forum

Consecutive Triple Taps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_cark
So I'm around 4.3*-4.7* and a rhythm that appears sometimes and always catches me off guard are consecutive triple taps like to these ones in the 4.81 version of Yonjuunana: or
I try to do a xzx xzx pattern but some times the time in between the triples are too quick for me to reset my finger/hand to tap the x again, so I'm conflicted on whether to treat the really fast ones like a stream or try get better with my current pattern. I haven't tried the stream method because doing an even number of taps like xzx zxz feels really unnatural.

Anyways just looking for some advice ^_^
Anemic Witch
Just play more and you will build up your muscle memory and stamina.
Vuelo Eluko
xzx xzx xzx xzx
just practice really, triples aren't so bad. You like me have an enormous gap in your play history, it's not easy and it's frustrating to get back into the swing of things but i believe in you.
Sosteneshion

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

xzx
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/366954&m=0
Topic Starter
_cark

sosteneshion wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/366954&m=0

thanks I've done this for about 5 minutes and my consistency is already better
Sosteneshion

Sushezi wrote:

thanks I've done this for about 5 minutes and my consistency is already better
Keep it up!
Brainage
alternate them (vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb vbv bvb)
Chintam
There's two methods of tacking with consecutive which has been touched on by earlier replies. You either start with the same key both time, i.e zxz zxz, or alternate, i.e zxz xzx.

In theory alternating would be more efficient as you will not be double tapping the same key, however, this assumes that both of your fingers are equally dominant. This obviously isn't the case for most players, including me.

You can attempt to train your fingers so that you are equally comfortable with starting triples with either finger and in theory, you would be better off. However, I have not tried this so I don't know if it's actually true. I'm pretty sure most people start the triplets with the same key because the spacing is between triplets is 1/2 which you have been doing throughout the rest of the map.