forum

Problems with skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Venlin
Hello.
I have a problem with some skins. Sometimes they go beyond the screen.For example, the big OSU button(in the list of maps) is visible only not the most part, and other part "under a skin"(or panel where mods, a window with a profile, etc.) and the picture which has to be on the place of the button leaves screen borders. Similar situation during a pause or loss(if buttons are located close to screen borders).

Please tell me is there any way either to fix their forces. I was told that there may be a problem in my screen resolution(I have 1680x1050). If this might have something to do without buying a new monitor, help please.
Matt2e2
Skins generally tend to break on certain aspect ratios. That's why on most posts you'll find a download link for multiple aspect ratios (alternatively skins might include a replaceable version of selection-mode in an "extras" folder). Your resolution is in a 16:10 aspect ratio.
Topic Starter
Venlin

Matt2e2 wrote:

Skins generally tend to break on certain aspect ratios. That's why on most posts you'll find a download link for multiple aspect ratios (alternatively skins might include a replaceable version of selection-mode in an "extras" folder). Your resolution is in a 16:10 aspect ratio.

I understand if I have some skin loaded and I do not remember where it took, I'm unlikely to do something, right?
Matt2e2

Venlin wrote:

I understand if I have some skin loaded and I do not remember where it took, I'm unlikely to do something, right?

It really depends on the skin you downloaded. It either:
  1. doesn't have 16:10 support
  2. does have 16:10 support but it isn't mentioned in the name/post (idk)
  3. does have interchangeable elements for each aspect ratio

Hope that helps.
Topic Starter
Venlin

Matt2e2 wrote:

It really depends on the skin you downloaded. It either:
  1. doesn't have 16:10 support
  2. does have 16:10 support but it isn't mentioned in the name/post (idk)
  3. does have interchangeable elements for each aspect ratio

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I will find these skins in internet.