1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
show more
posted

ampzz wrote:

masood wrote:

I wanted to make a skin for osu! that matched my visual style and colour scheme while being clear and easy to read. This is the result. ]My inspiration for making this skin was heavy usage of Xiaounlimited's excellent nexus skin
Sort of contradictory there when all you did was just changed the colour of some aspects of his skin so it's not your work as anyone can take another person's skin and just alter the colour in Photoshop and GIMP.

Did you even ask xiao for permission to use his skinning elements as a base for yours before you posted this?

I wouldn't think so.
I don't really see how you can possibly think that making this skin was such a trivial endeavor that all it involved was "changing colours." Especially since I made everything from scratch except for the spinner circle. Also, go read Xiao's sig.

peppy wrote:

I approve.
Many thanks.
posted
using this <3
posted

ampzz wrote:

Did you even ask xiao for permission to use his skinning elements as a base for yours before you posted this?
If i'm not wrong Xiao allows anyone to use his skins as far as the person credits him C: it was on his userpage or signature before, can't remember.
posted
:,7
posted

Bittersweet wrote:

ampzz wrote:

Did you even ask xiao for permission to use his skinning elements as a base for yours before you posted this?
If i'm not wrong Xiao allows anyone to use his skins as far as the person credits him C: it was on his userpage or signature before, can't remember.

Xiao wrote:

Yes, I use a custom skin. Yes, you can use my skins and skin elements for your maps. Stop asking me.
posted
what a beautiful skin! yet another talented Canadian graphic artist.

yeah what people are saying is correct. I remember reading it in his signature that he allows anyone to use his skin components and such as long as there is credit given, which is.

do you think it's possible to make the slider body transparent? I think it would look amazing with this skin.

posted
Amazing. Using this as my new skin.
posted
Really good job sir
posted
Thanks for the feedback, and for those who are wondering Xiao's signature specifically says not to contact him about using skin elements.

Xiao wrote:

Yes, I use a custom skin. Yes, you can use my skins and skin elements for your maps. Stop asking me.

Xakyrie wrote:

do you think it's possible to make the slider body transparent? I think it would look amazing with this skin.
From what I understand you cannot skin the slider body but you can switch between 3 different styles using the .ini file for the skin. Somebody more experienced with making osu! skins may be able to shed some light on how skinning it would work.
posted
Add to skin.ini in [General] for transparent slider.
SliderStyle : 2
I understand making skin, but come on, let's make something more original than recreating already existed skin (because it's freaking similar to Xiao's Nexus skin).

Still I don't get this, why people are making ALL parts so minimalistic. Yes, gameplay parts should help people with visibly, but ranking or menu? What? It affects your performance? D:

Xiao wrote:

Yes, I use a custom skin. Yes, you can use my skins and skin elements for your maps. Stop asking me.
I don't see anything about using in your skins. :PAs far as I know you still should be able to use his elements ^^'
posted
I will address your second point by saying that some people enjoy a more minimalist approach to the look of things. I happen to be one of those people and as stated in the op I created this skin to match my visual style. In order to grant some substance to that statement I will simply link a picture of my desktop from a couple of weeks ago.



So far I'm thinking that a good solution for people who say that this skin is too similar to Nexus would be to redo the mod icons (text only perhaps?) and the spinner circle while removing the text that says performance graph from the score screen.
posted
I love it, just didn't like the hitbursts.
posted

Schivardi wrote:

I love it, just didn't like the hitbursts.
Thanks for mentioning the hitbursts I completely forgot that they existed and need to work on making some new ones. I'll also have to edit the op to say that they are almost the exact same as nexus's hitbursts.
posted
That spinner is bloated beyond recognition.
posted

masood wrote:

Schivardi wrote:

I love it, just didn't like the hitbursts.
Thanks for mentioning the hitbursts I completely forgot that they existed and need to work on making some new ones. I'll also have to edit the op to say that they are almost the exact same as nexus's hitbursts.
I suggest you to make it with visitor TT2 BRK, would be great ;)
On photoshop some shade and 1 px stroke would be fine I think
btw the cursor trail is not pretty when doing spinners
posted

Schivardi wrote:

I suggest you to make it with visitor TT2 BRK, would be great ;)
On photoshop some shade and 1 px stroke would be fine I think
btw the cursor trail is not pretty when doing spinners
woops I thought you were talking about lighting.png before

2 days with no sleep.. bad idea
posted
Uh yes, lightning is bad too, but I disabled it anyway, so didn't see :)
posted

masood wrote:

2 days with no sleep.. bad idea
if you say it's because you've been working on this skin, I would be deeply saddened.

get some sleep now, won't you? :<
posted
hah far to much Diablo 3

Oh, I uploaded a new version with several very small changes.
posted
I like it! :D
show more
Please sign in to reply.