forum

Decent Tablets for Me (English Bad)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KawaiiMiku
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm kinda desperate right now. So in my country the store that sells computer stuff have only wacom branded tablets. I'm on a tight budget and the only tablets that I can buy is Wacom Intuos S and Wacom CTH-490/K2-CX Intuos Photo(Small)
Vuelo Eluko
no model numbers? i.e cth 480, ctl 490, etc.

Wacom Intuos S is probably your best bet without knowing more
Vuelo Eluko
i say avoid the 490
Topic Starter
KawaiiMiku
Well the tablets that are available are ctl 6100wl, intuos s(probably ctl 4100), cth 490 and cth 690
Sosteneshion
Any intuos, preferably the cheapest.
The Gambler
The cheapest available Intuos is the small CTH-490.
The cheapest best Intuos is the small CTH-480.
The cheapest new tablet would be the Huion 420.

490 shouldn't have an issue with the hawku driver.

480 needs certain firmware to be decent (ahem hawku driver or 6.3.9w5) otherwise it is identical to the stock 490 in terms of response. The hover distance is glorious though.
Sosteneshion

The Gambler wrote:

I am using the 490, with hawku drivers. It works just fine, btw I do recommend it. It is pretty straight forward tablet + aesthetic af. (I am using the small version so it doesn't take desk space)
Vuelo Eluko

sosteneshion wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

I am using the 490, with hawku drivers. It works just fine, btw I do recommend it. It is pretty straight forward tablet + aesthetic af. (I am using the small version so it doesn't take desk space)
i heard its hover distance was also atrocious though, and the pen apparently feels like crap.

it seems older wacom tablets are the best in general, Wacom is a corporation and corporations don't just make "superior" products as time goes on, especially when they have little to no competition, they also get better at cutting corners and it shows. It's extra bad for osu players since they don't make tablets for us, so the ways they do cut corners i.e a few extra milliseconds of latency that may or may not go away with hacked drivers, less hover distance, and such do not really matter for their target market but are terrible for us.

When you look at what advantages newer Intuos models bring to the table compared to older bamboo tablets, it's shit like more pressure sensitivity levels or button/driver related artist features is totally useless for us. That said, would seriously consider buying like a used cth 460 rather than anything new from wacom if my 470 dies.

It's not like a 490's hover distance or pen are going to limit your growth as a player (the latency might if the hacked drivers dont fix your problem) but why spend more for new hardware that offers nothing really advantageous over the older crop of tablets aside from being mint out of the box?
Sosteneshion

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

why spend more for new hardware that offers nothing really advantageous over the older crop of tablets aside from being mint out of the box?
I would rather buy something new then, be a ctl 480 warrior with a used one.
And I am only recommending it, I am not forcing anyone to buy it.

And seems like you only heard about thing, but dont actually have one, you cant just shit on something that you only heard about

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

i heard its hover distance was also atrocious though, and the pen apparently feels like crap.
The guy that made the post said that he can afford one and I just told him that yeah 490 is actually good, but underrated.

KawaiiMiku wrote:

the only tablets that I can buy is Wacom Intuos S and Wacom CTH-490/K2-CX Intuos Photo(Small)
Vuelo Eluko
even i think the ctl 480 is overrated