forum

Display mods on songs in multiplayer [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YeongZhun
Sometimes , i want to play a song without any mods , but when i come in , it has mods like flashlight , double time etc .. so i was just thinking , why not show the mods selected outside so that people would know before they come in ? Not sure if it's already suggested , or the reason [ if it was suggested ] this is not implemented , but just in case you guys don't understand what i'm trying to say , here's a pic .. ( this idea need not be what this pic exactly shows and sorry for the bad picture .. i only have paint )

Well short acronyms like HR (hard rock) , DT (double time) , SD (sudden death) , FL (flash light) , HD (hidden) should be easy to know and recognize so that shouldn't be any problem ..

Some might think that this is a useless and unneeded suggestion as people can just click the room and find out if the song has any mods but i think that the feeling of not being able to play the song you want it to be after entering the room ( same like when someone suddenly changes the song ) sucks alot .. this i'm sure some people would agree ..

Lastly , i seldom post stuffs at the forums , hence the amount of posts , but i think you should look at the idea , not who posted it .
That's all and thanks for reading =) 8-)
boat
The people on here seem to get more and more lazy, asking for features that will spare them from two mouseclicks.

I guess its a decent enough suggestion, but its not more then mildly, or heck, barely useful even.
ampzz
The amount of times that modifications are applied to multiplayer matches as well as taken off would make this far from useful.
Soaprman
Basically, what ampzz said. From my multiplayer experience, we tend to pick mods on a per-map basis rather than just keeping one turned on all the time. Rooms that choose to stick with a mod can note it in their titles.
Topic Starter
YeongZhun

boat wrote:

The people on here seem to get more and more lazy, asking for features that will spare them from two mouseclicks.

I guess its a decent enough suggestion, but its not more then mildly, or heck, barely useful even.
Lazy ?? I guess i am, but if i may, i think it would be better phrased as ' improving the game ' . It's not really the mouse clicks or pressing 'esc' that i am concerned about , but rather it's more of the feeling you get when you enter a room with the song that you want to play , only to feel disappointed and leave . This feeling is also the same as when the host changes the song when you enter the room ( or already inside ). Isn't the current assigned feature ' notification when a host is changing beatmap ' ( or something like that ) useful ?? But if you think about it , it even only takes a click or pressing 'esc' once to leave the room if the host changes the song . It's the disappointed(or somewhat fustrated) feeling that i want to prevent.

Soaprman wrote:

Basically, what ampzz said. From my multiplayer experience, we tend to pick mods on a per-map basis rather than just keeping one turned on all the time. Rooms that choose to stick with a mod can note it in their titles.
Rooms that chose to stick with a mod can note it in their titles ?? From my multiplayer experience , rooms that include mods have never once stated their mods . I don't think i have ever seen things like ' Double time , Hard rock ' as titles in multiplayer , probably i am one of the few that does state it though. Perharps this is a habit of the player nowadays , or idk , since i joined osu last year , and idk how is the multiplayer like few years ago, but currently they don't seem to include it in their titles , that's what i can comfirm .. ( at least when i am playing multiplayer )

But of course , if the cons outweight the pros , this idea would not be a very good one. Perharps this could be more treated as a reminder for people to include mods that they select when they create a room . That too, would solve everything too.
8-)
woc2006
Looks cool
a few questions, what's the abbr for Easy,Relax and AutoPilot?
Topic Starter
YeongZhun

woc2006 wrote:

Looks cool
a few questions, what's the abbr for Easy,Relax and AutoPilot?
Thanks , but such things are not decided by me though . If i were to give a suggestion , it could be ES or Easy(short enough) , RL (relax ) SO (spun out) , AP (autopilot) .. you get the idea. :P
woc2006
you may see this feature in the near future
Topic Starter
YeongZhun
Seems like this is already inside O_O