forum

Torrent of all ranked, approved, and loved mapsets

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
G3T

Introduction

This is a collection of every single ranked, approved, and loved mapset that the osu!api currently recognises (as of about 2019-01-15). It contains roughly 70k maps in 20k sets taking up about 160 GiB of space.

Download Links

Torrent file.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ozwiuttw3magdkihr6madbw72kqhknjs

Collection Structure

At the top level the collection is sorted into folders by the game-modes present in the mapsets. Within these folders the mapset archives (osz files) have been further archived by month.

The mapset archives have been named as per what you would get if they were downloaded from the osu! website to minimise potential folder doubling in the Songs folder on import.

Collection Verification

I'm distributing this collection because, to the best of my knowledge, there does not currently exist a complete, up-to-date, and well verified collection of all leaderboarded beatmaps. The collection has been pieced together from other previous packs as well as from the osu! website using a tool that I wrote.

This collection has been programmatically verified against the osu!api and I can thus say that every .osu file is up to date and present (as of about 2019-01-15). I cannot however verify that all other assets such as songs, backgrounds, videos, etc. as I have been unable to find a central source to use for verification.

I have also verified that every .osz and zip archive they are contained within correctly extracts.

Planned Updates

I plan to update this at some point when I have the time.

Tips for importing the maps into the client

First and foremost EXTRACT THE OSZ FILES ONTO THE SAME DRIVE AS YOUR OSU! CLIENT. The client moves osz files to the osu!/Songs folder before extracting them and if you extract the osz's to a different drive it will have to copy all of them which greatly extends import times and tends to lock up the osu! client.

To actually extract the osz files from the per-month archives they're in I would recommend using 7-zip. If you are using 7-zip then you should be able to drag select all of the zips in a folder and then right click -> 7-zip -> Extract files... to bring up an extraction window. You may need to fiddle with the settings to prevent it from placing the oszs into folders based upon archive name.

Errors & Changelog

If you find any errors within the collection please report them to me, preferably in this thread.

Changelog

• 2019-01-15
  1. Initial upload.
Vuelo Eluko
Awesome job, I'm gonna hit it up as I've been looking for a good chance/excuse to get something like this and my current 20gbs of maps that i have accrued slowly over 5 yrs in spectating, multiplayer, and searching random songs I like could use a cortisol shot because I feel like I play the same stuff nonstop even though 12k beatmaps is a lot on paper.

I'll seed some too; at least til february as I've got about 800gb of bandwidth left for the month.
Yolshka
bookmarkd
worst fl player
Nice one

By any chance are you able to send me a torrent of all std maps only.
Topic Starter
G3T

RingSystem wrote:

By any chance are you able to send me a torrent of all std maps only.

In most torrent clients you can choose which files/folders you want to download. The files are organised such that you can just disable all of the folders that don't contain standard maps.
Vuelo Eluko
something else fun might also be to include all unranked maps with a certain number of favorites like >=10 or 20 to screen out most of the total junk ones.

out of my current pool of 12k maps, about 3000 are pending (unranked), and nearly 1000 are unsubmitted. I have so many cool now dead maps that have been taken down for one reason or another by the mapper that I should reupload someday...

Just mentioning because some of my favorite maps to play that I own aren't ranked or even loved.
Topic Starter
G3T

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

something else fun might also be to include all unranked maps with a certain number of favorites like >=10 or 20 to screen out most of the total junk ones.

I like the idea, but as far as I can tell the api doesn't expose an easy method for grabbing a list of unranked maps. The more sources of metadata I can find the more I'll be able to do.
Sosteneshion
Geez! Thx for the upload <3
Piscius
---------------------------
Error
C:\Users\**PC NAME**\Desktop\Standard\2016-05.zip
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
OK

even with 7zip this happens...
Topic Starter
G3T

Piscius wrote:

Error
C:\Users\**PC NAME**\Desktop\Standard\2016-05.zip
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
OK

even with 7zip this happens...

Delete and redownload that zip. My own copy and a friends both appear to extract fine, so it's likely something's gone awry with the download or possibly a disk issue.
Vuelo Eluko
Still alive right?
Topic Starter
G3T

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Still alive right?

Yeah, full January update on the weekend, and I've still got a seedbox behind it.

Edit: Taking slightly longer than expected as I'm deliberating over the best way to update it, and have had to come up with some new tooling and procedures to actually do the update. Apologies for the delay.
NoodlePains
No peers makes it super slow. 5w to download :(
pate194800
This torrent was alive yesterday but the only peer who had 100% reset its progress before I could download it :( If someone still has this, please seed! Thank you.
ShOOkk -eth
Yeah, looks like the torrent is dead now. Can someone please seed if they have the file?
Topic Starter
G3T
Here's a Google Drive link for now. Not sure how many downloads it'll allow before it gets blocked, can't seed the torrent w/o a seed box and I don't have the time to manage that right now.