forum

Outemu Switches?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hatted
Soooo... I was wondering if Outemu Switches are any inferior to Red Switches (gameplay-wise), since I'm about to get a mechanical KB. I'm really struggling with my Razer Cyclosa (Membrane) and I think it's time to change it. The cheapest one I found with MX Red Switches was the Gigabyte Force K83 (R$300/80dollars converted) and I do have the money, but I'm not into paying that much on a keyboard. Then I found about Outemu Switches and they are really cheap (around R$180-220).

Are they really inferior to MX Switches (comfort-wise) or I can buy them without worrying about it?
The Gambler
They should perform similarly, though they are slightly scratchy according to Input Club: https://input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/outemu-red/

Be prepared to lube them up with Krytox or other keyswitch lube somewhere down the line. Otherwise, these are perfectly good value switches.

I would also recommend you explore other equivalent switches like Kailh BOX Red, Gateron Red, etc. to get a feel for currently available keyswitches. Going that far however, is delving into custom keypad territory.
DXPOHIHIHI
there are 30$ red switch keyboards out there lol
Vuelo Eluko
black switches > reds