I need some help!

posted
Total Posts
82
show more
abraker
That doesn't clearly describe the intended style, namely being cute. And before you go ahead and link cute with sexual tendencies, that is definitely not what cute means. Otherwise you couldn't just walk to a parent and compliment on how cute their child is at a family gathering.
Penguin

abraker wrote:

That doesn't clearly describe the intended style, namely being cute. And before you go ahead and link cute with sexual tendencies, that is definitely not what cute means. Otherwise you couldn't just walk to a parent and compliment on how cute their child is at a family gathering.
No, I've been referring to the way people sexualize them and have sexual attractions. I completely understand what you mean when you say cute. There's already a term for what you're talking about.

moeDictionary result for moe
/ˈmōˌā/Submit
noun
(in the context of Japanese popular culture) the quality in a fictional female character of being youthfully innocent and vulnerable in an idealized way, perceived as eliciting feelings of affection or protectiveness.
abraker
I believe moe has less subjectivity and not necessarily related to one's opinion of cute. Consider the characters in K-On. I wouldn't really call them cute, but I would call them moe.
Penguin
eh, I'm really not into the Japanese culture enough to get into semantics like this. I'd just use the word cute or adorable or something.
abraker
"Cute anime girls" does sound a bit pervy
Meah
I'm moe
Penguin

Meah wrote:

I'm moe
I agree! I should've just linked your profile instead of pasting the definition tbh
Meah
Yes, I'm the very definition of it
Westonini
oh damn that's brazy
Brainage

Penguin wrote:

oh boy... can't tell if you're actually retarded or trying to bait me
50% of people say it's an attraction to young-looking girls, 50% say it's where the female in question is prepubescent so i'll let you decide on that one
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Penguin wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Brainage wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

my friends tell me I'm gay bc I like lolis. what should I do?
well it depends on your gender and the loli's gender. also it's not pedophilia to those who mentioned it, loli is a body type not an age thing.
oh boy... can't tell if you're actually retarded or trying to bait me
OPINION ALERT: the line between lolicon and pedophile is fragile. very fragile. but, if the line isn't crossed, then there isn't a problem to have here.

no a loli is a age thing most of the time. there are characters over 18 years old that look and act like a child tho.
Pedophile and lolicon mean the exact same thing, there is no line lmao. The only real difference is that the word lolicon is mostly referred to when it comes to anime/hentai and stuff in Japanese culture. People just try to downplay the fact that they're sexually objectifying prepubescent girls by saying "but its just cartoons!!!!"

The word "lolicon" (lolita complex) comes from a book written by Vladimir Nabokov called Lolita. It's a book about a middle-aged man that becomes sexually obsessed with a twelve-year-old girl. That's called pedophilia.

and don't get me started with the "argument/loophole" where the character is actually 100 years old or some shit. It doesn't change the fact that it's still a prepubescent child. IMO people who try to use that excuse are delusional.
to some degree, yea, lolicons are pedophiles. but, if lolicon in question doesn't cross the very blurry line for us (that being downloading, uploading and/or sharing loli hentai) then I don't see the problem. I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms

a lot of loli art it's very suggestive. it's quite hard to find normal, plain lolis that just smile and just sit there being lolis. (at least it's hard for me).
abraker
lolicon is a term that implies pedophile. There is only full 100 degrees of boiling hot FBI, not some degree.

loli is a more grey line term because it has different meaning depending on who you ask. Some associate it with lolicon while others don't. But ofc the more negative view is going to stick out more.
Penguin

Winnyace wrote:

I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms
...
Westonini
Penguin will remember that.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Penguin wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms
...
there goes all my rep I've built on this forums
abraker
you had none to begin with
which means you now have negative reputation
Aiseca
Negative stars are bad in game
Penguin
It is very hard to build back up from negative. Only time can heal such a wound.
Meah
Hello sir, this isn't FBI but can I have all of your addresses?
Westonini
no
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply