forum

[Archived] The "Ignore Beatmap Hitsounds" option is broken

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Papyro_old
Problem details: Beatmap Hitsounds are sooo annoying, and the hitsounds won't go away even after checking this options. Nothing works to stop them. Why do they exist in the first place? I use the default skin, on Windows 10. Can you help me?

I have the option on...

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Fatal3ty
You use the default hitsounds, that is annyoing for you, not the map hitsounds problem. Try another Skin with good hitsounds your like. Or make a new folder "user" and pick another hitsounds from any skin, if you use like default skin. You can download any skin from this: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/15

Click here this button and Osu make a new Folder "user" and you can add the hitsound file from any skin (its .wav files).

Important: don't forgot enable " Use skin's sound samples" :)
ShinKeyKai
That option disables the beatmap hitsounds. That means that osu! will ignore the custom hitsounds of a beatmap (sometimes the song doesn't have custom hitsounds). When you enable that option osu! will always use the skin hitsounds. In your case the default skin.
You can down your effects volume in the game (not recommended cause' that helps you to follow the rythm and patterns) or download a skin like Fatal3ty said.