forum

Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi - I Remember

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 24 August 2012 at 00:36:46

Artist: Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi
Title: I Remember
Tags: Jacob D33d Mr Color
BPM: 133
Filesize: 13565kb
Play Time: 02:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. D33d's Hard (4.79 stars, 260 notes)
  2. Easy (1.09 stars, 94 notes)
  3. Insane (4.95 stars, 404 notes)
  4. Jacob's Normal (2.01 stars, 111 notes)
  5. Taikolor (4.94 stars, 908 notes)
Download: Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi - I Remember
Download: Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi - I Remember (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Who says I don't make hard maps?

Thanks to Deed for his lovely hard and Jacob for his lovely normal and Color for his lovely Taiko. All of the lovely.
D33d
This is quite a roast and it's fucking fun. You might want to lay off with some of the jumps, especially the massive one at the end. It'd help with reading rhythms. You might also want to get rid of the spinners or at least extend them. They sort of make me feel rushed when I spin them. You and your tiny spinners!

00:21:727- Mainly this. Try to extend it and have it land on the offbeat stab, with a finish. It sounds cool. Or just get rid of the spinner. Either way, this could feel much better.

00:29:171 (12,13,14,15)- Make the pattern move across the screen and possibly up at the end in a way which suits the riff. As it is, I feel that it doesn't guide me to the next pattern and threw me off for a while.

00:57:704- You might want to fashion a way to make a whistle land here. Maybe have a 1/4 stack as a stop or just have the slider start earlier/on the end of the stack? Ask if this needs clarifying. It just feels like the pattern's plodding through a distinct musical element.

01:01:426 (12,13)- This jump threw me off a lot. Not to get all polarity on you, but you might also want to connect (13) and (14) with a slider. The ticks would sound awesome and they'd hopefully make the rhythmic placement of (14) less ambiguous--it confused me. Initially, I couldn't decide if it was an especially large jump or an anti-jump.

01:23:306- Definitely not keen on this spinner. Again, cramped and stuff.

01:56:013- Come on, come on; make this stream less angular. It scares me. A lot. Dress it up with some hitsounds as well.

01:59:058- Same thing with the stab at 00:57:704-. It should feel better.

02:20:486- Yeah I'd make this less of a jump, despite the jumps before it. Making the spacing less drastic after this would make sense as well, because the rhythm's all flustered.
ziin
a;woiejr;oiajfv;ofja;f this song is so irregular.

[insane]
00:35:599 (9) - nazi stuffs
in general I thought more claps were in order. You got this ridiculously complicated rhythm going on with all these accents, and then you have 00:56:577 (5,6,7) - with just a whistle on 7. If you listen to the music, 5 is a pickup, 6 and 7 have accents. So why not put claps there? And everywhere where there's that particular part in the music?

[d33d]
you know what you did and what I said

[easy]
just a bit of stuff I consider "good form". The slider velocity is 2 on a high bpm, and when SV with high SV*bpm occurs, you get the ticks disappearing underneath the circles. IMO this looks terrible and should be avoided at all costs. It's a lot of work to fix, and might bump the easy out of the "range" of difficult you were looking for, so i doubt you need to fix it, but keep it in mind in the future. Other than that I didn't find anything that annoyed me.

no kd needed for my drunkmod.
Low
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
oh yeah should probably note mods that haven't been applied:

D33d wrote:

00:57:704- You might want to fashion a way to make a whistle land here. Maybe have a 1/4 stack as a stop or just have the slider start earlier/on the end of the stack? Ask if this needs clarifying. It just feels like the pattern's plodding through a distinct musical element. Done in the places where it doesn't result in me destroying the prettiest pattern ever. I can hear a ploddy 1/6 thing in the first chorus that I think it matches with pretty nicely, but maybe it's just me :<

01:01:426 (12,13)- This jump threw me off a lot. Not to get all polarity on you, but you might also want to connect (13) and (14) with a slider. The ticks would sound awesome and they'd hopefully make the rhythmic placement of (14) less ambiguous--it confused me. Initially, I couldn't decide if it was an especially large jump or an anti-jump. - Done on the first chorus for now. Hopefully by the second people know the rhythm :P

ziin wrote:

[easy]
just a bit of stuff I consider "good form". The slider velocity is 2 on a high bpm, and when SV with high SV*bpm occurs, you get the ticks disappearing underneath the circles. IMO this looks terrible and should be avoided at all costs. It's a lot of work to fix, and might bump the easy out of the "range" of difficult you were looking for, so i doubt you need to fix it, but keep it in mind in the future. Other than that I didn't find anything that annoyed me.

Mrhm, I don't really like tick overlapping either, but it was a toss up between that and a super high SV. Considered dropping the tick rate to 2 for the difficulty, but I try and avoid tick rate disparity because it produces atrocious score gaps
Thanks a lot for the difficulty, Jacob, it's cool~
Low
congaan
hi/
got it form #modreqs

add guest name to tags
why dont you use custom colours?
and no kiai time?

[Easy]
00:37:517 (1,2) - i think, this spacing is too far for beginner.it was hard a little for me. But I'm not beginner now, so i dont know.It depends on you.

[Normal]
00:24:321 - add circle
00:49:246 (2,3,4) - hmm,(2) starts at 00:49:359 ?
01:50:599 (2,3,4) - ^
01:13:832 (6) - delete circle, i feel better
01:21:050 (6) - ^
02:15:186 (6) - ^
I used not submitted file.Spinner and Kiai time were already fixed. Good normal diff, Jacob

[Hard]
00:30:411 - add circle ?
00:32:329 - ^
00:54:885 - delete gleen line
snap break time since Insane so

[Insane]
hehe, I give up modding. It was too hard to mod for me since there are many many 2 hits. 2 hits is my weak point...
here are just some suggestions, please recheck/
01:08:532 (11) - delete and 01:08:757 add circle
maybe this issue is not only here.If you agree with me, please recheck same part.
00:41:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you copy them sometimes, but i felt it was not good. please try to use "Ctrl+R" or "Ctrl+>" or "Ctrl+<" (6). i guess it become better.
00:39:885 (3,4,5) - make an equilateral triangle?
00:47:103 (3,4,5) - ^
not difficult map but OD8 was high for me orz

sorry my poor mod and English
Good Luck!
Low

congaan wrote:

[Normal]
00:24:321 - add circle No. I'm following the vocals here.
00:49:246 (2,3,4) - hmm,(2) starts at 00:49:359 ? I'm keeping it in 1/1 due to the previous 1/1 slider.
01:50:599 (2,3,4) - ^ ^
01:13:832 (6) - delete circle, i feel better It's to keep the flow going strong and steady.
01:21:050 (6) - ^ ^
02:15:186 (6) - ^ ^
I used not submitted file.Spinner and Kiai time were already fixed. Good normal diff, Jacob!
Thank you for modding. To RJ : A new version of my difficulty is in the last post that I made.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish

congaan wrote:

add guest name to tags oops
why dont you use custom colours? Because the default colours are cool
and no kiai time? Mrhm, maybe I'll add it to the ending later. I don't like using kiai too much, though.

[Easy]
00:37:517 (1,2) - i think, this spacing is too far for beginner.it was hard a little for me. But I'm not beginner now, so i dont know.It depends on you. Reshuffled the pattern and made it significantly more awesome

[Insane]
01:08:532 (11) - delete and 01:08:757 add circle I think the way it is now lines up better with the percussion. I'll think about it
00:41:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you copy them sometimes, but i felt it was not good. please try to use "Ctrl+R" or "Ctrl+>" or "Ctrl+<" (6). i guess it become better. I ususally don't vertically/180 flip sections unless I'm specifically going down the rotational road, since the playfield has a vertical asymmetry, I use vertical height to denote musical changes a lot and most of my symmetrical patterns are left/right focused
00:39:885 (3,4,5) - make an equilateral triangle? The way it vertically lines up now is cute, and the spacing is only broken a little
Thanks for the moood~
Cyclohexane
And, here be my Taiko for this. Quite hard and technical, but the slow bpm makes it easier. Very interesting song to map.
http://puu.sh/ExpF
D33d
I'd advise against kiai in this. The whole song feels so continuous that nothing stands out enough in order to warrant it. That said, we could have a go at abusing kiai fountains in some parts. It could be cool!

congaan wrote:

[Hard]
00:30:411 - add circle ? Good suggestion, but I'm afraid not. I wanted to break up the phrases like this.
00:32:329 - ^ Same here.
00:54:885 - delete gleen line It doesn't affect anything, but I'll let RJ worry about that.
snap break time since Insane so I'd love to, but you should be able to see that the slider's end is too close to the next bar for this to work. I'd change the slider for one or two circles, but I prefer the pattern with the slider. However, I might change my mind about this.
RJEdit: Merged yo' double post
Low
Hello, hello. I'm modding your flawless maps and stuff!

General

There's a bunch of unsnapped circles and sliders in all of the difficulties. oh no

Easy

00:51:050 (3) - I know that this is an easy difficulty, but this sounds so damn awkward on a white tick with a finish. Perhaps you could make one long slider from where (2) is to where the vocals are.
01:35:261 (1) - It seems that you forgot to add a finish at the end of this slider!
01:52:403 (4) - Same thing as my first suggestion.

Jacob's Normal

I'll be applying some major changes to this soon.

D33d's Hard

01:35:261 (5) - A finish totally doesn't fit on this slider.
Fabulous.

Insane

Flawless.

Oh lord. Your maps are awesome
D33d
That finish totally fits, but I'll leave it up to RJ to decide that. Also, have a slightly updated diff with barely noticeable things.
Low
Low
riffy

love me forever and mod my map (22, i mean)

[General]
same tags for al diffs (Taiko)
mp3's end is just silince. cut it maybe?

[Taikolor]
00:23:080 (1) - D?

[Easy]
maybe HP Drain - 1 (to make map more playable, imo)
00:30:298 (1,2,3) - nazi: ctrl + r for more consistent spacing?
00:51:501 (1) - finish here fits much better, imo?

[Jacob's Normal]
AR can't go more than 5, right? (http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal )
00:51:501 (1) - finish or ckap (i prefer clap) here fits pretty good?
01:11:351 (4) - to make it more readable put NC here? (it breaks your pattern, but it makes More readable map, so fix it, please)
01:18:569 (4) - ^ (same for all SV-changes? :3)

[Hard]
same ar as Normal? try at least 7 (more common for hard diffs and also plays better, imo)

[Insane]
AWESOME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE THIS MAP :O
Cyclohexane

-Bakari- wrote:

[Taikolor]
00:23:080 (1) - D? There is, in fact, a D here.
To RJ: Made some fixes on my own. I still don't know if you're taking the taiko or not though lol
Aurele
Mhm, Mr Color isn't in the tags. I think you should add it.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Okay totally updated this now. Love you forever, Bakari~

Your Taiko is super cool by the way, Color. Liking the use of kats on the chorus stabs.
Cyclohexane
Oh thanks RJ.
I'll see if I can find people who can mod it.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.