forum

Great Idea Mafia Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
keremaru

Penguin wrote:

I don't really have a read on anyone since no one is talking this game, that's the problem. I'm slightly sus of Death, but nothing substantial. Husa has posted like 2 times.

Death is fairly sus, since he's only been pointing fingers and not really providing much support in trying to figure out who's what, so he might be Godfather, however contradictory that statement is. Simply voting for someone doesn't make you innocent. However, Husa might be a mafioso, seeing as he rarely talks in this game, which would provide a real nuisance to Death, in the event that he's actually planning something. Again, contradictive of me, I know- But it's pretty plausible for someone who doesn't like the fact that a fellow mafioso isn't helping them keep their cover up do a friendly-fire vote. Then again, Death and Husa might be exceptions/townies that're unintentionally trying to mislead people, and Death is actually a Normal Townie.

Westonini appears to be legitimate, maybe an Investigator ploy even. But his eagerness to vote someone off to get the show started raises a small, but still distinct, red flag immediately. Probably a Vigilante, to be real.

However, I have to consider the fact that I'm going out on a limb, if not slanted towards one particular outcome, and so I won't define my vote as anything until damn well sufficient evidence is provided or theorized. If anything, I'll help push the boot to Husa in the event that nobody could figure something out.
Husa
are you serious???? :|

i dont quite get the game tbh. what happens if the lynched is a townie?
Husa

cravenfiner wrote:

we have 6 more days to think of someone logical to vote, so at least we have that
thats risky, wouldnt day 1 repeat over and over again?

Vote: cravenfiner
Westonini

Husa wrote:

are you serious???? :|

i dont quite get the game tbh. what happens if the lynched is a townie?

Exactly what you'd expect. They're eliminated, regardless of if they were innocent or not. Goes without saying that it would be disadvantageous for the townies as a result of an incorrect accusation.

If you claim you don't understand some aspects of the game, it's obviously pretty important that you should ask about it or search it up. Otherwise you really only have yourself to blame. In my eyes this is just a bit suspicious. I got the feeling as if you're acting confused and harmless to make people think you're less of a threat. But at the same time you may genuinely just be confused so who knows.

Things seem to be moving along so I'll save my vote for a couple more days perhaps.
Husa

Westonini wrote:

Exactly what you'd expect. They're eliminated, regardless of if they were innocent or not. Goes without saying that it would be disadvantageous for the townies as a result of an incorrect accusation.
would at least hoped that the first one who voted for me get lynched aswell if i were innocent. =/

as well as the 2nd lyncher :eyes:
cravenfiner

Husa wrote:

cravenfiner wrote:

we have 6 more days to think of someone logical to vote, so at least we have that

no, since we have less people now because abraker and guy in freezer is dead there’s less people to contemplate about

Vote: Husa
kinda sus to vote me just for giving a reminder..
Husa
who thje hell isnt suspicious at this point? i dont know,

cravenfiner wrote:

kinda sus to vote me just for giving a reminder..
i find it a scheme of yours, going no lynch on day and then kill people off 1 by 1 at night
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 2.3
[L-1] Husa (3) - Death, Penguin, cravenfiner
cravenfiner (1) - Husa

Not Voting (2) - Westonini, Keremal
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 16th 2019, 6:40 PM EST
Penguin

keremal wrote:

Death is fairly sus, since he's only been pointing fingers and not really providing much support in trying to figure out who's what, so he might be Godfather, however contradictory that statement is. Simply voting for someone doesn't make you innocent. However, Husa might be a mafioso, seeing as he rarely talks in this game, which would provide a real nuisance to Death, in the event that he's actually planning something.
It's possible that they're both mafia, but at the same time, Death hasn't really talked much either, so I don't see the "nuisance" aspect being likely.

keremal wrote:

Westonini appears to be legitimate, maybe an Investigator ploy even. But his eagerness to vote someone off to get the show started raises a small, but still distinct, red flag immediately. Probably a Vigilante, to be real.
To be 100% fair, I'm the one who brought up the fact that town needs to lynch someone today. Westo is a solid town read in my eyes though.

Husa wrote:

cravenfiner wrote:

Vote: cravenfiner
craven meant 6 days as in real life days, not game days. He didn't mean that we shouldn't lynch someone.

So far by looking at the vote count and reading peoples reactions, I can boil down the teams to this.

If husa IS mafia, then either keremal or Westo are his mafia buddy since they aren't voting for him. Kere did put a little bit of suspicion on Death, so it would be most likely that kere is his buddy, especially since Westo is a solid town read.

If husa ISN'T mafia, then Death and craven are most likely mafia. So I can almost GUARANTEE that either Husa and keremal are mafia OR Death and craven are mafia.

to be honest, I'm kind of leaning towards the Death/craven theory, since Death already seems suspicious in my opinion and kere seems to be thinking logically about everything.

change vote: Death
Penguin
also, just a reminder "Last edited by cravenfiner on about 2 hours ago, edited 1 time in total."

editing isn't allowed, even if it's to fix small things like typos
cravenfiner
oops i forgot about that rule, sorry

you forgot to put yourself in your reasoning though, but you seem to be going with a logical approach like what keremal did and everything can be taken the wrong way in this so i dont want to assume anything right now unless something stands out enough
lets not forget Death is part of the support team so he's probably busy so he cant say much, but as keremal said, he doesnt provide much backing to votes
i cant really say anything to defend myself since ive been pretty quiet this game also
Topic Starter
Sakura

Penguin wrote:

also, just a reminder "Last edited by cravenfiner on about 2 hours ago, edited 1 time in total."

editing isn't allowed, even if it's to fix small things like typos
This is correct
cravenfiner please do not edit your own posts, even if it's to correct a tiny mistake, just make a new post with the correction, this is your first warning.
Death
It's hardly logical if both Husa and keremal are mafia. Conveniently throwing in this part:

keremal wrote:

Then again, Death and Husa might be exceptions/townies that're unintentionally trying to mislead people, and Death is actually a Normal Townie.
because he knows I'm a normal townie and he just wants to lob Husa in with me in order to save his fellow mafia.
Penguin

Death wrote:

It's hardly logical if both Husa and keremal are mafia. Conveniently throwing in this part:

keremal wrote:

Then again, Death and Husa might be exceptions/townies that're unintentionally trying to mislead people, and Death is actually a Normal Townie.
because he knows I'm a normal townie and he just wants to lob Husa in with me in order to save his fellow mafia.
I'm confused, are you saying that husa and kere are mafia or aren't mafia?
Death
are
Penguin

cravenfiner wrote:

you forgot to put yourself in your reasoning though, but you seem to be going with a logical approach like what keremal did and everything can be taken the wrong way in this so i dont want to assume anything right now unless something stands out enough
Yeah, but I know for a fact that I'm not mafia. I understand that you guys don't know that I'm 100% town unless you have some sort of info, but my opinions are from my perspective with all of the information that I have.

cravenfiner wrote:

lets not forget Death is part of the support team so he's probably busy so he cant say much, but as keremal said, he doesnt provide much backing to votes
I mean, I'm not part of the support team so I can't really say much on that topic, but I doubt it takes up 100% of his time.

Death wrote:

keremal wrote:

That does make sense, which is why I mentioned the husa/keremal theory in the first place. I don't know, I feel like I'm a little apprehensive with lynching husa cause I'd feel really bad if he were innocent and is really just confused after all. But at the same time, I'd feel very stupid if he's just taking advantage of that. It's almost a 50/50 chance in my opinion since we don't have much info.

The only info we really have is voting patterns.
Westonini
Well let's just hope we don't fuck up this lynch. Assuming its 4vs2 right now, if we lynch a townie by accident and then another dies during the night phase, we lose. The next day it'd turn into a 2vs2 which fulfills the mafia win requirement of having control of at least half of the votes.

This lynch may be the deciding factor of this game.
Westonini
Also yeah I just realized that that win requirement confirms it's not possible for there to be 3 mafia members because then they'd already have won. So to restate what Penguin said, its most likely 4vs2 but it's technically possible to be 3vs1vs2 I suppose.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Also yeah I just realized that that win requirement confirms it's not possible for there to be 3 mafia members because then they'd already have won. So to restate what Penguin said, its most likely 4vs2 but it's technically possible to be 3vs1vs2 I suppose.
I don't think that it's 3v2v1 anymore due to the voting patterns
Husa

Death wrote:

keremal wrote:

how does keremal know that im a mafia? i was just not talkative enough to be voted for that lynch to get the game ongoing
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 2.4
[L-2] Husa (2) - Death, cravenfiner
cravenfiner (1) - Husa
Death (1) - Penguin

Not Voting (2) - Westonini, Keremal
Penguin

Husa wrote:

Death wrote:

keremal wrote:

how does keremal know that im a mafia? i was just not talkative enough to be voted for that lynch to get the game ongoing
In Death's theory, both you and Kere are mafia, so that's why he would know. The reason why you got voted was because you WEREN'T talking. A lot of the times new players who are mafia tend to be quiet so that's why we initially voted you.

After re-reading through everything I'm gonna change my vote again.

vote: Husa
Topic Starter
Sakura
keremal has been prodded, this is their 3rd prod, any future prods will result in immediate replacement
Is it too much to ask to post at least once every 48 hours?
Husa
YEA
Penguin

Sakura wrote:

Is it too much to ask to post at least once every 48 hours?
We'll be able to weed out the people enjoy playing this game and post often and the people who don't soon enough. It'll take a few games to find a good crew of people, but we'll get there.
cravenfiner
maybe? not really i think he just forgets, i did the first few days
Husa
mafiosos, one more vote and you'll be wiping out a townie, come out now!
Topic Starter
Sakura
Death has been prodded
Westonini

Husa wrote:

mafiosos, one more vote and you'll be wiping out a townie, come out now!

hmmm.. you're not really helping your case.

If nothing else happens I might just seal the deal and hope for the best.
Death
That's all you can ever really do.
Westonini
Everyone seemed to gun for Husa pretty quickly.. and no one is defending them in any way. I can't help but feel uneasy about this.

I feel like either 2/3 people voting Husa off is voting for Husa because they're mafia members and they know that Husa is a townie, or keremal is the other mafia member and they aren't defending Husa because defending Husa would make them seem like a mafia member (or maybe it's just because keremal doesn't really talk a lot in general).

I mean at this rate I'm planning on voting Husa tomorrow, but we just seemed to come to this conclusion so quickly that I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Everyone seemed to gun for Husa pretty quickly.. and no one is defending them in any way. I can't help but feel uneasy about this.

I feel like either 2/3 people voting Husa off is voting for Husa because they're mafia members and they know that Husa is a townie, or keremal is the other mafia member and they aren't defending Husa because defending Husa would make them seem like a mafia member (or maybe it's just because keremal doesn't really talk a lot in general).

I mean at this rate I'm planning on voting Husa tomorrow, but we just seemed to come to this conclusion so quickly that I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
Well, with my theory, it's either husa/kere or death/craven. So it's entirely possible that we're lynching a townie right now. I just really don't know though. There's not much info to go off of.
Death

Westonini wrote:

...I can't help but feel like the voting is suspiciously happening a bit too easily.
That's just kind of how mafia goes. There is not much to go off of the first day or so, so you kind of have to take the little that you have and go off of it. Usually it is much better when there are a significantly more people playing. It's also easier to come to conclusions if you play the game IRL, easier to judge people that way.
Topic Starter
Sakura
keremal has failed to pick up their prod and will be replaced
They still got time to post until a replacement is found.
Topic Starter
Sakura
johnmedina999 replaces keremal effective immediately
Vote Count 2.5
[L-1] Husa (3) - Death, cravenfiner, Penguin
cravenfiner (1) - Husa

Not Voting (2) - Westonini, johnmedina999
cravenfiner
hi john
johnmedina999

cravenfiner wrote:

hi john
Hey guys! Give me a sec, I'll make a more formal post right now.

Also sorry kere, there's always next time.
johnmedina999
I know many people see Westonini as a solid town read, but I would like to point out that three times in this game he announced his willingness to vote on whomstever is currently under heat.

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6965548 (willingness to vote for abraker when he was being questioned)
https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973062, https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6973063 (willingness to vote for anyone)
https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6976475 (willingness to vote for Husa)

It also doesn't help that he hasn't contributed much to the witchhunt, he just kinda goes with the flow.
It's common among newbie scum to look for an excuse to vote for someone else as soon as possible, and as far as I can tell, this is his first game (due to https://old.ppy.sh/forum/p/6962555 and also I can't find much on Google). Please explain yourself, Westonini.

Vote: Westonini
Penguin
If westo was mafia, he would have already voted Husa if Husa was town. Which means that it would have to be Westo / Husa as mafia instead of Husa / John. I see what you're saying and it does seem like Westo is a little apprehensive to vote Husa and will only team vote to seem innocent if necessary. But at the same time, YOU could possibly be trying to throw shade over towards Westo since you know that your teammate is on the chopping block right now.

This turn of events leads me to believe that it's either Husa/John or Husa/Westo now. Either way, I still think that Husa is a solid lynch.

I would like to hear more from Westo though.
Husa
do you want to hear more from me? if i can be saved, id do anything(?)
show more