forum

Why is it easier to sightread a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
I'm choking on shit that's around 4.1 stars on maps I've had downloaded forever, but somehow first time reads on harder maps I can fc (or do significantly better) first try? I don't know if its a mind block thing, but I retry maps over and over, and do worse and worse, messing up on simple parts. How do you guys deal with mind block, and are sight reads easier for you all too?
Vuelo Eluko
most of my top ranks and hardest passes were done in one try so yes
DeletedUser_6869432
Same for me, almost all my top plays were sight reads and if I ever choke I won't try that map again till I forget it.
Topic Starter
Feylos
if only forgetting maps was an easy thing, especially when its on a song you like
abraker
As you retry the map more and more, the physical motions and anticipated moments from previous tries get recalled from memory and fed into the following try. This includes screw-ups, where you are likely to screw up due to the recalling of what happened in previous times.

How do you get rid of an annoying thing you can't seem to forget? The same way you get rid of an ear worm--you get a different ear worm. Or just wait it out by not playing the map at all. It took me 6 months of not playing a certain map to loose a habit on it.
The Gambler

abraker wrote:

It took me 6 months of not playing a certain map to loose a habit on it.

Took me 3 years to pass Granat like hoyl that mindblock was nuts.
abraker

The Gambler wrote:

abraker wrote:

It took me 6 months of not playing a certain map to loose a habit on it.

Took me 3 years to pass Granat like hoyl that mindblock was nuts.
oof
N0thingSpecial
Sight read is big