Great Idea Mafia Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

cravenfiner wrote:

hope death notices so keremal doesnt get lynched
Isn't Death the one getting voted on by keremal? Death voted to lynch Penguin. Either way we'd need a majority vote for a lynch anyways.
yes, this is true. At the moment, there will not be a lynch
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.8
Penguin (1) - Death
Death (1) - keremal

[L-2] No Lynch (3) - Penguin, Westonini, abraker

Not Voting (3) - cravenfinder, GuyInFreezer, Husa
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 8th 2019 - 5:22 PM EST
Less than 48 hours remaining
Death
Vote: No Lynch

"Votes in play" includes no lynch votes, right? Otherwise, I'm dead lol
Penguin

Death wrote:

Vote: No Lynch

"Votes in play" includes no lynch votes, right? Otherwise, I'm dead lol
That's not how the voting system works. We need a majority (5) to lynch atm. If there's not a majority by the end of the day, no lynch will occur.
Penguin
The way you're thinking is played in some rulesets, but not this one
Topic Starter
Sakura
"Votes in play" refers to when the ammount of votes is different than the ammount of players (Voteless, double voters, etc), however this shouldn't be the case for great idea mafia, it should just straight up be the ammount of players, i missed it after reusing my ruleset and will change it to players, sorry if this caused confusion
Topic Starter
Sakura
keremal, Husa and GuyInFreezer have been prodded
abraker
ok I think now is the best time as any to make up a secret code that only town people will understand
that way the cop can tell town what's up
GuyInFreezer
Oh yeah this game
I'll read up by evening.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Less than 24 hours remaining
keremaru

abraker wrote:

ok I think now is the best time as any to make up a secret code that only town people will understand
the only issue is telling which players are townies and how to get the information to them, since we can't exactly say "hey townies, the code word we're using is 'fubbernugget'." it'd either have to be a system of trusting and half-assed luck, since we can't expose our roles either since then the mafioso would be able to kill everyone.
abraker
hey, that's better than nothing
Penguin

keremal wrote:

abraker wrote:

the only issue is telling which players are townies and how to get the information to them, since we can't exactly say "hey townies, the code word we're using is 'fubbernugget'." it'd either have to be a system of trusting and half-assed luck, since we can't expose our roles either since then the mafioso would be able to kill everyone.
Well, if someone has information that without a doubt shows them who mafia is, then it's better to come forth with it imo. I haven't played forum mafia at all, but in IRC mafia, a quiet town is a dead town.
abraker
67 65 78 0 89 79 85 0 82 69 65 68 0 84 72 73 83 31
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.9
Death (1) - keremal

[L-1] No Lynch (4) - Penguin, Westonini, abraker, Death

Not Voting (3) - cravenfinder, GuyInFreezer, Husa
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: Feb 8th 2019 - 5:22 PM EST
abraker
Sorry somebody cracked the previous code and is now being black market. I have analyzed townie psychology and can now guarantee only town should be able to crack this one

1702 1782 1670 1766 1750 1622 1606 1686 1766 1555 915 915 57
Topic Starter
Sakura
A bit late but
Husa has failed to pick up their prod and will be replaced
They still have time to post in game or msg me during the Night phase before a replacement is found.
abraker
oh no here we go :[
abraker

Sakura wrote:

They still have time to post in game or msg me during the Night phase before a replacement is found.
And if Husa never responds during the night phase? This kinda confirms that either Husa is not mafia or Husa is one of the two mafia, because that would be an uneventful night otherwise.
Husa
iwiwjwjbedu8wiwjd
Topic Starter
Sakura

abraker wrote:

Sakura wrote:

And if Husa never responds during the night phase?
In such a case would've frozen the night phase deadline and if i didnt get a replacement soon modkilled the slot.
cravenfiner

abraker wrote:

1702 1782 1670 1766 1750 1622 1606 1686 1766 1555 915 915 57

heck
Topic Starter
Sakura
Deadline has ended.
Day 1 has ended without a lynch.

It is now Night 1, it will last 24 hours as of this post, any players with night active abilities can PM me your targets, if no target is submitted by deadline it will count as "No Action"

You're free to change or cancel your action as often as you want before the deadline, but any changes after deadline will not be accepted.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Sorry for being a lil late, day will open soon
Topic Starter
Sakura
That was a very dark night...

GuyInFreezer Alien 1-Shot Psychomagnet has died Night 1
abraker Town Lover has died Night 1

It is now Day 2
Deadline: Feb 16th 2019, 6:40 PM EST

Vote Count 2.0
Not Voting (6) - Penguin, Husa, cravenfiner, Westonini, Keremal, Death
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Death

Sakura wrote:

Should have voted for Penguin.
abraker

"That's how the mafia works"
Westonini
I'm trying to google those roles.

"Lovers are players who are linked to each other. If one Lover dies, the Lover(s) linked to it dies simultaneously."

"Alien One-Shot Psychomagnet (all night actions are redirected to the target)"

I'm assuming these are correct.
Penguin
I'm not exactly sure how the alien role works, but I'm assuming that mafia killed GIF and then he killed abraker?

Death wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Should have voted for Penguin.
It's pretty obvious that scum knew that I'd be suspicious if they were to kill abraker then blame me. I'm not dumb enough to actually kill abraker if I was scum.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

I'm trying to google those roles.

"Lovers are players who are linked to each other. If one Lover dies, the Lover(s) linked to it dies simultaneously."

"Alien One-Shot Psychomagnet (all night actions are redirected to the target)"

I'm assuming these are correct.
yeah, there's not really a good source of the role descriptions I can find, but I think that's correct? I don't know if that means that there is two aliens though
Westonini
So if one lover dies, the other also dies.

So since abraker was a town lover and he died, that means GuyInFreezer was his lover? In that case "Town Lover" means that the person was a Townie but could still love someone of a different role.

So the mafia killed either abraker or GIF, causing the other to die as well?
Penguin
nvm, I found it

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Greater_Idea_Mafia/RolePMs#Alien

So aliens can kill one person per game, which means that GIF killed abraker and mafia killed GIF if I'm not mistaken.

Unless there's another neutral killing. Then it just gets really confusing.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

So if one lover dies, the other also dies.

So since abraker was a town lover and he died, that means GuyInFreezer was his lover? In that case "Town Lover" means that the person was a Townie but could still love someone of a different role.

So the mafia killed either abraker or GIF, causing the other to die as well?
no, GIF's role would have said he was a lover, plus I don't think lovers can be cross parties.
Westonini
but abraker died, meaning his lover also needs to die right? and the only other person who died was GIF.
Penguin
Just because there's a lover in the game, doesn't mean that there is a second one
Westonini
Penguin
I think I'm wrong about the cross party lovers, but still, GIF's role would have said that he was a lover.
Penguin
"If there are other Lovers in the game, you will form a Lover bond with them. All Lovers will die at the same time."

Keyword is "IF"
Westonini
Hmm, ok. So it was a one-way thing meaning abraker was the only lover?
cravenfiner
maybe lover role doesnt have to have another to exist, its just a random chance for someone else to get it
show more