forum

How can an average player play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MickeyVK
It's my first post, and it's my question I longed to ask.
Before that, I want to define average player as not a newbie, play for a while, but not as good as those world-class players.
I want to know what beatmaps can an average player play and how high can the star rating be. I'm playing low-4 stars maps. Does this counts as average? Basically more information is better. Thanks guys!
Akanagi
Around 3-4*

You can get a good guess on what the average player looks like by checking on the submitted plays per difficulty on a set, and on average the most plays tend to be submitted on the 3-4* difficulties of a set, while the 6+* difficulties tend to get the least, as well as low 1-2* maps, so low 4* would represent your average/intermediate player.

Obviously though, nothing stops these people from just playing higher or lower maps, and nothing stops pros from setting scores on 3-4* maps, especially since mods are a thing.
mulraf
by clicking the circles to the beat :^)

so one other method involves going into the game, online users, scroll all the way down to load all players and then go somewhere around the middle.
i've come up with this result https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12632161 so i would say the average is somewhere around rank 290.000 currently. i went to the profile of two found players (draketamer and pwnedpnch) and the top plays where ~low 4* with someeewhat decent acc (not to good but acceptable i guess).
so truth be told you probably are a bit lower than the average. but there's not much missing i think :)