forum

Accuracy has gone downhill quick

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
3p1cModZZ
I don't know why, but for the last couple weeks I have just stopped being able to hold a combo, and I miss on notes even when I hover over them at. I've tried going back to playing slower maps to try and improve accuracy but I can't play 3* maps anymore because they're too slow, and now 4* maps I can't hold combos or keep good accuracy on a majority of them. Even the ones I can keep a good combo one I get poor accuracy, and the ones I get good accuracy on I can't hold combo and it's been incredibly frustrating. I tried taking a week break and come back only to be even worse than I was before even after warming up for a bit. I've tried looking directly at the notes I'm hitting and that helped improve accuracy a bit but I couldn't hold combo. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. All my top scores have crap accuracy now and I can't fix any of them anymore. I've looked at multiple other forum posts about trying to improve accuracy and none have helped. I organized all my maps into accuracy categories to try and improve the low accuracy ones, and I haven't gotten hardly any improvement.

TLDR: Accuracy has gotten worse, have stopped being able to hold combo, have been missing a lot more than I used to a few weeks ago.
Feylos
Perhaps it's a mind block kind of thing? I'd suggest playing longer maps, and trying to build up consistency. Mainly, as everyone else might say, play more. From the sounds of it, this won't be an easy fix.

3p1cModZZ wrote:

I miss on notes even when I hover over them at.

So, a couple things. Make sure you're paying attention to your cursor, and also, practice aiming to specifically the center of a circle. Experiment with smaller circle size maps, or whatever works for you.

Now as far as combo-ing is concerned, try to build up some consistency. Practice a lot of longer maps, maybe stop retrying hoping for the 'one' attempt that's miraculously better, and lastly just sightread a bunch of new maps.

For accuracy, if your hit error bar isn't on, turn it on asap. It helps pinpoint how early / late a hit might be for accuracy.

Tldr: play more (longer maps and smaller cs maps), turn on hit error bar, aim for center of circle
Daylight--
[deleted]
im flat
i went from 95% to 86% so uh yeah
UnnamedBeast

3p1cModZZ wrote:

I don't know why, but for the last couple weeks I have just stopped being able to hold a combo, and I miss on notes even when I hover over them at. I've tried going back to playing slower maps to try and improve accuracy but I can't play 3* maps anymore because they're too slow, and now 4* maps I can't hold combos or keep good accuracy on a majority of them. Even the ones I can keep a good combo one I get poor accuracy, and the ones I get good accuracy on I can't hold combo and it's been incredibly frustrating. I tried taking a week break and come back only to be even worse than I was before even after warming up for a bit. I've tried looking directly at the notes I'm hitting and that helped improve accuracy a bit but I couldn't hold combo. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. All my top scores have crap accuracy now and I can't fix any of them anymore. I've looked at multiple other forum posts about trying to improve accuracy and none have helped. I organized all my maps into accuracy categories to try and improve the low accuracy ones, and I haven't gotten hardly any improvement.

TLDR: Accuracy has gotten worse, have stopped being able to hold combo, have been missing a lot more than I used to a few weeks ago.

if you can't play 3* maps because they're too slow you should play 3* maps until you can read them. then move to 4*. also try to get 99% acc, what you're saying here is that your bad at reading. PLAY MAPS TO THE END, AND PLAY LONG MAPS

your top plays are easy to fix just play 3* until 99% acc and never retry.
Endaris
I wouldn't worry too much.
Your struggle has likely several reasons:
1. Your aim is developing and on harder maps it is always more difficult to maintain high accuracy when you have to focus a lot on holding combo.
2. You're getting to a point where maps actually start to have OD values that are not quite as trivial to get good accuracy on. Your FC on Alan Walker - Faded has only OD6 which is pretty easy to get good accuracy on while your current top play S3RL - I'll See You Again has OD8 which is commonly viewed as the first OD-level that is difficult to get good accuracy on.
3. Maps start to contain more and more 1/4 patterns. Doing these cleanly simply takes its time as you have to develop muscle memory in your tap hand. Especially single tappers often struggle with accuracy when these are introduced as they have to start using their second finger which takes time to get used to.
4. Combining the previous points, you're getting new top plays that have low accuracy. Your top 5 plays make up about 30% of your total pp (without bonus pp) and they are also accounting for your profile accuracy. The profile accuracy is calculated from your top plays and your top plays receive a similar weightage for acc as they do for pp. Getting a 99% play as your #1 at this point would improve your profile accuracy by 1% or more while getting a 99% play as your #50 would probably just affect the second decimal.

So overall, the early insane difficulties is where your accuracy will naturally see a drop.
It is important that you find out why it dropped and try to address these issues specifically. The stuff above is just a bunch of reasons I can imagine why your accuracy is "apparently" dropping.
Nourios
Play more 4* don't go back just to get better acc, it's just stupid.