forum

nostalgic burn

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
some guy in mp picked a wild deathstream map and i was in agony trying to play it, by the end the back of my hand hurt and the finger extensor muscles at the base of my forearm were burning, every time i flex them i can feel them individually pumping and kinda rubbing against one another. I haven't felt this burn since like 2015 when i was first building up my stamina, almost 3 yrs of atrophy in full effect cuz I haven't rly fked with stamina since coming back. End of blog.

how many of you guys know this burn? when was the last time you were a stamina noob? You don't build up these specific muscles from pretty much anything except osu! and a few esoteric forms of contact juggling so don't come @ me like you working out at the gym makes a difference.
levesterz
i got the muscle pain and cant move my smashing button hand for like 3 days . while on my hand controlling mouse is pain at the metacarpal.
ahh got to love that feeling that was like 6 years ago .
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
actually come to think of it there's also a thing some strongman/powerlifters or is it bodybuilders? do where they wrap a band around their hand and open their hand to stretch it as well but like I don't know what purpose this serves for such a person.. you'd think grip strength was everything to them not opening hand strength.

I bet it's for aesthetics.
Westonini
I don't play consistently, I'm pretty off-and-on. So every time I come back I always feel a bit rusty and may need to rebuild some stamina back.

Your rank is way higher than mine though so I'm sure I've never experienced insane streams and shit like you have.
Serraionga
you can get rid of the burn if you Play More™,

Best Regards,
Sub
Penguin
This is better in G&R, but oh well.

I get this burn everytime I retrain my stamina. It doesn't really last for too long though. After a few days of stamina training, I'm back to my old speeds and such, with some improvement as well.
Aiseca
It's always better if you don't force yourself too much on hitting all of it if you can't, you can always practice anytime and make your skill refining a bit more enjoyable and comfortable.

PS,: standard stream converts to mania sometimes are terrible :/
abraker
force yourself through death and beyond- be the hero we always wanted but never deserved
Endaris

abraker wrote:

force yourself through death and beyond- be the hero we always wanted but never deserved

it is so ironic to read this in context with Bassist Vinyl
Quibbly

abraker wrote:

It's the middle of January what's with the santa hat still?
Serraionga
one does not simply suggest abarker to change his avatar
abraker
My santa hat is a magic hat-- The more you ask me to take it off the longer it stays on.
levesterz
thats a santa hat ? i always though its a wilted ice cream cone .
abraker
you are welcome to eat it and find out
could be an ice cream santa hat for all you know
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Aiseca wrote:

It's always better if you don't force yourself too much on hitting all of it if you can't, you can always practice anytime and make your skill refining a bit more enjoyable and comfortable.

PS,: standard stream converts to mania sometimes are terrible :/
Eh, I disagree, I think as long as the pain is localized in red tissue such as the muscles in the base of the forearm you are clear to keep going until you can't bare it and will only benefit in the long term. It's no good giving yourself RSI though of course, it's worth remembering the entire hand is essentially nothing more than an elaborate machine made of connective tissue and bones, and to heed any pain you experience there since you can cause permanent damage to it if you're careless.
ColdTooth
Sorry I'm trash at the game.