the screen where you could download maps without exiting the game or making the resolution bigger, and it was awesome! However, come around when the winter update was done it disappeared and the game became a lot more laggy. It keeps refusing to post my scores insisting that the version is out of date and that i should run the updater, and when i do it tell me my version is up to date. there has been a lot of crashing too, as well as batman icons getting mixed up.

It still looks the same from 2015, and could use a little clean up :)
Death
I'd like to start by saying a new update is coming natively for mac players, in the form of osu!lazer, which actually should already be playable for many people. It is still missing some core features (like the ability to submit scores), but you should try it out.

The feature you are referring to that allows you to download maps in-game is called "osu!direct", and it is a supporter benefit. You are still able to get this, it hasn't been removed!

You are also most likely on the "Stable (Fallback)" release stream, which is why scores on newer maps are not submitting. This release is from early 2016, so you are not too far off in saying that "It still looks the same from 2015..." It's possible that you are using the oldest release on https://osx.ppy.sh, which locks you onto that release stream. If you download either the unofficial update or Alpha release from that page, you should be able to play on the latest versions of the game.