forum

Tablet area too small?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Catzzye
Hello there.
I know this is a really generic and beginner question to post, but I wanted to ask either way.
I have CTL-480 tablet and the following tablet area http://prntscr.com/mfoamc .
In your opinion, is the tablet area too small for general gameplay?
I've been trying to practice HDHR recently though I play jump maps.
Should I increase little by little, should I stay at this, should I increase a lot?
Thank you!
lewski
If what you have is comfortable, I don't see any reason to change
im flat
do whatever fits you best
I use full area and its comfortable
Penguin
It depends on your playstyle. If you like using your fingers to control your pen, then it's natural to use a smaller area. If you use more wrist and arm movement, then you'll most likely use a large area. It's not the same for all cases though.

One playstyle isn't superior to the next. Just play with what you are comfortable with.
Rynnavinx
yeah thats kinda small

but if you aren't having any problems with it (like getting too many shitmisses or not being able to play smaller cs well), you don't really need to change it.

if you do, then you can change it. personally, in the past, i've always changed it directly to what I wanted my area to be, not little by little.
My GF Luna
I would leave your tablet area as full and change your OSU window size. I play 1152x854 for DT but go higher for everything else. You're basically changing your tablet size this way but no matter what window size you set your pen corresponds to the same position so your muscle memory is always the same.

Also, I would go as small as possible without affecting aim...but if you go the window size route you can gradually go smaller without impacting muscle memory like I said.