Does this happen to you?

posted
Total Posts
84
show more
Misao

saymun wrote:

I always get nervous to the point my arms and fingers get really stiff and tingly as if i can't move them the way i want. Always happens when I pass my old ranks or know I'm going to get onto the top40 and end up stuffing up really badly (get a lot of 100s at the end) or missing completely
this.
Jordan

Piotrekol wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
this.
Milkshake

Piotrekol wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
this.
Gabi
saymun, i can't believe your last map was daydream syndrome, please map more T_T
CXu

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

But yeah, I always get nervous at the end. I have so many last note misses because of that. It looks so silly to get a top 6 score with an A rank

):
This.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/95149

fml
Right. http://osu.ppy.sh/b/66514
A on this map has been haunting me for over a year ;_;
Topic Starter
saymun

Gabi wrote:

saymun, i can't believe your last map was daydream syndrome, please map more T_T
I've got a couple that I've made but never submitted because I didn't really like them... Also i got that one map in pending that I've been too lazy to get people to mod so its just gathering dust..

Hanyuu wrote:

Spectators also make me nervous when i try to practice or clear a hard song. Im allways thinking they are either wtf or disappointed.. I also have the display turned off allways because of that so i dont think to much about it and just pay attention to the song more. :)
It makes me feel bad when i miss as well when people a spectating. Like i'm wasting their time because they're not going to see anything amazing anytime soon
those

saymun wrote:

It makes me feel bad when i miss as well when people a spectating. Like i'm wasting their time because they're not going to see anything amazing anytime soon
This just proves your arrogance, by the way.
thelewa

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

It makes me feel bad when i miss as well when people a spectating. Like i'm wasting their time because they're not going to see anything amazing anytime soon
This just proves your arrogance, by the way.
What.
those

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
Mukku

those wrote:

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
What.
XGeneral2000

those wrote:

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
??? Seriously?

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to being spectated. Obviously, spectators are spectating because they want to see some entertaining play from you, and so if you play badly, of course you'd feel bad. There's nothing he said that implies arrogance. If anything, the fact you're calling him out on it says more about you than it does about him.
Aqo
When playing normally... [Normal]/[Hard] maps are a lot more pressuring than insanes because on insanes it's like "missed a note halfway in? whatever lol I'm happy to even have managed to clear this far with a combo", and on [Hard] it's like... eyeing the accuracy meter during every single slider and 1/1 "break", checking if I accidentally had a 100. I think it all boils down to how much you expect from yourself?

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
thelewa

Aqo wrote:

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
osu! nice guy

I used to get this too, until I turned my spectator list off and just stopped caring. It was getting into the way of my enjoying of this game, taking into consideration that I constantly have spectators.
Aqo
I'd love to constantly have spectators like you top players :P having audience would make playing more exciting (that's the right word. Not pressuring). I only get specs when playing famous/hard maps and when nobody else is online at the same hour or something...

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
Hanyuu
^^

enjoy the game, thats all
Milkshake

Aqo wrote:

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
KEEP PLAYIN' AND DON'T GIVE A FUCK
Aoko

silmarilen wrote:

yes

no
Sieg

xsrsbsns wrote:

Very often.

Even worse with spectators.
this
Amefuri Koneko
Started getting spectators pretty often when my rank went below 1000, I can't do **** when spectated, lol. I also get misses while trying to read spectator's nickname, which gets me even more nervous XD
ampzz
Prime example from me of getting all jittery was screwing up a #1 run on kors k vs L.E.D. - Solid State Squad (yeahyeahyeahhh's one) where I screwed up the end on that and just gave up caring.

I'm an exhibitionist so I LOVE SPECTATORS.
... that's a joke by the way.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply