forum

[resolved] osu! keeps crashing with no error message

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
extrasensory
Problem details: As the title already states, my osu! just keeps crashing. The weird thing about it is that there is no error message, no "osu! has stopped working" or anything, it just freezes, sound stops, and then closes itself. It does not seem to happen whilst I am in the main screen doing nothing, since I have had osu! open for 12 hours like that and nothing ever happened.

I am kind of confused as to what I should do at this point. I reinstalled osu!, tried different osu! releases (stable, and cutting edge), reset my PC, reinstalled the Windows, etc... I have no clue what is causing this and I hope I can find some help here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190205.2
Death
Try following this guide to check your event viewer for any crash logs and post anything you find.
Topic Starter
extrasensory

Death wrote:

Try following this guide to check your event viewer for any crash logs and post anything you find.

Here is the log of the last crash I had

Death
That doesn't really say much unfortunately, does there happen to be anything else recent in there? It is closing on its own, right? It isn't just freezing and then you force close it or something like that.
Topic Starter
extrasensory

Death wrote:

That doesn't really say much unfortunately, does there happen to be anything else recent in there? It is closing on its own, right? It isn't just freezing and then you force close it or something like that.

No, I do not force close it, it does on its own.

Here are the three events that happened prior to the one I already sent

Tobias Leander
From the last error message it seems to be something with your nvidia graphics driver, try to upgrade to the latest driver version.
Topic Starter
extrasensory

Tobias Leander wrote:

From the last error message it seems to be something with your nvidia graphics driver, try to upgrade to the latest driver version.

Already did that :(
Death
I wouldn't just try only updating your drivers, I would probably try using DDU first, then try redownloading them after that.

According to the custhelp article that is conveniently linked on one of those logs, double check to make sure you don't have anything else super graphics intensive running. I also found this and quite a bit more by Googling that error code.
Topic Starter
extrasensory

Death wrote:

I wouldn't just try only updating your drivers, I would probably try using DDU first, then try redownloading them after that.

According to the custhelp article that is conveniently linked on one of those logs, double check to make sure you don't have anything else super graphics intensive running. I also found this and quite a bit more by Googling that error code.

Thanks a lot, gonna try this out and report back later!

Edit: Seems like this fixed my issue, fingers crossed. osu! seems to be running normally now and I haven't had any crashes after a good amount of playing.
Topic Starter
extrasensory
Okay it seems this did not fix my issue, it just happened again. Checked the eventviewer to find this:
The source for each and every one of these warnings are from "NVIDIA OpenGL Driver"

Here is what all of them say in the details:
Death
Unless you have some other applications running in the background using a boatload of vram, this is still probably either a driver issue/setting issue, or a physical issue with your graphics card.

Try enabling compatibility mode in-game.
Tobias Leander
I believe overclocking can cause this error, so if you are overclocking currently try not doing that and run osu.
Death

Tobias Leander wrote:

I believe overclocking can cause this error, so if you are overclocking currently try not doing that and run osu.
This is one of the suggestions on the three links that I posted earlier.

Assuming not everything that I posted was tried, then I would completely agree in saying overclocking this is a really good thing to try.
Topic Starter
extrasensory

Death wrote:

Tobias Leander wrote:

This is one of the suggestions on the three links that I posted earlier.

Assuming not everything that I posted was tried, then I would completely agree in saying overclocking this is a really good thing to try.

I am not overclocking my GPU and compatibility mode did not help. I did remove my GPU entirely today and ran osu! on my CPU's integrated graphics and as it stands, there have been no crashes. Seems like my GPU is just dying and I sadly have to get a new one.

I thank you all of your help on the topic, I suppose we can mark this issue as resolved now!
dylanlim2011
i have the same problem
Death

dylanlim2011 wrote:

i have the same problem
Make a new thread please.