forum

Rising Nations 3 - ''5 digit osu! world cup''

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
omletto5
Welcome to Rising Nations 3!

RSN is an osu! Standard 4vs4 OWC-like tournament for players, that are far away from OWC eligibility. With this 4th iteration, we come back to the roots of the tournament: a 5 digit osu world cup like tournament.
Score System: Score v2
This tournament is for 5 digit players only. That means that the rank range is #10.000 - #99.999 with BWS applied (due to pp changes we will widen the rank range to #9.000).
Staff is not allowed to participate. An exception is made for commentators and streamers.
This is an international tournament, with players getting divided in teams based on their nationality.
The team cap is 32.
Format: Groups → Double Elimination
Please read the ruleset before joining this tournament.
Every player is REQUIRED to join the discord linked above.
Any questions? Please feel free to ask.

By signing up, you will automatically get assigned to the team of your nationality.
A country counts as registered, as soon as it has 6 players. The maximum player cap is 8.
The staff will choose one player to be the captain of the team. Be aware, that we do not just choose after rank, but also tourney experience, activity, etc.
In case a country gets more than 8 players, the captain will pick the other 7 players. He will start doing that as soon as the screening process is done. This process has to be done at least 2 days in advance of the schedule release.
In case of over registration, we will hold a qualifier round to determine the best 32 teams.
Please keep in mind, that we will not consider anything else, than the flag on your osu! profile.

1. Signup close / Screening: 10/02
  2. Roster, Schedule and Mappool reveal: 11/03
  3. Group Stage begin: 15/03

In case screening takes longer than a week, we will have to delay the start of groups by a little.

1st Place: Profile Badge (yet to be approved) & osu!support for the top 3 teams (uncertain amount)
Goose Hall
Crazily amazing
Vuelo Eluko
Why is staff not allowed ?
Or do you just mean the tournament staff, not osu! staff?
Even so seems a bit arbitrary
also wow
Topic Starter
omletto5

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Why is staff not allowed ?
Or do you just mean the tournament staff, not osu! staff?
Even so seems a bit arbitrary
also wow

Meant the tournament staff. So every ref, mappool selector, coordinator, etc. is ineligible for playing.
CocoSunshine
this is very cool
Kasumi-sama
use BWS or we'll already know winners lol epic
Olii

FayeurS 5 wrote:

^
Topic Starter
omletto5

FayeurS 5 wrote:

fixedd

Olii wrote:

FayeurS 5 wrote:

^

fixed
majoreh
sorry nega
Voss
Why is it different format to last year? I know a lot of people were looking forward to playing that again, such a shame.
moonpoint
soz nega
Topic Starter
omletto5

TopSp1n wrote:

Why is it different format to last year? I know a lot of people were looking forward to playing that again, such a shame.

The first two iterations were rank ranged just as this one. So this format was the original one.
I get where you are coming from, but when I hosted last years Rising Nations Winter, just as many people were looking foward (like you now) and got really sad when I opened it up for everyone except owc players, since they didn't have a chance to play anymore.

As it stands now I can say, that there will probably be another one with the ''all ranks, no owc players'' format later this year, so don't worry!
COOKIEZECKY
is this an out of season april fools joke
Topic Starter
omletto5

c00kiezecky wrote:

is this an out of season april fools joke

:sunglasses:
Jessechugaga
HOLY POGGERS
BaQuene
legoo
Dil-
lesgoo
CocoSunshine
so many signups already :o
SoonLive
Hype for this, it'd be my first tourny if I get in.
LoliVoiceASMR
good luck for everyone
I want to go in

but I'm just suck 5 digits
Mac
will the tourney be broadcasted? and if so can i get a link?
Telecastic
this is interesting :3c
Koni
hello people
Pepti
ima join this owo
minatoaqua1
I've never played a tourney before but I'll try
camellirite
can I join too? sounds fun
CocoSunshine

LethalCylinder wrote:

will the tourney be broadcasted? and if so can i get a link?

Matches will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/mmvv

camellirite wrote:

can I join too? sounds fun

If you are within the rank range ofc you can sign up c:
Haruki
What happens if you get to 4 digits after signing up?
Dogacado
lets do it boys
idkGG
Lets try Perú/
CCleanerShot
USA USA USA
Brainage
Excuse me while I grind offline until I'm as skilled as idke and then enter the tournament with my 5 digit rank.
mw2trickshoter
pog
show more