forum

I need to stop playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Derplax
I'm not sure if this the right place but, sorry if it's not.

osu! Has been slowly ruining my life not only do I pour all my time into it I can't seem to think about much else. Is there anyway to stop all memes aside.

Edit "uninstall" won't work it's like telling a coke addict to throw away his drugs. He'll eventually break and do more.
Justified
Uninstall the game?
Nigrod
I mean you could break your computer but thats kinda expensive. But you could uninstall the game and then block the website through your router if you want. If you don't want to do those two things just play another game and don't open osu for a week. If you do that then you might not feel the urge to play osu! If osu! is ruining your life you really just need to stop. If it's also ruining you mentally i would look into some sort of professional help.
Apple_iFry
I stopped playing osu! for a while by taking into a hobby, or more precisely focusing on one that I already do. I continued doing programming and learning a ton of new and interesting things that I could do with it!

I managed to quit for a good 2-3 months before I got bit by the osu! bug again. But I'm sure that was just because my internet cut out and I couldn't test my project so I searched for games to play, and poof, there osu! was.
CatzerTM
i usually limit how long i would play the game which is around 2-4 hours on average. i would take a break,chat with friends if possible play other games to take my mind of osu in case i might get too caught up in it then come back for another 2-4 hours after about a 3 hours break. that's what i usually do on weekends.
abraker
email support to scramble your password if uninstalling the game is not good enough to keep you away.
and if you fear you are going to do password recovery, then a permanent way to lock yourself out forever would be changing your recovery email to a throwaway one.
Brainage

abraker wrote:

email support to scramble your password if uninstalling the game is not good enough to keep you away.
and if you fear you are going to do password recovery, then a permanent way to lock yourself out forever would be changing your recovery email to a throwaway one.

Or he could just request for his account or even his email that he uses for osu! to be deleted

Anyway OP, you should come on the forums more. It's a really nice place and 99.9% of us are nice people. Just remember this one thing: no-one in off-topic will take you seriously. Absolutely no-one. The entire subforum is shitposts at this point in time so if you're into that then be my guest and shitpost away.

Or if you'd rather do something productive, take up something computer-related like programming. If you want to take up programming, I would highly recommend you use the Unity Engine to get started. It's a 2D and 3D game engine and is compatible with JavaScript and C# and it's fun making a bunch of shit even if you're not good at it.

But yeah, there's a shit ton to do besides playing osu! or even video games in general.
extrasensory
Quitting is not a thing you just do, I like your comparison with the coke addict, as it accurately depicts how you will get away from osu!.
You won't just quit and never come back, you will go bit by bit, so slightly decreasing the amount you play week by week or even day by day will eventually lead you to your goal.
There is also nothing wrong with deciding to still play the game, however you should make sure not to play it too much.
Another thing you can try is just finding other things that interest you, spending your time doing something productive or whatever. All in all keeping things at a healthy dose over the day goes a long way.
Tad Fibonacci
Just have self control and stop playing?
Winnyace
in a way, I wish I could be obsessed with anything since then I wouldn't care so much how I do x or y thing in that topic.

idk how to answer to ya bud. Maybe self-control yourself? idk.
Meah
Find a demanding girlfriend
Penguin
Last active: about 16 hours ago

seems like he already relapsed :o
abraker

Brainage wrote:

Or he could just request for his account or even his email that he uses for osu! to be deleted
I thought ppy doesn't delete accounts, but rather makes them inaccessible.
Brainage

abraker wrote:

Brainage wrote:

I thought ppy doesn't delete accounts, but rather makes them inaccessible.

Whatever then, he can still deactivate the email account he uses for his osu! account, therefore making it accessible.