forum

Need help on identifying my fingers problem ( mainly streams )

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Thrionl
Hi ! Just a 6 digit player asking for advices from the wise and experienced.

So, I have no problem read a map, or an incoming stream. I know, and i sense the rhythm and know how to hit it to sound right ( which is pretty obvious ), and I can pull of those stream perfectly sometimes ( even at 200 bpm of 10 and up to 20 notes or so ), but ( now the but comes ), i don't know, on another play i guess, my finger just either tense up heavily, locking in the middle of a stream, loses controls from zxzxzxz... to zxxzzzxzxx and that causes sh1tmiss, so here, I'm asking if anyone know where my problem comes from, or at least been through where I've been, because I want to improve on other aspects of my skillset without having to worry about any of those "I'm a human, i'm febble" things, or knowing that, accept it and get over it.

Thing that i think MAY affect / results on those :
1. Nervous / Anxious / Mental fortitude ( generally speaking the minded side )
2. Lack of finger control ( play more )
3. Lack of stamina ( play more )
4. Lack of consistency ( you guessed it - PlAy mOrE )
5. Brain buffering notes ( read from other forums / reddit posts ) or aka : not following the rhythm and let the brain sight read.
6. Tiredness after a long circle clicking session.
7. Instinct > Consciousness of you tapping. ( Or the other way around )
8. From you ! ( your advice I meant :/ )

Thank you for your advices, and I would really want to hear from the one who has experienced and now conquered it, or simply suggesting maps and/or practice techniques / routines that I should follow, and practice flaws that I should avoid top not get bad habits.
DeletedUser_6869432
Upload a replay of you playing a stream map with handcam preferably. I'm 99% sure you just need to play more judging from your profile.

Edit: I'm not buying that you can do 200 bpm streams unless your just mashing through them,like 80% of your top plays are farm maps with garbage acc. Fix your acc first then worry about streaming.
Humbby
[quote="Thrionl"2. Lack of finger control ( play more )
3. Lack of stamina ( play more ) [/quote]

Play More.................. Maps with a lot of Bursts.
Tho I think you should improve on other things first before learning how to stream.
Topic Starter
Thrionl

kacper124 wrote:

Upload a replay of you playing a stream map with handcam preferably. I'm 99% sure you just need to play more judging from your profile.

Edit: I'm not buying that you can do 200 bpm streams unless your just mashing through them,like 80% of your top plays are farm maps with garbage acc. Fix your acc first then worry about streaming.

Got it.

Sjongejonge3 wrote:

Tho I think you should improve on other things first before learning how to stream.

Sure. I'll take more time into other aspect of my skillset, and get more maps with lots of burst ( which is everywhere on the forums ).

One last question though, will streaming skill comes over time ? ( I'm obsessed and fascinated with streams :/ )
Juuuuuuuuul

Thrionl wrote:

One last question though, will streaming skill comes over time ? ( I'm obsessed and fascinated with streams :/ )
Yes.

Since you're fascinated by streams, there is a map with deathstreams that i think you can do.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/682929 (the last diff)

Try to play balanced maps with all kind of stuff in it, streams, jumps, slow sliders, fast sliders, stacks etc...
Humbby

Thrionl wrote:

Sure. I'll take more time into other aspect of my skillset, and get more maps with lots of burst ( which is everywhere on the forums ).

Playing maps with a lot of bursts will remove fingerlock and increase stamina.
You'll be suprised at how good you can stream after a few days of practicing that.

But you shouldnt be worried about streaming till you can consistently pass 5* or maybe high 4*
Juuuuuuuuul

Sjongejonge3 wrote:

yes, start learning streams progressively by short ones and low bpm ones.

Sjongejonge3 wrote:

But you shouldnt be worried about streaming till you can consistently pass 5* or maybe high 4*
Streams appear way before high insanes, it start on hard diffs, even deathstreams or 1/8 streams sometimes.
How the fuck can we pass consistently high insanes if we're doing shit on hards and low insanes because of streams.
You need to worry about streams as soon as you encounter them, just don't jump instantly into crazy streams maps.
Brainage
Getting good at streaming doesn't mean farming deathstream maps, it means gaining finger control by playing beatmaps with a wide range of patterns and 3-16 note bursts. That is probably one of the more efficient ways to get good at streaming in general as many high ranked players (including idke who is #1 global) have used this method of practice to "get good"
Juuuuuuuuul
Well said.