forum

[Archived] Timing gone, .osu fine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
When editing a beatmap, I wanted to test it. (of course) So, I clicked test, it prompted me to save before testing, I click yes, aaaaand osu crashes! I start freaking out because I thought the map didn't save, but then I realized I saved a few minutes before I had wanted to test the map. So I wouldn't have to re-do that much, right?

And of course, I was wrong.

Upon restarting osu and finding my beatmap, I found that the star rating on my map had vanished. I started flipping out (again) because I thought all of the notes had gone. But when I peeked inside my map, all of the notes, sliders, and hitsounds were perfectly fine. The preview point was still there. However, ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my timing sections are gone. Uninherited and inherited.

So I spent about 15 minutes redoing the timing sections, it all worked out. After mapping a bit more, I decided to test the map again. The window came up, I clicked yes aaaand crash! Timing section gone a second time.

So, frustrated, I redid the timing AGAIN. I decided to be smart, and ctrl+s'd before exiting the map so I wouldn't have to see any windows and I wouldn't have to click the test button. (I can just play it normally) But what do I find? As soon as I exit the map my timing section is gone AGAIN.

At this point, I have no idea what to do. My temporary solution is going to be going into the .osu and copying the code for the timing section and saving it in Word or something, but that would probably happen every time I exited the map. I have also had other people tell me they have had this problem before, so I know it's not my computer. (MasterOfSheep, Ultimate)

So yeah... Please fix... ;_;

EDIT: I think I figured out what's happened. I had an inherited timing point and a hitobject before the first timing point, and when I peeked into the .osu there was no code saved for timing points. I fixed it by deleting the inherited timing point (which manipulated volume) and replaced it with an uninherited timing point. So yay.
peppy
How do you get an inherited section before the first? This shouldn't be possible, as it will likely cause issues like crashing.
ouranhshc
when its happened to me, its happened when i was changing the offset. For example, if you have a inheritied section on top of red timing section.
peppy
I can replicate being able to move an inherited section before the first timing point, but it doesn't seem to cause any loss of timing for me. Do you have a specific reproducible map/case?
ouranhshc
I figured it out.

So when you move the inherited section by making the uninherited section later, osu! closes. A dialog box appears asking if you would like to save the current timing. Click yes. Then restart osu! and return to the map. The timing should be erased.

EDIT: @ Peppy, are you moving the offset until osu! closes.