What is your favorite arcade game and have you seen any new ones

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aoriki

Nekoroll wrote:

IIDX.

Someone had to say it.
^ This and DDR (Any) Blazblue, Tecknika and ....Pacman....
Dieathan
The Metal Slug and beatmania IIDX series.
I do also play the occasional Mario Kart Arcade GP whenever I feel up to it.
Fai-Chii
Tekken !!
Papi Bear
DDR XP
Mercurial

LunaticMara wrote:

Sadly in Finland, there aren't so many arcade machines due something happened in 90s. The whole scene kinda died

Same here in Argentina... The only Arcade Games I have here is "Metal Slug, Blaz Blue, Taiko no Tatsujin, House of the Dead 3 and others"
GeeNX
Mogsy
Pop'n Music.
Topic Starter
Alex311360

Mogsworth wrote:

Pop'n Music.
I can't play that. Sure, I can do Taiko on the keyboard without looking at the keyboard, sure I can play a different version of that on XBLA, but doing that with all those buttons is just...o_o"
Dieathan

sHaDoWsN1pEr13 wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Pop'n Music.
I can't play that. Sure, I can do Taiko on the keyboard without looking at the keyboard, sure I can play a different version of that on XBLA, but doing that with all those buttons is just...o_o"
You should see beatmania IIDX. That's 7 keys and a turntable to manage. Takes plenty of practice to get used to.
awp
it's like a piano/keyboard except most of the keys are missing and the ones remaining are huge
Mogsy
IIDX's only real issues are its timing window (which is harsh to the max) and its difficulty curve.

9 button Pop'n is easier to get into than one might think. It takes practice, but so does every rhythm game.
RemmyX25

Managed #2 with my buddy in Time Crisis 2 once. good times.

But yea, any classic arcade games, i can dig. Point Blank, Puzzle Bobble, Mortal Kombat,etc. There are also some current gen games that I wish I could play again like Time Crisis, Initial D Arcade Stage 3, and Mario Kart GP.
Pokebis
IIDX is wayyyyy harder than Pop'n. The turntable is also a major issue.
And how ridiculously fast they want you to read the chords. I can regularly pass 10s, but anything above that is pushing it.
Ekaru
My fav is the one where you try to roll the balls up the ramp into the holes. So much fun!

As far as ones like the TC is referring to go, I'd say my favorite is Mario Bros. Miss Pacman comes second.
Mogsy

Pokebis wrote:

IIDX is wayyyyy harder than Pop'n. The turntable is also a major issue.
And how ridiculously fast they want you to read the chords. I can regularly pass 10s, but anything above that is pushing it.
Well, yeah. The difficulty curve + turntable is the major issue (even though I honestly didn't have much trouble adapting to the turntable, but I also suck and play lower difficulties).
Nekoroll
IIDX can be really fun once you get over the wall that you encounter around the 4-5s. I find that the most fun charts are around 7-8s. 9s are challenging but still fun. Once you get to 10s+, it just seems more challenging and hard than sensible and enjoyable, imo. My peak was at the 9s because I always hit the wall that you get around 10s. :( Turntable isn't a problem for me unless the song is super turntable heavy (I'm looking at you, good-cool songs).

Pop'n is super fun too like Mogsy says. The controller can get ridiculously loud sometimes though since you're essentially slapping giant hamburgers but the music selection on the Pop'n series compared to IIDX is vastly superior and varied. Last time I played Pop'n, I think I was doing somewhere around 24-28s? I don't play it as much though but I definitely could.

A real easy way that I personally find to be handy to reading IIDX and Pop'n charts is by first becoming acquainted to the colors of the notes on the screen. On IIDX, grey notes will be your bottom row of keys and blues will be your top row. On Pop'n, the colors are a little harder for me to get used to since there are 5 colors as opposed to IIDX's two, but they all go toward the center's. There is a special Pop'n note skin that helps if you're more accustomed to IIDX colors than Pop'n though and I found that that helps if you're color-dependent since it turns the notes from white-yellow-green-blue-red to just blue-tops and grey-bottoms. After a while of playing, you just get used to glancing at the color and position on screen and you improve that way.

Definitely high learning curves but once you get your technique down, the games are super fun. :3
Pokebis
Yeah, I play Pop'n with Beat-mode on. I'd like to learn the colors, though, but it's embarrassing to fumble around so much at the arcade. I'll learn more with time perhaps, but I dunno if I'll actually have time to get into Pop'n since I don't have a controller and school shall soon be having all of my time.

I think 9s-easier 10s are the most fun IIDX charts. 8s are a bit too easy for me, but there are still some fun charts. I still want to be able to at least pass some 11s, though. And passing 12s would be amazing, but I feel like I won't ever be able to do that; save for the easy ones maybe (still not there) And then there's those songs that have easy Hypers and ridiculous Anothers-- I want to at least be able to pass those ones.
Tsukasa
Favorite would be Time Crisis 4

Though i'm not FULLY updated on arcade games because i don't really go to arcades that often

And in addition the Arcade that updates/adds new games is too far from where i live
Pizzicato
DJmax technika 3 and tekken 6
Joof
Technika <3
MegaManEXE
My favorite is ITG2, when they patched it to allow custom simfiles it was hands down the best. Best pads, best bar, best stepcharts.

DDR Extreme was also awesome, too bad they ruined every DDR game after that.

Also I don't care what anybody says, this game is the shit.

Sadly almost all the good arcades near me shut down so I don't really get to play anything anymore. I'd love to try Reflec Beat some time though.
Psychedelic_Trance
DJMax Technika~
Its the only reason I still visit arcades xD
Topic Starter
Alex311360

MegamanEXE wrote:

Also I don't care what anybody says, this game is the shit.

Heard of the game before, songs are good, the game however..ugh...
DestinySonata
I like Drummania XG.
Fai-Chii
Tekken,I like it =w=
Accelerator-kun
CarlRaven
I love those top-scrolling flight-shooter games like the Strikers 1945 series and the Raiden series. Played with those when I was young, and I still do it today!

Apart from that, I love Grid Arcade (I set most of the course records at the cabinets at my arcade).
Ekaru
Okay, I was at the State Fair with its modern arcade a couple days ago so now I can seriously answer this question:

HD racing games are purdy. It's even truer when they involve boats and have a PIN system. I saw some HD shooting games, too, and there was a GH game and crap and they had a giant Connect-4 machine and blahblahblah. However, I'll have to go with PIU for my favorite machine there, even if that stupid thing inhaled my quarters. It's just so fuuuuuuun, even if I do prefer DDR simply because I'm used to that one.
Topic Starter
Alex311360
Fact: the world's best arcades are in california

they have taiko no tatsujin, pop n' music and other stuff
Don't believe me? Go check:
zenius-i-vanisher.com and go to their Arcade Locator. California has all the goods. most arcades in the U.S.A. =w=
Archangel Tirael
I don't play on it arcades, because I live in Magadan (Google it!) but I very want to play on it.
My playing prioritets:
1) EZ2DJ
2) Beatmania IIDX
3) DJMAX: Technika
skyboy19
-Initial D6AA
-Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+

too bad my city arcade center dont have Initial D
Professor Prinny
DJMax Technika for definite.