forum

Great Idea Mafia Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Husa

Death wrote:

It's hardly logical if both Husa and keremal are mafia. Conveniently throwing in this part:

keremal wrote:

Then again, Death and Husa might be exceptions/townies that're unintentionally trying to mislead people, and Death is actually a Normal Townie.
because he knows I'm a normal townie and he just wants to lob Husa in with me in order to save his fellow mafia.
how does keremal know that im a mafia? i was just not talkative enough to be voted for that lynch to get the game ongoing
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 2.4
[L-2] Husa (2) - Death, cravenfiner
cravenfiner (1) - Husa
Death (1) - Penguin

Not Voting (2) - Westonini, Keremal
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 16th 2019, 6:40 PM EST
Penguin

Husa wrote:

Death wrote:

It's hardly logical if both Husa and keremal are mafia. Conveniently throwing in this part:

keremal wrote:

Then again, Death and Husa might be exceptions/townies that're unintentionally trying to mislead people, and Death is actually a Normal Townie.
because he knows I'm a normal townie and he just wants to lob Husa in with me in order to save his fellow mafia.
how does keremal know that im a mafia? i was just not talkative enough to be voted for that lynch to get the game ongoing
In Death's theory, both you and Kere are mafia, so that's why he would know. The reason why you got voted was because you WEREN'T talking. A lot of the times new players who are mafia tend to be quiet so that's why we initially voted you.

After re-reading through everything I'm gonna change my vote again.

vote: Husa
Topic Starter
Sakura
keremal has been prodded, this is their 3rd prod, any future prods will result in immediate replacement
Is it too much to ask to post at least once every 48 hours?
Husa
YEA
Penguin

Sakura wrote:

Is it too much to ask to post at least once every 48 hours?
We'll be able to weed out the people enjoy playing this game and post often and the people who don't soon enough. It'll take a few games to find a good crew of people, but we'll get there.
cravenfiner
maybe? not really i think he just forgets, i did the first few days
Husa
mafiosos, one more vote and you'll be wiping out a townie, come out now!
Topic Starter
Sakura
Death has been prodded
Westonini

Husa wrote:

mafiosos, one more vote and you'll be wiping out a townie, come out now!

hmmm.. you're not really helping your case.

If nothing else happens I might just seal the deal and hope for the best.
Death
That's all you can ever really do.
Westonini
Everyone seemed to gun for Husa pretty quickly.. and no one is defending them in any way. I can't help but feel uneasy about this.

I feel like either 2/3 people voting Husa off is voting for Husa because they're mafia members and they know that Husa is a townie, or keremal is the other mafia member and they aren't defending Husa because defending Husa would make them seem like a mafia member (or maybe it's just because keremal doesn't really talk a lot in general).

I mean at this rate I'm planning on voting Husa tomorrow, but we just seemed to come to this conclusion so quickly that I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Everyone seemed to gun for Husa pretty quickly.. and no one is defending them in any way. I can't help but feel uneasy about this.

I feel like either 2/3 people voting Husa off is voting for Husa because they're mafia members and they know that Husa is a townie, or keremal is the other mafia member and they aren't defending Husa because defending Husa would make them seem like a mafia member (or maybe it's just because keremal doesn't really talk a lot in general).

I mean at this rate I'm planning on voting Husa tomorrow, but we just seemed to come to this conclusion so quickly that I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
Well, with my theory, it's either husa/kere or death/craven. So it's entirely possible that we're lynching a townie right now. I just really don't know though. There's not much info to go off of.
Death

Westonini wrote:

...I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
That's just kind of how mafia goes. There is not much to go off of the first day or so, so you kind of have to take the little that you have and go off of it. Usually it is much better when there are a significantly more people playing. It's also easier to come to conclusions if you play the game IRL, easier to judge people that way.
Topic Starter
Sakura
keremal has failed to pick up their prod and will be replaced
They still got time to post until a replacement is found.
Topic Starter
Sakura
johnmedina999 replaces keremal effective immediately
Vote Count 2.5
[L-1] Husa (3) - Death, cravenfiner, Penguin
cravenfiner (1) - Husa

Not Voting (2) - Westonini, johnmedina999
cravenfiner
hi john
johnmedina999

cravenfiner wrote:

hi john
Hey guys! Give me a sec, I'll make a more formal post right now.

Also sorry kere, there's always next time.
johnmedina999
I know many people see Westonini as a solid town read, but I would like to point out that three times in this game he announced his willingness to vote on whomstever is currently under heat.

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6965548 (willingness to vote for abraker when he was being questioned)
https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973062, https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973063 (willingness to vote for anyone)
https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6976475 (willingness to vote for Husa)

It also doesn't help that he hasn't contributed much to the witchhunt, he just kinda goes with the flow.
It's common among newbie scum to look for an excuse to vote for someone else as soon as possible, and as far as I can tell, this is his first game (due to https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6962555 and also I can't find much on Google). Please explain yourself, Westonini.

Vote: Westonini
Penguin
If westo was mafia, he would have already voted Husa if Husa was town. Which means that it would have to be Westo / Husa as mafia instead of Husa / John. I see what you're saying and it does seem like Westo is a little apprehensive to vote Husa and will only team vote to seem innocent if necessary. But at the same time, YOU could possibly be trying to throw shade over towards Westo since you know that your teammate is on the chopping block right now.

This turn of events leads me to believe that it's either Husa/John or Husa/Westo now. Either way, I still think that Husa is a solid lynch.

I would like to hear more from Westo though.
Husa
do you want to hear more from me? if i can be saved, id do anything(?)
Husa
also welcome john
Husa

Husa wrote:

do you want to hear more from me? if i can be saved, id do anything(?)
nevermind, i need to get more info if anyuthing but this is a high iq game
Westonini
Huh. Nice, this is getting interesting. Alright then let's see what we got here.

johnmedina999 wrote:

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6965548 (willingness to vote for abraker when he was being questioned)

In abraker's case, there were several things that he had said that made him seem suspicious. The main two points against him were:
1.) When under fire by Penguin, in order to dismiss everything said and play it off he simply replied with

abraker wrote:

Ok got the reaction I wanted
Penguin is a safe town read

2.) Which then led to him claiming he didnt realize Penguin voted for him because he was "drunk".

abraker wrote:

Main reason is because Penguin did not vote me after all that and remained on Husa. Give mafia a reason to vote someone and they will take it, and that will be their excuse when the lynched does turn town.

abraker wrote:

Oh wait he did. I'll reply again when I have the beer out of my system :\

Anyone would have found this suspicious. However, I was hesitant and never actually voted for him. Then the day ended with a No-Lynch.

johnmedina999 wrote:

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973062, https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973063 (willingness to vote for anyone)

This is a simple one. I agreed with Penguin when he said:

Penguin wrote:

we gotta be proactive and vote someone or else we're just gonna be sitting here twiddling our thumbs and doing nothing while mafia runs the game.

We needed something to happen in order to get any sort of info we could. A good way to get things going would be to vote someone and put them under pressure. But I never actually voted anyone that time either. Things happened without me having to vote anyone.

johnmedina999 wrote:

As for this time, while I did claim I would vote Husa I was also pretty hesitant on it as well. I announced that I would be voting Husa soon in order to force them to say something for their case since we haven't really heard anything in their defense. If I voted for Husa that would be it for them, we'd have 4/4 votes needed to lynch. If that's really what I wanted I could have just voted for them right then and there. But I was apprehensive because if we mess up and accidentally vote off a townie, we'd lose the game. 4vs2 -> Lynch Townie 3vs2 -> Night Phase 2vs2 -> fulfills mafia wn requirements.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It also doesn't help that he hasn't contributed much to the witchhunt, he just kinda goes with the flow.
It's common among newbie scum to look for an excuse to vote for someone else as soon as possible, and as far as I can tell, this is his first game (due to https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6962555 and also I can't find much on Google)

While it's true that I said I'd go with the flow, I've only actually done that to an extent. I don't want others to control my votes and I aim to sway the conversation if there's something that needs to be brought up. Such as letting Husa have a chance to defend themselves for example. I normally try to take a neutral side between people instead of being biased towards one person. If anyone says something suspicious, I will question them on it. The times I announced to everyone I'd be voting abraker and Husa soon was only to give them an incentive to defend themselves.

Also yes, I stated in the Set-up Mafia thread that this is my first time playing. I've played similar games in the past, but nothing like this.

If I was a mafia member, don't you think I would have voted someone at least once already in hopes of getting a townie lynched? The only vote I've ever made thus far was "No-Lynch".
johnmedina999

Penguin wrote:

If westo was mafia, he would have already voted Husa if Husa was town. Which means that it would have to be Westo / Husa as mafia instead of Husa / John.
Here are the possibilities, as I see them:
  1. Both Westo and Husa are scum. This means that the reason Westo is hesitant is because he doesn't want to kill a fellow Mafia member, despite what he says about feeling guilty of lynching a "fellow townie".
  2. Westo is scum and Husa is town. This is unlikely because he would have already won the game. One town Lynch and one nightkill = win for Mafia. On a side note, we can infer that everyone not voting for Husa as of this minute is town, because if not, the other Mafia member would have hammered him by now. Unless Husa is Mafia himself. If so, then I can't make a conclusion as affirmative as that.
  3. Westo is town. It doesn't matter whether Husa is scum of not because he can't know for sure. This would explain his hesitance.
If Husa is town, the first and second condition only leave the third: because Westo isn't voting for Husa I can infer that he is town. That only leaves Death, cravenfinder, and Penguin.
However, if Husa isn't, then I can't say anything for certain. I also can't say if Husa is town or not, since he barely even talks. Anyone could be his partner.

Penguin wrote:

But at the same time, YOU could possibly be trying to throw shade over towards Westo since you know that your teammate is on the chopping block right now.
Assuming Husa is town, I can't be scum, see above logic. If he is, I can't be his partner either. Keremal expressly stated in his last post that he would hammer Husa if it came down to it. I can't really give more evidence due to Kere not talking much, but he's relatively new, and was most likely being honest when saying that.

These are my reads coming into the game.

Westonini wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

In abraker's case, there were several things that he had said that made him seem suspicious. The main two points against him were:

1.) When under fire by Penguin, in order to dismiss everything said and play it off he simply replied with

abraker wrote:

Ok got the reaction I wanted

Penguin is a safe town read
2.) Which then led to him claiming he didnt realize Penguin voted for him because he was "drunk".

abraker wrote:

Main reason is because Penguin did not vote me after all that and remained on Husa. Give mafia a reason to vote someone and they will take it, and that will be their excuse when the lynched does turn town.

abraker wrote:

Oh wait he did. I'll reply again when I have the beer out of my system :\

Anyone would have found this suspicious. However, I was hesitant and never actually voted for him. Then the day ended with a No-Lynch.

Your logic checks out. However, you contradict yourself because you really didn't contribute to that one-on-one fight, and yet you let Penguin disctate your opinion.

Westonini]"[quote="johnmedina999 wrote:

This is a simple one. I agreed with Penguin when he said:

Penguin wrote:

we gotta be proactive and vote someone or else we're just gonna be sitting here twiddling our thumbs and doing nothing while mafia runs the game.

We needed something to happen in order to get any sort of info we could. A good way to get things going would be to vote someone and put them under pressure. But I never actually voted anyone that time either. Things happened without me having to vote anyone.This was kind of a weak accusation from me, I didn't have much to base it on. I'll give you a pass on this one.

Westonini wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

As for this time, while I did claim I would vote Husa I was also pretty hesitant on it as well. I announced that I would be voting Husa soon in order to force them to say something for their case since we haven't really heard anything in their defense. If I voted for Husa that would be it for them, we'd have 4/4 votes needed to lynch. If that's really what I wanted I could have just voted for them right then and there. But I was apprehensive because if we mess up and accidentally vote off a townie, we'd lose the game. 4vs2 -> Lynch Townie 3vs2 -> Night Phase 2vs2 -> fulfills mafia wn requirements.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It's common among newbie scum to look for an excuse to vote for someone else as soon as possible, and as far as I can tell, this is his first game (due to https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6962555 and also I can't find much on Google)

While it's true that I said I'd go with the flow, I've only actually done that to an extent. I don't want others to control my votes and I aim to sway the conversation if there's something that needs to be brought up. Such as letting Husa have a chance to defend themselves for example. I normally try to take a neutral side between people instead of being biased towards one person. If anyone says something suspicious, I will question them on it. The times I announced to everyone I'd be voting abraker and Husa soon was only to give them an incentive to defend themselves.[/quote]

It's your neutrality that doesn't sit right with me. It seems to me that you're not taking anyone's side, you're trying not to offend anyone, and therefore you won't get accused of being Mafia, and you can pick people off at night.

[quote="Westonini]"If I was a mafia member, don't you think I would have voted someone at least once already in hopes of getting a townie lynched? The only vote I've ever made thus far was "No-Lynch".[/quote]
This is the part that troubles me as well, for above reasons. I don't know what to think about it yet.
johnmedina999
Oh God, RIP formatting.
Topic Starter
Sakura
48 hours remaining
Penguin

johnmedina999 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

If westo was mafia, he would have already voted Husa if Husa was town. Which means that it would have to be Westo / Husa as mafia instead of Husa / John.
Here are the possibilities, as I see them:
  1. Both Westo and Husa are scum. This means that the reason Westo is hesitant is because he doesn't want to kill a fellow Mafia member, despite what he says about feeling guilty of lynching a "fellow townie".
  2. Westo is scum and Husa is town. This is unlikely because he would have already won the game. One town Lynch and one nightkill = win for Mafia. On a side note, we can infer that everyone not voting for Husa as of this minute is town, because if not, the other Mafia member would have hammered him by now. Unless Husa is Mafia himself. If so, then I can't make a conclusion as affirmative as that.
  3. Westo is town. It doesn't matter whether Husa is scum of not because he can't know for sure. This would explain his hesitance.
If Husa is town, the first and second condition only leave the third: because Westo isn't voting for Husa I can infer that he is town. That only leaves Death, cravenfinder, and Penguin.
However, if Husa isn't, then I can't say anything for certain. I also can't say if Husa is town or not, since he barely even talks. Anyone could be his partner.

Penguin wrote:

But at the same time, YOU could possibly be trying to throw shade over towards Westo since you know that your teammate is on the chopping block right now.
Assuming Husa is town, I can't be scum, see above logic. If he is, I can't be his partner either. Keremal expressly stated in his last post that he would hammer Husa if it came down to it. I can't really give more evidence due to Kere not talking much, but he's relatively new, and was most likely being honest when saying that.
I don't understand how you can't be scum if Husa is or isn't mafia. Kere saying that he would vote husa if it came down to it could also just be to save his ass. Similar to the same situation with Westo if he is mafia.

But anyways..

From my point of view, it's either Husa/Westo, Husa/John, or Death/craven. I know that one of these are 100% correct since I know that I'm town 100% and by looking at the voting patterns. I understand that you guys can't be positive of me being town, but let's just assume some stuff real quick.

From John's point of view (including the assumption of my innocence), the main possibilities are Husa/Westo, and Death/craven, correct?. Now, this is assuming that both John and I are town. So if BOTH John and I are town, it has to be one of those two combos. Unless there are some crazy mind games with the voting, but I don't think that's happening.

Now if we look at Westo's point of view assuming John and I are town, then the only possibility would be Death/craven, right?

This is all from assuming 3 peoples innocence, which is a little risky. I've had a town read on Westo pretty much this entire game, so I'm confident in him being town. That leaves my point of view to either husa/john or death/craven.

So from my point of view, if John is innocent it HAS to be Death/craven. The only thing is, Husa has been really sketchy, so it's hard to assume John's innocence. I don't know how Husa plays though, so I can't even really say that it's exactly sketchy when it might just be him being normal.
Westonini

johnmedina999 wrote:

It's your neutrality that doesn't sit right with me. It seems to me that you're not taking anyone's side, you're trying not to offend anyone, and therefore you won't get accused of being Mafia, and you can pick people off at night.

I understand your viewpoint. But the truth is that since I have no hard evidence on anyone's roles, I'm still skeptical of everyone. So I'll only take a side when I agree with what a side is saying or if there's no other options left.
Death

johnmedina999 wrote:

Keremal expressly stated in his last post that he would hammer Husa if it came down to it.
He did not even come close to expressly stating this. At most he mentioned the very slight possibility that Husa is mafia for a single sentence in his last post, and then immediately proceeded to list the other possibility that he wasn't. And he also grouped me into the same Normal Townie group... I have already stated my opinion on that.

I'm sticking with my original theory that Husa/keremal were mafia, and as such, now Husa/john are mafia. I think john's most recent posts are a desperate attempt to dig himself out of the hole that keremal left for him. Would have been a better strategy to just vote Husa and then absolve yourself of all guilt. I bet you could have fooled everyone with that too.
johnmedina999
@Penguin
Hold on there. You can't leave yourself out of the polling. You can easily say that you're 100% town, but you can't prove it; no one can.

It seems like you're projecting the fact that you're town. If you were really town, you wouldn't have to yell it out to the world. You repeated the fact that you're town like three times. As you pointed out, we can't make that assumption. Stop acting scummy.
johnmedina999

Death wrote:

I think john's most recent posts are a desperate attempt to dig himself out of the hole that keremal left for him.
Kere didn't leave me in any "hole". He barely even posted. My posts so far in chronological order are as follows:
  1. Hello
  2. Pressure on Westo in order to get attention
  3. My reads so far + my response to Westo's post
  4. lol post
  5. Accusation of Penguin
None of that is "getting out of a hole". I've only been slapping a hornet's nest and seeing if any hornets come out.

By the way, you need to post more.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 2.6
[L-1] Husa (3) - Death, cravenfiner, Penguin
cravenfiner (1) - Husa
Westonini (1) - johnmedina999

Not Voting (1) - Westonini
johnmedina999
*get attention -> get information
Westonini
@Sakura

You misspelled john's name in a few places.

"jhonmedina999"

Just thought I'd point it out.
Death

johnmedina999 wrote:

Kere didn't leave me in any "hole". He barely even posted.
That's the hole.
Penguin

johnmedina999 wrote:

@Penguin
Hold on there. You can't leave yourself out of the polling. You can easily say that you're 100% town, but you can't prove it; no one can.

It seems like you're projecting the fact that you're town. If you were really town, you wouldn't have to yell it out to the world. You repeated the fact that you're town like three times. As you pointed out, we can't make that assumption. Stop acting scummy.
First of all, I stated at the beginning that I was making assumptions from MY viewpoint. Obviously, I'm going to leave myself out of the polling when I was showing my perspective.

Second of all, I only stated that I was town once. The other times I said I was town (I also included you in the town assumption, not just me) was to provide context for the assumptions/theories I was putting out there.

I would not be able to make that post without first providing the context of assuming I'm town.

Just a side note, you're wrong in saying that no one can prove that I'm town. There are plenty of town investigative roles that can confirm the innocence of a town member. I don't think that we have one currently, but nonetheless, it's possible.
Topic Starter
Sakura

Westonini wrote:

@Sakura

You misspelled john's name in a few places.

"jhonmedina999"

Just thought I'd point it out.
Thanks, fixeded
Husa

Penguin wrote:

So from my point of view, if John is innocent it HAS to be Death/craven. The only thing is, Husa has been really sketchy, so it's hard to assume John's innocence. I don't know how Husa plays though, so I can't even really say that it's exactly sketchy when it might just be him being normal.
youre correct. this is my first game that i dont know much about until now, ive read about what my role can do and i regret that i didnt take any action the first day.

its ok for me to get lynched (because i barely have the time to be here) but id feel really bad for not saying anything up until now or read about what the games is all like about. hope the day wont end after my elimination, if the vote runs like: the most voted would get lynched until the deadline. or iirc if id get the 4th vote ?
--------------

after rereading through a little in day 1 id say penguin could be suspicious. mostly because penguin did a "friendly" vote straight up to me, that could have been the intention to make a random vote chain on me, OR, because he brought the game to me and would like to see how i would react(?) but then theres the townie lover abraker who said penguin was a clear town read or something. I dont have much info to give, it might be outdated, my brain is so small and i might have missed something or interperrrkekrjtered it wrong. theres also craven trying to give us a "reminder" when sakura is there to warn us about the deadline

ill unvote for now and see what happens next
Penguin

Husa wrote:

after rereading through a little in day 1 id say penguin could be suspicious. mostly because penguin did a "friendly" vote straight up to me, that could have been the intention to make a random vote chain on me,
I don't get why you guys are calling it a "friendly vote". It was just an RVS vote, which means Random Voting Stage. It meant nothing.
show more