forum

[resolved] Osu! direct is not playing the song preview

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
felli99
Greetings circle clicker,

Since i got my new Pc up and running, osu! direct is not playing any song previews. I checked the effect volume and tried everything I can imagine. There is also no chat link preview. It doesn't bother me that much but I'd like to fix it anyway.

I've also got a problem with currently 2 beatmaps that don't play the music, I can just hear the hitsounds but the music doesn't start playing, neither ingame, selection or online in my browser.

#1: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1785#osu/21010
#2: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/30252#osu/99981

thanks for your help!
Death
What audio output device are you using?

I'm assuming the mp3 files in those maps actually exist in their respective beatmap folders. Are you able to play them and listen to them normally (like you would with any other mp3)?
Topic Starter
felli99

Death wrote:

I'm assuming the mp3 files in those maps actually exist in their respective beatmap folders. Are you able to play them and listen to them normally (like you would with any other mp3)?

Just playing the .mp3 file works just fine
Death

Death wrote:

Depending on the output device you are using, there may be setting that allows you to toggle virtual surround sound, or other effects. Those should be turned off. Generally that is the reason why some previews don't play in osu!direct.

Not sure why they wouldn't be playing in-game (that normally doesn't happen), but perhaps doing that will fix it as well.
Topic Starter
felli99

Death wrote:

Depending on the output device you are using, there may be setting that allows you to toggle virtual surround sound, or other effects. Those should be turned off. Generally that is the reason why some previews don't play in osu!direct.

Not sure why they wouldn't be playing in-game (that normally doesn't happen), but perhaps doing that will fix it as well.

Sorry for the late reply.. I'm using the Razer Kraken Pro but i don't know where I could find these settings :/
Death
Maybe somewhere in Synapse?

You could also try disabling any audio enhancements through Windows' sound settings. There's generally also an option for virtual surround sound in there among other things. Find Sound in your control panel, double click on your output device in the Playback tab, then click on the Enhancements tab.
Topic Starter
felli99
Ok after everything didn't worked I wanted to make a video to present the problem... When I watched the video I somehow could hear the osu! direct preview AND the missing sound in "U.N. Owen Was Her?" (but only in the recorded video). But now I really don't know how to fix it. Synapse doesn't support the old Kraken Pro and all the enhancements were disabled already... Maybe you know something now that I figured that out..
bryanpedini
Hello,
I just came on this topic because I was having the same issue and I after reading Death's post about virtual surround audio and stuff like that, I just discovered that on Windows 10, with my pair of Logitech G430, with Osu! version b20181231.2, enabling spatial audio and virtual 7.1 surround fixes my issue; and being an IT tech, I seriously don't know the hell why... (all tho, it's Windows, are you still surprised about anything Windows related?)
Hope to have helped, see you next time;
~ Bryan.
Topic Starter
felli99

BJPGVITA wrote:

Hello,
I just came on this topic because I was having the same issue and I after reading Death's post about virtual surround audio and stuff like that, I just discovered that on Windows 10, with my pair of Logitech G430, with Osu! version b20181231.2, enabling spatial audio and virtual 7.1 surround fixes my issue; and being an IT tech, I seriously don't know the hell why... (all tho, it's Windows, are you still surprised about anything Windows related?)
Hope to have helped, see you next time;
~ Bryan.

Thank you so much! It worked just as I enabled it... Happy as hell :)