yea it was fun

yea im retarded
Topic Starter
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

If you're new check these out:
Gameplay basics: https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/62209
New player guide: https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/189774

I also put these here to help newbies, but dont know if anyone read them.
Westonini
what the fuck how did i overlook that
johnmedina999
Oh shit

I'm sorry, Westo. I suspected you from the start but you were innocent >_<

Penguin was good tho
Death
What do you mean, "dunno how the lynch shifted to Westonini"?? The lynch shifted to Westo because john voted for him randomly and then the rest of the mafia eliminated him (which they could have done a while ago).
Westonini
Honestly thats why I was so confused. As soon as I got the vote from John I thought immediately I'd get lynched by the other two. But that took a long time to actually happen.
Topic Starter
Sakura

Death wrote:

What do you mean, "dunno how the lynch shifted to Westonini"?? The lynch shifted to Westo because john voted for him randomly and then the rest of the mafia eliminated him (which they could have done a while ago).
Ah yes, i mean the lynch should've been a 1v1 between you and Penguin, dunno how Westonini even got voted.
That's how LyLo usually works, but idk if you guys thought there might've been only 1 mafia or what, so yeah, idk what went through your heads, idea games arent exactly great for introducing ppl imo.

i blame GIF for suggesting it
abraker
at that point I have no idea why mafia hesitated. Prob waiting for critical point, but still. That was the most retarded vote
johnmedina999

Sakura wrote:

Last, hope you all had fun, but if you were as lost as you looked, this might not have been a good idea for a newbie game, newbies need at least some experienced players to guide them, and idea games are kinda... crazy.
Thank you very much for hosting, Sakura!
Topic Starter
Sakura

Westonini wrote:

Honestly thats why I was so confused. As soon as I got the vote from John I thought immediately I'd get lynched by the other two. But that took a long time to actually happen.
No day chat makes QH coordination harder, but i was 100% sure town lost at that vote, until i had to prod Penguin lol.
abraker

Westonini wrote:

You should have timed john's posting and said it. I would be freaking out if I were you
Topic Starter
Sakura

johnmedina999 wrote:

Oh shit

I'm sorry, Westo. I suspected you from the start but you were innocent >_<

Penguin was good tho
The funny thing is when Penguin was being voted on LyLo while conftowning his voter i was like "Welp penguin fucked up, coz he cant CC now" funny how that ended up :P
Westonini

abraker wrote:

You should have timed john's posting and said it. I would be freaking out if I were you

Yeah I was freaking out. But I thinking maybe John was using it as bait to see who would vote for me, then John would unvote.
abraker
Don't assume anything. You don't know
Westonini
I'll admit, that was definitely a mistake on my part.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Ok so here's a thing.
When town is in LYLO any townie voting any townie means town loses, variance dependent on how fast scum QHs and whether town unvotes before a QH happens.

I admit there was the possibility of it not being LYLO yet, which means there was 1 scum, and it's a possibility that could've crossed your minds.

So when town is in LYLO, if 2 people are voting each other (or one of them voting the other), generally the path to win (for town), is to wait for a QH (on 3 way lylo, lack of hammer means conftown on the non voting player), if no QH happens, then that means that either A) scum cant coordinate for some reason, or B) one of the voting parties is scum, this leads to a 1 v 1 between the voting players, because one of them is guaranteed scum, and is town's job to figure out who and then vote them out.
Death

Sakura wrote:

I admit there was the possibility of it not being LYLO yet, which means there was 1 scum, and it's a possibility that could've crossed your minds.
It's a possibility that I mentioned more than once...
Topic Starter
Sakura
Onto other things:

Husa not claiming when being lynched was wtf really, but maybe they didnt know they could do that?, you cant copy paste your role PM, but you're free to claim any role either your own, or any fake one, at any time you deem necessary.

Also surprised no one questioned the fact that Husa admitting not submitting an action made them less likely to be scum, otherwise if they are solo scum who the f killed ppl, and if they are groupscum, their partner could've helped them take a night action.
Topic Starter
Sakura

Death wrote:

Sakura wrote:

It's a possibility that I mentioned more than once...
Yeah Great Idea Mafia makes it hard to predict anything. I went for it due to the ability to adapt to any player size and because GIF suggested it, but that might've been a mistake, I mean i expected to start with 9 players (which should be enough for most common open setups too), but one dropped at the start.
Topic Starter
Sakura
I really would like to NOT have to worry about how many ppl are gonna play so i can run any setup with a fixed ammount of players, but unfortunately as you can see, not only I got a player dropping out at the start, some players had trouble keeping up with posting once every 48 hours and one of them ended up getting prodded and replaced, heck, i was worried i wouldnt even find a replacement, thanks a lot for replacing in btw john.

But that shows that it's very hard to even get to 9p reliably, and with such uncertainty i dont want to host a game that may end up like this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/625397
Topic Starter
Sakura
Oh also

For the love of god, dont post in a game thread that is still in progress if you arent part of the game.
Penguin

Sakura wrote:

Post-Game analysis

Third, If you strongly believe there's 2 groupscum remaining, then you should've noticed that Penguin not getting insta QH'd meant he or Death was scum, and should've been an easy lynch there since Penguin never counter claimed Death (the only way he can 1v1 Death)
Yeah, I realized this and I almost claimed the doc/heal claim on John, but I decided not to hoping that no one would notice.

johnmedina999 wrote:

Penguin was good tho
:)

Westonini wrote:

abraker wrote:

at that point I have no idea why mafia hesitated. Prob waiting for critical point, but still. That was the most retarded vote
I was thinking that john was camping the thread waiting for the first vote on you, then he would unvote and everyone else vote the person who voted you. I was a little scared so that's why I waited to vote if craven did.

ty sakura for hosting!! was tons of fun!
Penguin

abraker wrote:

I bet penguin is waiting on craven to show up and vote. Penguin is always around posting in the Necro thread so there would be around an hour delay after craven if craven goes first. John has been posting more often there too, so it's a gamble if John will react fast enough to unvote.
you had this 100% right
Death
I was working so I couldn't reply "yes" to the post where john asked me if I wanted him to switch his vote to Penguin. Quite unfortunate.
abraker
If there will be another mafia game, I would aim for around May/June when school will be ending for most, and summer vacation starting.
johnmedina999

Death wrote:

I was working so I couldn't reply "yes" to the post where john asked me if I wanted him to switch his vote to Penguin. Quite unfortunate.
rip

I didn't notice the craven vote either. I would changed my vote if I did.
johnmedina999
would have*
johnmedina999

abraker in quicktopic wrote:

Either John thinks he is fast or completely overlooked it. I am willing to bet the latter.
:'(

Well, it was fun playing with you all. Thanks again for hosting, Sakura.
Topic Starter
Sakura
You're all learning, just use this as a learning experience