posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Catch The Beat International Cup V

Starting April 6, 2019!

Registration is closed!
Total Players: 61/64

(A reminder you can still sign up after the list is filled, only the top 64 players by pp ranking will be admitted)

The current PP cutoff is: None yet!

Important Links

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CqbfgKG
Brackets: None yet.
Spreadsheet (Map Pools, Participants, etc.): None yet.

Introduction

Hello and welcome once again to the largest 1v1 tournament in osu!catch, as well as the longest standing unofficial tournament! This year brings about the fifth edition of the tournament, and each year gets even better than the last! Last year's competition saw a new tournament powerhouse emerge over a grueling finals match with one of the greatest tournament finals that the mode has ever seen. Who will triumph this year? Find out as the best of the best battle through the gauntlet to claim the title!

If you're looking to apply as a Referee / Streamer / Commentator, please post down below or contact me directly. Map Selection team will be hand picked, (as always), by myself.

Tournament Details

The current title holder is Touch Me

List of Tournament Winners
OCT CTB International Tournament I : lineqtxz 6 - 5 dika312
CTB International Cup II : Crystal 7 - 1 - N a g i -
CTB International Cup III : Crystal 7 - 6 chickenbible
CTB International Cup IV : Touch me 3 - 7, 7 - 6 - N a g i -

Prizes
  1. Profile Badge of "CtB Cup 5 Winner!" for 1st place (Not Confirmed)
  2. Undetermined amount of supporter for positions 1-3. (Not Confirmed)

Format

1. Score will be calculated in ScoreV2
  2. Group Stage of 64 players
  3. Each group holds 4 players
  4. The top 16 players will be considered "Top Seed", followed by 16 "High Seed", "Low Seed", and "Unseeded" players.
  5. Each group will have one player from each category, completely randomized.
  6. The categories of seeding are organized by rank. This is about as objective as a seeding system can be.
  7. Top 2 from each group will advance, with 1st seeds playing vs. 2nd seeds of other groups in Round 1 Bracket Stage.
  8. The bracket will be Double Elimination.
Registration / Requirements

1. By joining, you are committing to the timeframe of the tournament (within reason), and promising to do everything in your power to play at the scheduled times.
  2. You must be between ranks 1-1000 to join.
  3. The matches will only be played on weekends.
  4. You must not have any cheating or multiaccounting infringements on your account, nor any MAJOR silences. This judgement will be left up to the tournament staff at the time of your admittance.
Scheduling
  1. For reference, you can click this link
  2. Group Stage will take place over the weekend of April 6-7, during which all matches must be played.
  3. Winner's Round 1 will take place on April 13.
  4. Loser's Round 1 will take place on April 14.
  5. Winner's Round 2 will take place on April 20.
  6. Loser's Round 2 and 3 will take place on April 21.
  7. Winner's Round 3 will take place on April 27
  8. Loser's Round 3 and 4 will take place on April 28.
  9. Winner's Round 4 (Semifinals) will take place on May 4
  10. Loser's Round 5 and 6 will take place on May 5.
  11. Winner's Round 5 (Finals) and Loser's Round 7 (Loser's Finals) will take place on May 11.
  12. Loser's Grand Finals (Round 8) and Grand Finals (Winner's Round 6) will take place on May 12.

Map Rules

Mapset Selection Rules (Staff and participants)

1. There must be 6 NOMOD, 4 HIDDEN, 4 HARDROCK, 4 DOUBLETIME, and 1 TIEBREAKER
2. When selecting DOUBLETIME, both players are allowed to pick DTHD (or DTHR for the people with AR11 eyes)
3. When selecting HARDROCK, both players are allowed to play with HDHR if they desire.
4. 2 Maps must be banned by each player.
5. Players are allowed to pick more than one map from each mod pool. (No mod restrictions)
6. The TIEBREAKER map can only be played as NOMOD or HIDDEN.

In-Game Rules

1. Any type of BM or ill will towards opponents will have you immediately disqualified from this tournament, whether it be in lobby, through PM, or any outside source.
2. You are allowed 15 minutes after the match start time to show up for your match. Please be reminded that sometimes we will be ahead or behind schedule, so please plan accordingly.
3. In the event of a no-show, the player will be given a maximum-score win over the opponent.
4. If you are disrespectful to the referee or any other tournament official, you will be immediately disqualified from this tournament.
5. If you disconnect from the match lobby, we will count the map as a loss, even if the opponent agrees to a rematch. If you are able to screenshot proof that it was a bancho error, we will replay the map.
6. If you quit the lobby out of rage or otherwise, we will immediately disqualify you from the tournament.
7. Failure to at least come to a compromise of a time to play at will result in the DQ of both players. Please be respectful and note that not everyone can play at the perfect time for you.

Map Pools

Nothing is here yet!

Staff Team

Tournament Host:
Ascendance

Tournament Co-Host:
alienflybot

Referee Team:
Ascendance

Streaming/Commentary:
Touch Me

Map Selection Team:
Ascendance | alienflybot | Touch Me
autofanboy
pogga
Nosuri
owo
spIyrg
That streaming/commentary team looks fairly empty. Mind if I fill in a spot?
- N a g i -
:fat:
JISAN
GLGL!!
MasterForcer
It is time..
Topic Starter
Ascendance
45/64 slots taken before pp cutoff!