forum

[Archived] Changing main download Browser for multiplayer osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kompetenzz

Changing main download Browser for multiplayer osu!

My problem:

Everytime i want to download a beatmap in osu from the box in multiplayer lobbys, Microsoft Edge opens and I cant download it. There is no download box! On Google Chrome I can download it, but I have to copy the link from Microsoft Edge and paste it into Google Chrome, then the page has to load again and I have to download the beatmap. This i annoying and everybody hast to wait for me. How can I change the Browser from Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome, so I can play multiplayer without any problems?
If you know the issue, please send me a answer.
RockRoller
I believe osu simply uses whatever is set as your default browser in windows. GO to your windows settings>system>standard programms and change it there
mihari
When you click that multiplayer "download" box, you essentially just click on a link, so Windows will simply open that link with the browser that is set as your default.
Microsoft Edge is the default browser in windows 10 by default, that's why it is opening it in Edge.

Type "default" in your Windows search bar, something along the lines of "Settings for default apps" should come up, or, as you are german "Einstellungen für Standard-Apps". If you click on that, you can change your default browser.

Piscius
all are German, could communicate with native language lol
mihari

Piscius wrote:

all are German, could communicate with native language lol

Yeah, considered writing that in german, however, I decided against it, reason being that this way, other players who might have the same problem can understand it without using Google Translator, which might completely break the text.
VALENDRA
how to go to windows setting
- Marco -
It depends on what windows version you're using. For Windows 10 click the windows logo on the bottom left and then the gear. Also if you have any issues, please write a new topic instead of writing on a resolved one.