forum

We can control our dreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vish024
Apparently gaming before bedtime allows us to control our dreams. Only discovered this today.

Discuss?
Pokebis
I have poor luck with lucid dreaming.
I can become lucid, but my mind seems to work against me. One of the most notable examples is I was heading somewhere in a car and I thought "hey, this is a dream; I should teleport there!" Instead the car was driven into a swamp.

I do recall experiencing a 3rd person dream when I was a child. I was only a few years old and the dream took place in a waterpark. After the dream I asked my parents if you could only see through your eyes.

In regards to the article, it makes sense. Although, I don't think a direct line could really be shown. "Gamers" get generalized too much. Let's say you just play osu!. What sort of alternate reality are you playing in? How could that correlate into a dream?
Azure_Kite
OH MY GOD, CIRCLES WITH APPROACH CIRCLES IRL. I SHOULD CLICK THESE WITH MY... WHAT? NO MOUSE? THIS MUST BE A DREAM.
Luzcyfer
No, you can't; i already saw the light and woke up from this matrix that copyright laws are trying to create.

I have the chan spirit............... OH GOD WHY!!!!!!
Pokebis
wut
PROGUY

Pokebis wrote:

In regards to the article, it makes sense. Although, I don't think a direct line could really be shown. "Gamers" get generalized too much. Let's say you just play osu!. What sort of alternate reality are you playing in? How could that correlate into a dream?
Maybe it's the rhythm and direction of the song, which is based on how it's mapped. It could also possibly include other elements in the song as well.

Azure_Kite wrote:

OH MY GOD, CIRCLES WITH APPROACH CIRCLES IRL. I SHOULD CLICK THESE WITH MY... WHAT? NO MOUSE? THIS MUST BE A DREAM.
wat
awp

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Apparently gaming before bedtime allows us to control our dreams. Only discovered this today.

Discuss?
I played Diablo 3 until 4am the other night and it didn't do shit

I didn't even dream of pink rainbow unicorns
Mara
I see too many dreams where I play video games.

And I always win, like in real life.
Shellghost
I get mmorpg nightmares after playing one for a while, I'm always being spawn camped inside safe zones non-stop and in the dream it's just the most horrible thing.
silmarilen
if this was true i would be controlling my dreams every night.
vizzy
The only partially-lucid dreaming I've done was when I was a kid.

I had a dream that I was on a mission to kill a snake but couldn't kill it. Playing James Bond and pressing the button to look at your watch back in the day allowed you to pause it.

So in my dream I was scared of the snake and forced myself to look at my watch and then I woke up.
Luzcyfer

Pokebis wrote:

wut
Read between lines, dude ;)

ON: The only dream i wanna be induced will be something like the finale of moeru nekketsu! blablabla. ouendaaaaaan, but this thread isn't about that.
bomber34
I can control my dreams.
But only if i see something that reminds me THAT it is a dream. Something that won't happen in RL.
I got that after LANs when i am very tired after those nonstop gaming marathons, because the dreams are mostly about something from video games mixed with real life stuff.