forum

[Archived] LOCAL BEATMAP OFFSET

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asurge
LOCAL BEATMAP OFFSETS

Hello, so I have been hearing this thing called local beatmap offset. I only started playing in late November and I don't really know what this is. But what I know is that it can make notes appear earlier and later. So in osu! I run at a consistently 5ms latency. If I set the local beatmap offset to -5ms, will it like make my latency to 0 when doing the math?

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Nigrod
If your referring to universal offset then just find one that fits you. I believe that it is based off of preference. I think local offset is for if the audio and hit sounds are not synced. Negative offset you have to hit the notes earlier and negative you have to hit the notes later.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Don't touch local offset unless the map is mistimed and you need to adjust for it. Most maps (all ranked) will and should be timed correctly.
Topic Starter
Asurge
Yes sorry, I meant universal offset. So this universal offset is only used if the beatmap is off sync and not because of your latency?
Nigrod
Universal offset is used to sync the song to the hitsounds of a map. It doesn't have anything to do with your input latency.