community forum

[resolved] Pen lags during gameplay, not anywhere else

posted
Total Posts
13
Topic Starter
Milkyy
Problem details:
My tablet lags whenever I am on osu!, but not anywhere else.
I reset my settings, driver, computer, batteries, and nothing worked.

Don't give me anything that has to do with Support TabletPC, Wacom, or Windows, because I do not have a Wacom, a Windows, or the Support TabletPC option. :/

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fajf3suy4q56gsx/Milkyy_-_dj_TAKA_-_quaver_%5BShunao%27s_Hard%5D_%282019-02-03%29_Osu.osr/file
replay of what it looks like while i play

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Death

Milkyy wrote:

Don't give me anything that has to do with Support TabletPC, Wacom, or Windows, because I do not have a Wacom, a Windows, or the Support TabletPC option.
Does that mean you are on macOS or linux then?

What tablet do you have?

Try disabling raw input and setting your sensitivity to 1 in osu!'s settings.
Topic Starter
Milkyy
Mac.
Using Huion 420
Disabling raw input and setting sensitivity to 1 just makes the pen too slow to do anything, but I might be able to try to do something to fix that.
Death
Does that prevent it from being super shaky though? You should be able to decrease the active area in your tablet drivers to counteract that slowness.
Topic Starter
Milkyy
Yes.
Zantetsuken
search through your driver and see if you can lower the polling rate
Death

Zantetsuken wrote:

search through your driver and see if you can lower the polling rate
As far as I know you can't change the polling rate for the Huion 420. I don't think I've ever seen a tablet that allows you to change the polling rate.
Topic Starter
Milkyy

Zantetsuken wrote:

search through your driver and see if you can lower the polling rate
I can't.

Death wrote:

Does that prevent it from being super shaky though? You should be able to decrease the active area in your tablet drivers to counteract that slowness.
It runs perfectly fine in the menus, but once I load a map the pen starts to become shaky and laggy.

Also, this started happening today. The pen was perfectly fine yesterday and was working very well.
Death
Nothing really changed osu!-wise within the past day. When you mentioned in your first post that you "reset my settings, driver, etc..." does this mean you just reset your driver's settings, or did you reinstall your drivers? Have you tried using a different USB port?
Topic Starter
Milkyy
Reinstalled the drivers.
I just tried a new USB port and nothing changed.

FIXED

Turns out osu! was using too much RAM when it was loading a beatmap, as I only have about 60 GB left. I enabled "Reduce dropped frames" and turned the frame rate to unlimited to fix the problem.
Death
I don't think you have 60GB of RAM. Storage space, maybe. If you wanted to use less resources, setting your frame rate to unlimited seems like it would do the exact opposite of what you want it to do. But... if that works for you then great.
Zantetsuken

Death wrote:

Zantetsuken wrote:

search through your driver and see if you can lower the polling rate
As far as I know you can't change the polling rate for the Huion 420. I don't think I've ever seen a tablet that allows you to change the polling rate.
Just as a side note, third party hawku drivers are able to change it
Topic Starter
Milkyy

Death wrote:

I don't think you have 60GB of RAM. Storage space, maybe. If you wanted to use less resources, setting your frame rate to unlimited seems like it would do the exact opposite of what you want it to do. But... if that works for you then great.
Haha, oops. I meant to say storage space. But yeah, it somehow works.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply