forum

Great Idea Mafia Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Death
Either that mafia voted to not kill anyone last night (which would be really stupid), or they tried to kill john... and failed.

By admitting that I'm most likely going to die tonight. But since I was probably going to be lynched today anyway, it's worth it. Also if the mafia lose that would be great too.
cravenfiner
oh, wait, nevermind i see why you didnt include john in that i understand now
Penguin

Death wrote:

My guess is Penguin is definitely one due to how willing he was to lynch Husa after I first proposed him. After that would be Craven, but I won't rule Westonini out.
Regarding the husa vote, I was already suspicious of his lack of posts, so that's why I wasn't hesitant to start up a vote for him. Getting a vote out for him got the ball rolling and we got more information out of it. Saving my vote would help less so because more votes = more panic = more info.

It's pretty clear that John is town now since husa was town. I'm 100% sure of that.
Westonini

Death wrote:

Either that mafia voted to not kill anyone last night (which would be really stupid), or they tried to kill john... and failed.

Ah. I was confused as to why no one died. I guess I should google the roles again.

As soon as I saw Husa's role, I thought it was all over.
Penguin
so if mafia did attack and fail last night, then John is confirmed and I'd be fairly certain that death is town as well because of his "hint-hint nudge-nudge". There's no reason for mafia to hold their attack, so I'm pretty sure that Death and John are confirmed. It's possible that Death wanted to quick claim Doctor before the real doc did because he knew that he attacked someone who was healed. No one else has claimed doc though, so he's most likely a safe town.
johnmedina999
Hold on.

How come everyone's assuming that I was the target?
This is more for learning, I only have one other game under my belt.
Penguin

johnmedina999 wrote:

Hold on.

My assumption was that Death healed you last night. That's what I interpreted from his post earlier. I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I guess I could be wrong?
Death

johnmedina999 wrote:

Hold on.

I know you are town due to my role. And I also know you were the target last night for the same reason (unless mafia didn't target anyone, which is unlikely as I said before).

Penguin is assuming you are town purely because Husa was as well. Or maybe it is because they targeted you last night, who knows.
cravenfiner
oh i was thinking john was bulletproof
Penguin

Death wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Hold on.

Penguin is assuming you are town purely because Husa was as well. Or maybe it is because they targeted you last night, who knows.
I'm assuming he's town both because of husa and because I believe that you're doc and that you healed him.
Westonini
So to clarify, you're hinting that you're a doctor right?

Then you chose to heal John because he was the only one not to vote Husa, who was revealed to be a townie?
Death
Something like that
Westonini
I was always curious, Penguin how come you always believed that I was a townie? I always thought that it may have been because you were an investigator or something, since you started saying it more often after the first night phase. But apparently that was Husa's role so..

Was it really just a read? It seems like there wasn't one time that you doubted my innocence.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

I was always curious, Penguin how come you always believed that I was a townie? I always thought that it may have been because you were an investigator or something, since you started saying it more often after the first night phase. But apparently that was Husa's role so..

Was it really just a read? It seems like there wasn't one time that you doubted my innocence.
It was a read for the most part. There were times where I doubted you being town though. I thought that you weren't mafia for the majority of yesterday because of the votes and how you had the chance to just end husa for a while (which you did end up doing abruptly). Seeing as how I believe Death and John to be town, it's pretty obvious you know that I suspect you and craven.

Your question here kinda seems like you're going to try and set me up for suspicion to be honest.
Westonini
Well assuming what we think happened during night really happened, that's really all we can do at this point. At the very least I was genuinely curious.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 3.1
[L-2]Penguin (1) - Death

Not voting (4) - cravenfiner, Westonini, johnmedina999, Penguin
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 23rd: 10:08 PM EST
johnmedina999
If Death really is a doctor, then that only leaves Westonini, cravenfinder, and Penguin. Craven is the least spoken here, so he's a prime suspect; that leaves only Penguin and Westonini. If Death isn't a doctor, then [/i]someone[/i] had to be.
johnmedina999
Also, why did you decide to hammer Husa, Westo? Is it because you knew he was Town, and you would have won if a Doctor hadn't interfered?
cravenfiner
maybe he was just taking a chance, its all we really can do here

and i cant really defend myself when it comes to me being a suspect since i usually dont talk much, in real life mafia or online
Westonini

johnmedina999 wrote:

Also, why did you decide to hammer Husa, Westo? Is it because you knew he was Town, and you would have won if a Doctor hadn't interfered?

There wasn't any big reasons. It didn't seem like anything was going to change any time soon and Husa never really gave any points that felt reassuring to me. I gave them a chance to explain themselves but I wasn't too satisfied by what they said. I had some feelings that Husa was suspicious and others that made me think they were innocent. So with little time before the day ended, I just decided to go with the vote.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 3.2
[L-2]Penguin (1) - Death

johnmedina999
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what to think anymore. You would think this late into the game there would be so much info that it would be 100% clear who is scum and who is not. But for some reason, I think it got harder to make that decision.
johnmedina999
Death is probably the guy who saved me, so I thank you for that.

Westonini has that hammer last in-game day which he explains is "I got bored". You don't just kill someone without hesitation like that. We still had some 12 hours before the deadline. But I digress.
Penguin gives me bad Mafia vibes but I don't have anything to back it up. He's trying really hard to come off as town, I think. But again, I have no dirt on him which would close the case.
cravenfinder has just not posted at all almost. idk. I want to suggest lynching him but if we fuck up one lynch from here on out we lose. He hasn't posted much and that's scummy but we saw last in-game day that this isn't always the case.

Again, I'm kind of at a crossroads here with no clear direction. I'm kind of freaking out right now >_<
Westonini

johnmedina999 wrote:

Westonini has that hammer last in-game day which he explains is "I got bored". You don't just kill someone without hesitation like that. We still had some 12 hours before the deadline. But I digress.

I mean I hesitated for days until I decided to actually vote for Husa. I was initially skeptical about the things they said. There were several things Husa said during the time that I waited, but regardless they still seemed the most suspicious to me out of everyone.
cravenfiner
just wanna correct a mistake ive been seeing with my name, it's cravenfiner, not cravenfinder
anyways
it might have to come down to who we think it is again since anything can be taken as suspicious and theres 3 suspects on the table
things arent looking that great for me since i havent posted much huh
johnmedina999

cravenfiner wrote:

just wanna correct a mistake ive been seeing with my name, it's cravenfiner, not cravenfinder
Oh, sorry about that, hehe. Didn't notice.

Westonini
me neither tbh

sorry.
Death
If penguin is mafia then abraker's read was pretty bad
Westonini
Are you talking about the one where he said "Ok got the reaction I wanted. Penguin is a safe town read"?

I'm honestly not sure what abraker's read back then was all about. I never bought that he was "drunk" and all his responses were so suspicious. I mean he ended up being a townie so maybe he actually was drunk? I mean it seemed like he just said that because he was trying to get Penguin off his back, but if that was the case the way he handled it really wasn't that great.
johnmedina999
https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6966360

This is the best I can find to solve this. He posted this around the same time as the fight (15-16 days ago) and he posted "blue moon belgian white" which are alcohol. So maybe he was drunk?
johnmedina999
Which means we can't trust abraker's read.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

I mean I hesitated for days until I decided to actually vote for Husa. I was initially skeptical about the things they said. There were several things Husa said during the time that I waited, but regardless they still seemed the most suspicious to me out of everyone.
That doesn't really mean much since it's a good play for mafia to do that anyways to come off as "indecisive" to act like town.

johnmedina999 wrote:

This is the best I can find to solve this. He posted this around the same time as the fight (15-16 days ago) and he posted "blue moon belgian white" which are alcohol. So maybe he was drunk?
To be fair, I can list off like 10-20 types of beer, it's not too difficult. I have no idea what abraker was thinking or what he was trying to do, so idk. In my opinion everything that abraker said is moot, especially since it was day 1 with no actual info besides reactions.
Penguin

johnmedina999 wrote:

Penguin gives me bad Mafia vibes but I don't have anything to back it up. He's trying really hard to come off as town, I think. But again, I have no dirt on him which would close the case.
I don't really get how explaining my thought process and my perspective is scummy.
cravenfiner

Westonini wrote:

I mean it seemed like he just said that because he was trying to get Penguin off his back, but if that was the case the way he handled it really wasn't that great.

I agree with westo here
johnmedina999
In what sense? You agree that abraker didn't handle it well? In that case, you would agree that abraker's read on Penguin isn't reliable.

Or do you agree that abraker was just being stupid?
cravenfiner
that abraker didnt handle it well
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 3.3
[L-2]Penguin (1) - Death

Westonini
I don't think anyone considered abraker's read to be accurate, even back then.
johnmedina999
What other leads do we have?
Westonini
Maybe we could get some questions that craven, Penguin, and I all need to answer. And then whoever seems the most suspicious out of us three gets the boot? I dunno.
show more