forum

More detailed user search function.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
-Athena-
As it stands, the user search function will only give you the exact result of the name you searched, or if you were to type in "-A t" it would automatically bring you to my profile because mine is the only username beginning that way.

This to me isn't enough, because get 1 word or number wrong and you can't find the user you're searching for, and also another reason I will address.

Right now users are able to change their username through various means, this places a "Previously known as" followed by their old username below their new one, this discarded username, if searched, wouldn't yield any results, so why not include previous usernames in the search as well?

This may raise a problem in that someone's old username might have been taken by another person, so searching for that would lead to a different profile. A solution to this would be to display all relevant results (perhaps starting with 10) with the closest or exact one starting at the top instead of going straight to a person's profile. This would not only solve the above problem but also the problem of searching for someone with a complicated username or one full of numbers or whatever else.
Topic Starter
-Athena-
No replies at all...
I am sad ;_;
Aqo
The same issue actually bothered me; it wasn't too much of an issue, though, so never thought about mentioning it... I support your idea to give a list of results but dunno if devs would care enough to take the time to do this, because not a lot of people are bothered by this too much. Then again it shouldn't be that hard to do...

By the way, you're not the only -A.
smoogipoo
The user search feature is pretty useless for me. As it stands, I can just use osu.ppy.sh/u/*name* rather than going to the website to do the same thing The user search feature should maybe return a list of results of similar or relevant names.

I support your idea :D
Topic Starter
-Athena-

Aqo wrote:

The same issue actually bothered me; it wasn't too much of an issue, though, so never thought about mentioning it... I support your idea to give a list of results but dunno if devs would care enough to take the time to do this, because not a lot of people are bothered by this too much. Then again it shouldn't be that hard to do...

By the way, you're not the only -A.
Well I am, or rather I was the only "-A t"
Tshemmp
It should work like the user search function in-game (when you press F9). After you enter some characters and hit Enter there should appear a result screen with all players who match the entered characters.
Gaba
Support, we really need a new search function.