forum

Improving accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
maxlid3
I want to ask you guys, is there any other way to train accuracy? I'm not asking for a way "hOw tO GeT gOod fAsT?" My accuracy is very shit. Even when I play a 2 or 3 Star Map, I get some 100s and sometimes even 50s and the lines on the accuracy bar on the bottom are very close to the edge of being a 100. When I watch very high tier rank players like Rafis or WubWoofWolf, I see that their accuracy bar is is filled with lines that are nearly all in the middle. The best way is obviously to play a lot. But is there any other way for example specific maps I should play or just anything else?

My problem

My goal
arzi
osu! is rng rhythm game. play game more is only way improve accuracy, it comes natural after while (if you're actually trying improve it).
im flat
play low * that are easy for you
i have 86% global acc so yeah
Seat Ibiza TDI
You can change the map od to 9.8 - 10 in editor, or just play HR.
And listen to the rhythm, it's very important
C15U
Whether you get 100 or 300 depends on map OD. I think it's natural that your hit error bar looks like that, if I remember correctly, mine look the same when I was playing 2-3 stars.

Personally I find playing lower star maps harder to time correctly, because a lot of details in music are skipped, while in higher stars maps there is a consistency that on almost every beat you will have to click, half a beat jumps, and 1/4 beat streams.

So basically in order to get better accuracy you need to learn to "know" where every half a beat is. Streams are the other story.

play low * that are easy for you
i have 86% global acc so yeah

Lmao. I've just seen your top scores. 275pp 75% acc, now I know why people sometimes bring up the argument that osu! is not a rhythm game.
Endaris
Hit error will naturally be more scattered when the map is slow or the map has a low note density (e.g. any map below 3*).
A hit error as in your goal screenshot is pretty much impossible on the maps you're capable of playing.
Right now you shouldn't pay too much attention to your hit error but instead try to reduce your 50s and 100s and aim to get better at the game in general.

Improvement at accuracy means having less and less ridiculous mistakes happen and slowly reducing the magnitude of mistakes overall in the process.
Taking your screenshot, this means trying to have all your hits being in the red rectangle:

When you get that, try to have all your hits in the orange rectangle. Then in the yellow. Then in the green. Accuracy is a process. Good luck on your journey.
My GF Luna
Play maps to songs you know very well. Tapping to a rhythm you already know is so much easier...that been said, acc isn't everything if you can get good in other areas. Funny thing to say for a game about rhythm I guess....