1. Bubbleman - My respect for Bubble grows so much as time goes on. I don't even need to describe why this guy deserves to be called the best in the UK. His colossal efforts during OWC being the main point at hand along with countless amazing and even untouchable scores throughout the year. Bubble has won so many tournaments this year too, UKCC 4 (and 5,) YSC and 111u being the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. All in all he well and truly deserves #1.
2. Karthy (OPfuckingSwimmyJimmy) - HONESTYYYYYY. Jokes aside Karthy has been a monster in the global rankings, setting the PP record and being the first UK player to do so (I think,) also getting the first 900pp score in osu's history. As well as this he has set some other absolutely incredible scores this year, the most notable being his fc on Ascension to Heaven with HD and his endless amount of 800pp chokes.
3. Spare (Starnya) - Every year Spare shows why he's one of the best in the world, never mind the UK. This year he's continued to grow upon his consistency across the board. Not to mention his DT skill seemingly having no ceiling, setting too many insanely impressive DT scores to count. Along with his general consistency throughout tournaments this year it's safe to say Spare is definitely a top 3 UK player.
4. MoeYandere - Moe is easily high up on this list due to one thing: DT. He has had an outstanding year in terms of consistency with this mod and proving it on the biggest stage of all. For his first OWC he played like a seasoned veteran when it mattered, fcing DT picks in the grand finals like a champ. Along with this he's shown to be so proficient at fcing maps nearly nobody can even touch with DT.
5. SoraRoxas01 - The HR king of the UK. With all of the top UK players you see they're all consistent at one thing and for Kyle it's HR. He's been competing with the best for a long time and is still improving. His eye for the mod is incredible and he even almost set the UK's first 700pp score. All this while setting really impressive scores like Halcyon with HR, coming close to an fc too.
6. Doomsday - Dooms has been good for as long as I can remember and this year he showed everyone that he's not as washed up as people think . He's places highly in tournaments with fierce competition such as UKCC 5 and YSC, even knocking Apraxia out to take the third place in YSC. Plus if you add the fact that he's pushed even Bubbleman to his limits more than a couple of times in tournaments last year goes to show how great of a player he still is.
7. OPJames - What can I say?... James (in my opinion) is one of the best players to touch osu. He somehow is the laziest player I've ever seen while simultaneously being genuinely amazing. James has set such great plays over the course of 2018 and mostly in 1 or 2 tries. Such as Symphony of the Night +HDHR, Luminous Rage +HD (of which he's the only fc,) Senbonzakura +HDHR, the list just goes on.
8. Jameslike - James is just too good, easily the solid third or fourth best player on the UK squad for OWC with his impressive consistency, great skill with nomod and especially tech. He somehow keeps setting world class level tech plays that go under peoples noses all the time too.
9. TopSp1n - Ben Voss can keep a combo on some of the trickiest maps in the game, it's a talent of his which has produced some impressive Rank 1 and leaderboard scores. He has also improved enough to reach Top 10 in the UK rankings and currently resides at #8. Ben is also very consistent in terms of tournament play, being able to keep up and even surpass some of the best UK players at times.
10. Nega - Nega is one of the best 4 digits in the game today and is widely regarded so by many notable players. He specialises in old, tricky maps that not a lot of modern, and even top, players can play as well as he can. He's another one of the great UK tournament players that you can rely on to perform consistently well.
(Edit because I forgot Honorable Mentions)
Blubber, Wario, Woffel, majoreh, Harpy. I FORGOT BEST459.
(P.S: I'M SO SORRY for the massive fucking wall of text I wanted to give my reasons for why everybody was where they are)
It is genuinely next to impossible to rank UK players fairly because everyone at the very top is incredibly good at completely different things. As such, I'll be ranking people based on how good they are at their main area of play and bringing in aspects of other areas when I can't make a decision.
I'll also be clarifying why each player is ranked where.
Karthy has just exploded completely this year, grabbing #1 UK from me near the start of 2018 and building nearly 2000pp of lead over second place. His stamina has grown tremendously and his aim mechanics have only gotten better alongside it.
Spare can play anything. He's been less active this year than I think he'd like, but his speed, stamina, aim mechanics, acc and reading all come together to make him the most well rounded player this country could ever wish for. There's not too much more you can say.
Sora has rounded himself out tremendously this year. His mechanics are high tier and he is incredibly talented with HR and DT, as well as surprising people by also being able to play AR8 HD incredibly well. It'll be difficult to surpass him any time soon.
You cannot give this man a map he can't DT. Criminally overlooked, Moe can singletap ~320bpm+ and just doesn't shirk away from anything. After learning HD at the start of this year he racked up many impressive #1s and never lost his consistency on Nomod, HD or HR. Amongst the best DT players in the world, just don't ask him to play AR8 HD.
Tech is this guy's speciality, and just like Moe he's among the best in the world and often criminally overlooked. You will find a nomod score from James on any map you F2 to, oftentimes the first to get an FC. While his strengths all lie in Nomod, he sometimes pulls clutch FCs on other mods out of nowhere in tournaments so never count him out.
Doomsday is back on the upward swing, after an apparent slump of a few years. His tournament consistency is back in high gear, and despite dropping in rank hasn't lost his touch for playing anything you could ask him to. Well rounded still and as wholesome as he was 5 years ago he is the perfect example of a player who enjoys every moment he spends poking dots.
Who needs to see circles to click them? Some of the most unique HD #1 and some of the best consistency in the game are sported by James, who wasn't as active this year as many other players leading to some skill stagnation. Didn't make him any less dangerous in tournaments however.
The first new entry, my fellow welshie has shown some incredible consistency and some brilliant unique scores this year. Honestly not someone I expected to put on the list this year, he has a lot of potential to go far higher with his nomod skill.
A player I expected to be here, Bloo has continued to push his mechanics and is starting to round out into a player with a great amount of mod coverage. His mechanics are top notch and he has a lot of potential to be far higher next year.
Nega came back, gained some ranks, and then developed into one of the most technically advanced players in the UK. His reading is formidable and his tournament consistency stellar, so don't estimate his ability solely based on rank.
Blubber - DT stepping up, top 50 soon(tm) Wario - Still as good as he was, stream aim getting good Woffel - HR and acc and scary speed and stamina
There's nobody really up and coming that I predict will explode in skill in the next year, sadly.
Last edited by Bubbleman , edited 1 times in total.