forum

Mouse players: Type of surface you use for playing osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
NixXSkate
i use my wood desk
Papi Bear

NixXSkate wrote:

i use my wood desk
djjsixpack
some crappy mouse pad from Old Navy, my sister got it for me years back.

Espionage724
I have a cheap common cloth mousepad. I used to use a piece of wood as my mouse surface and I really liked how my mouse glided on it.

In the future I might buy Gaming Mouse Pad (Black) from Amazon
RaneFire
Razer Goliathus Control.
Bought it before I started osu! though, but I prefer it over a speed pad. Thick weave and high friction means any build up of hand salsa in certain areas (flaking skin, grease and dust) doesn't affect playing at all.
This one is a preference choice though.
Frizz

RusselG wrote:

shitty $2 mousepad from seaworld here

What mouse is that, it looks a lot like DeathAdder to me.

RaneFire wrote:

Razer Goliathus Control.
Bought it before I started osu! though, but I prefer it over a speed pad. Thick weave and high friction means any build up of hand salsa in certain areas (flaking skin, grease and dust) doesn't affect playing at all.
This one is a preference choice though.
I used to use that as well. But the truth is, the Control one has less friction than the Speed does (yes, I've tried Speed edition). I guess that's because it touches the mouse much less than Speed does. But then I prefer SteelSeries QcK now since it provides smoother glide than Razer Goliathus Control.

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Btw does buying a good mouse mean I need a good pad? I may get a new mouse today.
Nope. But if you want a better glide on your mouse then it's a must.
BulldozA
i find any wood surface with some sort of gloss and my wireless mirosoft mouse tends to teleport (only in osu O.o)
RaneFire

Frizz925 wrote:

I used to use that as well. But the truth is, the Control one has less friction than the Speed does (yes, I've tried Speed edition). I guess that's because it touches the mouse much less than Speed does. But then I prefer SteelSeries QcK now since it provides smoother glide than Razer Goliathus Control.
That's weird. Suppose there's other factors like grip, downward force and design of mouse feet? Because it definitely feels higher friction than a speed pad to me and I've also tried both.

And also I didn't get a control for a stable glide, I got it because I wobble my mouse cursor. I was more interested reaching a complete stop after a fast acceleration of the hand, rather than smoothness, which I do not have an problems with after playing a game like quake 3 defrag, in which "cpm strafe" is all about "smooth movement".
Joof
o.o . I use an old Hard gaming mousepad. o: . It has like a grainy texture, I dunno how to explain it. But it has two surfaces on each side, one grainy, and one smooth. All I know is one is better for control.
Anzo
Sanya-printed cloth mousepad, and a plain one. (Both affects my mouse movement)
Maneuver
Razer Goliathus Speed, it feels good in smooth acceleration of mouse movement and smooth stopping rather than hard acceleration and hard stopping. Also, the mouse cable drag on the pad + a lot more friction....
Azure_Kite
an old tattered Mouse Pad. I intend to get a new, larger one soon.
Topic Starter
krndude
My SteelSeries QcK that I ordered a few days ago just came in. It's pretty sweet but I feel I'm going to have to adjust the sensitivity; it's going to need more. I usually play at 1.6x sensitivity when playing on paper but I might have to go to 1.7x or 1.8x with this pad, which isn't a bad thing. Just going to take some getting used to.
RusselG

Frizz925 wrote:

What mouse is that, it looks a lot like DeathAdder to me.
well it's by McSaite obviously, grabbed it from dealextreme for $8.50

doesn't have a model name
SoND
I have to use a piece of matt grey card, it's the back piece of a file block of paper.

I can't find any other surface that works reliably, mouse pads/desks/paper don't work at all.

It's a low cost optical mouse I'm using.
BeatofIke
I use computer paper as my mouse pad XD
It actually not that bad. I couldn't pass gold dust without it XD
Random I know, but it helps.
Winshley
When I first started, I never used a mousepad. I played on a wooden table when I'm still using desktop PC.

But when I started to bring a laptop (not mine, but my sister's... ;_;) and traveled around, I'm having trouble playing it on various surfaces since different surface gives different experience. Some surface makes the mouse movement too fast and some makes it too slow, so I have to adjust in-game mouse speed multiplier between 0.7× to 1.2×.

After my bro bought Razer Goliathus Ω (Control edition) mousepad, I started playing with it and it really gives a whole different level of experience. This is where I started to think that I should get myself a mousepad as well. So far I still yet to have one even until now.

Now that I'm back to my hometown, I can only play this game at Internet Café. The Internet Cafe has Razer Mantis (Speed edition) and it almost has no difference of experience to my bro's mousepad.

I also am having trouble playing this game with different mouses, some are cheapo (and might not work on certain surfaces) and sometimes borrowed my bro's Razer Abyssus for fast spinning. I'm thinking of getting 2 mouses: Logitech M125 and any gaming mouse (preferably Razer). The Internet Café has different mouses as well, so I have to be picky on choosing a PC with Logitech M100 mouse, as other mouses somehow has built-in Mouse Cursor Precision mode (despite it being Logitech mouse as well). lol
XPJ38
I have a SteelSeries Qck but I primarily play directly on my wooden desk.
California
i use a plastic mousepad :/
hissatsugirl
i use a kyogre mousepad... = w=