forum

Add supporter purchase history on user page.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
TechReside
Add some type of indicator that shows how much times osu! supporter was bought or gifted.
abraker
On the new website that is currently shown by the amount of hearts on your supporter badge
Death
You can also already view exactly how many times you have purchased supporter on: https://osu.ppy.sh/home/support

Is that what you are asking for here?
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

On the new website that is currently shown by the amount of hearts on your supporter badge

Let's say, I bought 3, then 1 as a gift,
Then hearts should be 4 on the badge?
abraker

Aiseca wrote:

abraker wrote:

Let's say, I bought 3, then 1 as a gift,

Then hearts should be 4 on the badge?
I think it only goes up to three, and I am not entirely sure how they are being counted.

egg: community/forums/posts/7148945
Sosteneshion
1 heart: less than a year
2 hearts: between 1 and 5 years
3 hearts more than 5 years

Isn't it?
Death

sosteneshion wrote:

1 heart: less than a year
2 hearts: between 1 and 5 years
3 hearts more than 5 years

Isn't it?

Looks about right according to this.

abraker wrote:

I think it only goes up to three, and I am not entirely sure how they are being counted.

If I'm not mistaken, it increases the length based on how many supporter tags you've received (gifted to you or bought for yourself) and not for how many you've actually purchased yourself. Though I could be wrong. I'm basing that on the fact that this function uses target_user_id instead of user_id and it appears to be used here... but I really have no idea how Laravel works.
abraker
if (supportLength not in cache)
{
supportLength = 0;
foreach (supporterTags as supporterTag)
{
if (supporterTag->cancel is true) supportLength -= supporterTag->length;
else supportLength += supporterTag->length;
}

cache(supportLength);
}

if (not osu_supporter)      return 0;
if (supportLength < 12) return 1;
if (supportLength < 5 * 12) return 2;
/* else */ return 3;

Translated into psuedocode. I am not entirely sure what cancel is based on, but I will assume it's when you decide not to have supporter after having one. Then according to this, what sosteneshion said is almost correct. It's based on cumulative supporter months, and the values summed are:
  • 1) if buying supporter before last one runs out, number of months the supporter tag is for
    2) otherwise, number of months the supporter tag is for - 1
So it's possible for one to never have more than a heart if they keep buying 1 month supporter and deciding not to buy more before each one expires