1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

those wrote:

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
??? Seriously?

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to being spectated. Obviously, spectators are spectating because they want to see some entertaining play from you, and so if you play badly, of course you'd feel bad. There's nothing he said that implies arrogance. If anything, the fact you're calling him out on it says more about you than it does about him.
posted
When playing normally... [Normal]/[Hard] maps are a lot more pressuring than insanes because on insanes it's like "missed a note halfway in? whatever lol I'm happy to even have managed to clear this far with a combo", and on [Hard] it's like... eyeing the accuracy meter during every single slider and 1/1 "break", checking if I accidentally had a 100. I think it all boils down to how much you expect from yourself?

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
posted

Aqo wrote:

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
osu! nice guy

I used to get this too, until I turned my spectator list off and just stopped caring. It was getting into the way of my enjoying of this game, taking into consideration that I constantly have spectators.
posted
I'd love to constantly have spectators like you top players :P having audience would make playing more exciting (that's the right word. Not pressuring). I only get specs when playing famous/hard maps and when nobody else is online at the same hour or something...

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
posted
^^

enjoy the game, thats all
posted

Aqo wrote:

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
KEEP PLAYIN' AND DON'T GIVE A FUCK
posted

silmarilen wrote:

yes

no
posted

xsrsbsns wrote:

Very often.

Even worse with spectators.
this
posted
Started getting spectators pretty often when my rank went below 1000, I can't do **** when spectated, lol. I also get misses while trying to read spectator's nickname, which gets me even more nervous XD
posted
Prime example from me of getting all jittery was screwing up a #1 run on kors k vs L.E.D. - Solid State Squad (yeahyeahyeahhh's one) where I screwed up the end on that and just gave up caring.

I'm an exhibitionist so I LOVE SPECTATORS.
... that's a joke by the way.
posted
I wouldn't mind having spectators, though I tend to get nervous in times when I keep struggling to FC and/or get a better accuracy in maps that I have trouble with. Hard maps and mods mostly. Too many spectators (Over 10) can be considered overkill as well.
posted
First off...

those wrote:

"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
Stupid assumption is stupid. No one ever said they were good so they have to do well... It's a natural reaction to want to do well when someone is speccing you it doesn't mean you are saying you are amazing.

Back OT: I used to get nervous but it just kind of went away. In fact, I do better now when I get spectators as long as they aren't the kind that point out every miss or 100 you get.

GladiOol wrote:

I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
This as well.
posted

sCam wrote:

No it dosen't happen to me. I don't get spectators :/

and I don't spam /np to my friends, that's annoying.

Though, I'll admit, I have some "friends" who I secretly mark them as rivals, and when I see them passing a map I can't do, I root for them to fail.
not sure if I should be concerned here or not :O

OT: I get really nervous or even distracted when someone spectates me mid game. I don't set records often though so whatever.
posted
:x
posted
i always get nervous when i nearly FC it....and before the song end i will get a slider break or miss...
spectators will make my hand shaking and miss miss miss.... :lol:
posted
I found that I care so much less about my ranking and stuff when I realize that it isn't really important...how much stuff do you have goin' on outside of this game? Because of what I do mostly every day, playing Osu is a cakewalk haha
posted
its funny how 2 very simple questions turned into such a discussion
posted

saymun wrote:

Oh and another question to the mouse players...Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
I have more trouble moving my mouse sideways. Moving it up and down requires the outer fingers to expand and contract, whereas moving it sideways requires the whole wrist movement, which should naturally be more difficult.
posted

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

Oh and another question to the mouse players...Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
I have more trouble moving my mouse sideways. Moving it up and down requires the outer fingers to expand and contract, whereas moving it sideways requires the whole wrist movement, which should naturally be more difficult.
^ Pretty much This.
posted
I'm almost always nervous when i play and very concentrated ^^
First try, miss... well i'll do better next one
2nd, 3th, 4th fail... dis map is kinda hard !
10th try... *#°)& dafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuq !

But usually i don't give up when i know i can do it ^^ Except when i brainlag, do stupid misses, do not feel comfortable when playing and stop playing cus i'm not in the mood anymore XD
show more
Please sign in to reply.