forum

Great Idea Mafia Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

I'm trying to google those roles.

"Lovers are players who are linked to each other. If one Lover dies, the Lover(s) linked to it dies simultaneously."

"Alien One-Shot Psychomagnet (all night actions are redirected to the target)"

I'm assuming these are correct.
yeah, there's not really a good source of the role descriptions I can find, but I think that's correct? I don't know if that means that there is two aliens though
Westonini
So if one lover dies, the other also dies.

So since abraker was a town lover and he died, that means GuyInFreezer was his lover? In that case "Town Lover" means that the person was a Townie but could still love someone of a different role.

So the mafia killed either abraker or GIF, causing the other to die as well?
Penguin
nvm, I found it

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Greater_Idea_Mafia/RolePMs#Alien

So aliens can kill one person per game, which means that GIF killed abraker and mafia killed GIF if I'm not mistaken.

Unless there's another neutral killing. Then it just gets really confusing.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

So if one lover dies, the other also dies.

So since abraker was a town lover and he died, that means GuyInFreezer was his lover? In that case "Town Lover" means that the person was a Townie but could still love someone of a different role.

So the mafia killed either abraker or GIF, causing the other to die as well?
no, GIF's role would have said he was a lover, plus I don't think lovers can be cross parties.
Westonini
but abraker died, meaning his lover also needs to die right? and the only other person who died was GIF.
Penguin
Just because there's a lover in the game, doesn't mean that there is a second one
Westonini
"Lovers are players who are linked to each other. If one Lover dies, the Lover(s) linked to it dies simultaneously."
Penguin
I think I'm wrong about the cross party lovers, but still, GIF's role would have said that he was a lover.
Penguin
"If there are other Lovers in the game, you will form a Lover bond with them. All Lovers will die at the same time."

Keyword is "IF"
Westonini
Hmm, ok. So it was a one-way thing meaning abraker was the only lover?
cravenfiner
maybe lover role doesnt have to have another to exist, its just a random chance for someone else to get it
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Hmm, ok. So it was a one-way thing meaning abraker was the only lover?

cravenfiner wrote:

maybe lover role doesnt have to have another to exist, its just a random chance for someone else to get it
yes and yes
Westonini

Penguin wrote:

I think I'm wrong about the cross party lovers, but still, GIF's role would have said that he was a lover.

Yeah, "However, sometimes, one lover is otherwise a vanilla townie, while the other is a mafia goon."

And I do agree that GIF's role most likely would have said lover. But it would seem odd for there to be only one lover in a game. Maybe that's just because of my lack of experience though.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Yeah, "However, sometimes, one lover is otherwise a vanilla townie, while the other is a mafia goon."

And I do agree that GIF's role most likely would have said lover. But it would seem odd for there to be only one lover in a game. Maybe that's just because of my lack of experience though.
If you look at the list, there are only 7 Lover roles, so having two of them is highly unlikely when there are 146 roles.
Westonini
It's just that most sources I'm seeing seem to mention it being a two-way thing, with them being a connected pair.
Westonini
But I guess the only way it would make sense here is if there was only one lover.
Penguin

Penguin wrote:

"If there are other Lovers in the game, you will form a Lover bond with them. All Lovers will die at the same time."

Keyword is "IF"
I don't know how else to explain it. It's only a two-way thing if there are two lovers.
Westonini
Yeah, I guess we'll just go with that since it makes the most sense here.

So GIF's Psychomagnet ability allows him to direct all actions at a single person. But seeing as he died, he probably didn't use the ability and just regularly killed abraker, then the mafia killed GIF.
cravenfiner
makes sense
Westonini
So if it was originally 5vs1vs2, it's now 4vs2. Or at least that's what seems most likely. But I suppose it's also still possible for there to be another neutral or mafia.
Topic Starter
Sakura
If only a single Lover exists, they are essentially a "Named Towie" work as a VT with a different role name. This only happens in idea games where it's possible less than 2 ppl pick or get lovers as a role. Additionally Lovers works as the Mason version for Werewolves, Lovers cannot be Werewolves

Vote Count 2.1
Not Voting (6) - Penguin, Husa, cravenfiner, Westonini, Keremal, Death
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 16th 2019, 6:40 PM EST
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

So GIF's Psychomagnet ability allows him to direct all actions at a single person. But seeing as he died, he probably didn't use the ability and just regularly killed abraker, then the mafia killed GIF.
Yeah, that was my theory as well. The only way that this could be incorrect is if there is another neutral killing. I still think that abraker's theory of 5 town, 2 maf, and 1 neutral makes the most sense. It could also have been 4 town, 2 maf, and 2 aliens though. In that case it would be 3v2v1 right now.

so pretty much, it's either 4v2 or 3v2v1.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

So if it was originally 5vs1vs2, it's now 4vs2. Or at least that's what seems most likely. But I suppose it's also still possible for there to be another neutral or mafia.
I highly doubt there is 3 mafia. That would just be unfair.
Westonini
poor abraker with his unrequited love.
Westonini
Death seemed to really jump-the-gun there with his accusation at Penguin.

That's not to say Penguin couldn't have killed abraker and just planned to tell everyone "That would be stupid of me to do that if I was mafia." But in this case it seems most likely that GIF was the one that killed abraker, not a mafia member.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

Death seemed to really jump-the-gun there with his accusation at Penguin.

That's not to say Penguin couldn't have killed abraker and just planned to tell everyone "That would be stupid of me to do that if I was mafia." But in this case it seems most likely that GIF was the one that killed abraker, not a mafia member.
I'm pretty sure that it was GIF's plan to kill abraker then frame me, but I can't tell if Death just fell for it or if he was trying to frame me as well.
Death
That's exactly what a guilty person would say.
Westonini
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Death wasn't being serious. At the beginning of Day 1 he said

Death wrote:

Clearly it's Penguin's intention to eliminate everyone as fast as possible.

Vote: Penguin

Which was almost certainly a joke. So

Death wrote:

Should have voted for Penguin.

Was probably just a follow-up to that joke.
Penguin

Death wrote:

That's exactly what a guilty person would say.
now it just sounds like you're talking out of your butt.

Westonini wrote:

Was probably just a follow-up to that joke.
yeah, but he's still accusing me
Husa
poor abraker
cravenfiner

Husa wrote:

poor abraker

I think abraker was the most hyped about this too
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 2.2
Not Voting (6) - Penguin, Husa, cravenfiner, Westonini, Keremal, Death
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 16th 2019, 6:40 PM EST
Penguin
okay, well if there's 4 town, then we can vote someone today or tomorrow, assuming that only one of us dies tonight. If there's only three of us, we're kinda screwed.

we gotta be proactive and vote someone or else we're just gonna be sitting here twiddling our thumbs and doing nothing while mafia runs the game.
Westonini
So like, vote someone to get the ball rolling?
Westonini
But whomst'd've's'nd?
Penguin
I don't really have a read on anyone since no one is talking this game, that's the problem. I'm slightly sus of Death, but nothing substantial. Husa has posted like 2 times.
cravenfiner
we have 6 more days to think of someone logical to vote, so at least we have that
Death

Westonini wrote:

Vote: Husa

They've barely said anything this entire game. Perfect strategy for mafia.
Penguin

Death wrote:

Westonini wrote:

They've barely said anything this entire game. Perfect strategy for mafia.
I'm fine with this

Penguin
although, this could be Death just trying to get a bandwagon on someone besides himself since he knows I'm sus of him. Either way, it's a 50/50 and we have nothing else to go off of. Unless someone got info last night.
show more