forum

Extend Friends Limit [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Snowy Dream
Since friends are limited, we cant add more friends unless we delete some.
Then many old users such as me try deleting some friends which communicated seldom.
But we can still find lots of friends in our friendlist, so I suggest extending it to 500 as the toplimit.
OnosakiHito
I think this should be moved in feature requests?

Anyway, this would be nice since sometimes you just need this places because of other mappers which are importand for a certain map or other stuff. It is allready a pain for me as taiko-mapper to search the people again since I can't remember all names.
Unthinkable how hard this must be for osu! mappers.
Deif
It's a bit annoying, tbh... Since that message started to appear, I've tried to remove inactive/banned friends, but it's still showing in #BanchoBot.

Supporting this idea.
Aoko
Future Request.

Support any how. ~
-----
yeah..I've removed about 80-90 inactive/spectatement players on my friendlist, and still unable to get under the 200 people mark...
The limit is pointless to me because osu! is a growing community such that a player's friend number can only grow over time.
How could anyone complain about having too many friends?

Edit: Someone really need to move this thread to Feature Request...
peppy

OnosakiHito wrote:

I think this should be moved in feature requests?

Anyway, this would be nice since sometimes you just need this places because of other mappers which are importand for a certain map or other stuff. It is allready a pain for me as taiko-mapper to search the people again since I can't remember all names.
Unthinkable how hard this must be for osu! mappers.
Why not list them in the map's opening post?
friendok56
how many friends does one need on osu? i have none :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
Scarlet-Lady

----- wrote:

The limit is pointless to me because osu! is a growing community such that a player's friend number can only grow over time.
How could anyone complain about having too many friends?
yeah, I wanted to add 1 person and I have to remove some of my important friends first :(
Supporting this idea
zeroclover
unlimted for mutual friends only,
limited for stalker(unmutual friends), being annoyed when stranger always sending invitation for multiplaying and keep stalking = =
dkun
I just deleted my entire list and started all over.

aiyaaaa.
support anyways. :|
peppy

zeroclover wrote:

limited for stalker(unmutual friends), being annoyed when stranger always sending invitation for multiplaying and keep stalking = =
this is an interesting concept. but i can see people spamming "mutual friend me please!!!!!11111111" if this was implemented.
Derekku

peppy wrote:

zeroclover wrote:

this is an interesting concept. but i can see people spamming "mutual friend me please!!!!!11111111" if this was implemented.
they'd (hopefully) do it in PMs or in #osu (which I'm sure they already do), so I guess it's a tradeoff from complaining about the current limitations. :p
Nitojgrem

peppy wrote:

zeroclover wrote:

I think the same as Derekku and I would say that... nah... if someone is really getting on someone else's nerves he'll get a /ignore for sure. But it'd like a higher limit too. I mean right after it was limited to 200.... it would be an interesting number to see how many ppl had to remove how many friends :/ Together I bet it would be easily higher than 1000...
Kyonko Hizara
Why do you need 500 friends anyway?

I am quite happy with the few I have, thank you very much sir
peppy
I have increased the limit to 250, but this is as high as I'm willing to go for now.